in the hospital

Precious Saeng

" What happened just now ??!!!!!!" When Hyun Joong saw Young Saeng lying on the ground, he could feel his hands trembling and he did not realised that he had raised his voice.

"Hyung, don't get angry first. It might be a mistake due to the other colleagues." Jung Min held on to Hyun Joong's trembling hands.

"You mean Young Saeng....." He suddenly remembered what he had just discussed with Kyu Jong about Young Saeng. The expletives he wanted to scream in frustration got stuck in his throat. 

"Young Saeng has been eating very little recently..." Hyung Jun added in quietly as he thought about Young Saeng's strange behaviour over the past few weeks. 

Jung Min nodded his head silently before he exclaimed," Is he.....starving himself?" Jung Min just gave a very likely answer. 

Hyun Joong furrowed his eyebrows as he chided himself mentally for not taking notice earlier. He had been busy with his own individual schedules and neglected Young Saeng. he could not believe that Young Saeng would fast and starve himself right under everyone's nose!

***In the hospital***

Apart from Young Saeng who was sleeping on the hospital bed, Hyun Joong was also sitting next to him but with an angry look plastered on his face. Earlier on, the doctor had came in and said that Young Saeng's blood sugar level was too low and it was because his food intake dropped significantly suddenly. He had not listened to anything else that the doctor had to say but Jung Min was right about Young Saeng starving himself.

After chasing the other members back to their domitory, Hyun Joong sighed as he fixed his eyes on Young Saeng. He had just called Young Saeng's parents who lived far away from Seoul to assure them that he would take good care of Young Saeng.

It was nearly midnight when Young Saeng's eyes finally opened as he woke up slowly. As Hyun Joong's gaze never looked away, he knew that Young Saeng was up immediately. 

"Young Saeng?" Hyun Joong asked.

"Hyun Joong..hyung?" Young Saeng hesitated for a whiile before answering him.

Good thing he still recognised who he was. Hyun Joong heaved a sigh of relief as raised out his hand to pinch those adorable cheeks. 

"Little otter, you called wrongly again...."

"Hyun Joongie, where are we?" Young Saeng understood what he meant immediately and gave his sweet smile. 

Hyun Joong wanted to smile back at him but he controlled it and looked sternly at Young Saeng, " Why are you starving yourself for no reason?!"

Young Saeng was stunned momentarily as Hyun Joong never raised his voice at him before. 

"Pabo, starving yourself for no reason...See, now you are lying in the hospital' 

Young Saeng never expected that he would faint. He had tried so hard to lose weight to gain some self-esteem. People always made fun of him as they compared him to the other members. He isn't like the rest, who did not gain weight easily even after eating a lot. He felt a lot of pressure during photoshoots as he always wanted to hide himself at the back. All he wanted was to lose some weight and gain acceptance. 

Young Saeng did not answer Hyun Joong's question but instead started pouting and blinking his eyes. Hyun Joong knew that Young Saeng was trying to hold back his tears. If it were the other members, he would have scolded them for wanting to cry but he could not do it to his precious otter. 

" Why are you crying.." Hyun Joong lowered his voice as he tried to rub away the tears already accumulating at Young Saeng's eyes. 

" You scolded me!" Young Saeng felt wronged and wanted to turn away. 

Hyun Joong breathed in deeply to make his tone more comforing and friendly. 

"You made everyone worry. Shouldn't you be scolded?" 

" I didn't do it on purpose..." Young Saeng knew that he had made everyone worried but he really wanted to lose weight.

" Don't do it again okay," Hyun Joong warned Young Saeng gently as he rubbed Young Saeng's face.

Young Saeng did not reply but instead pouted even more. 

Seeing Young Saeng refusing to answer, Hyun Joong shook Young Saeng slightly.

"Faster promise that you will not repeat this again." 

" Don't want"

" What??" Hyun Joong could not believe it that his otter actually wanted to go against him. Was he hearing things??

Young Saeng did not notice Hyun Joong's stern look. He had already slipped into self-pity..

" All of you are so skinny. When we stand together, its very obvious that I'm chubby. I hate it this way..."

So this is the problem. Young Saeng's enchanting and sweet smile often made others overlook the fact that he had a sensitive heart.

" Silly. Others are others. You are you. Don't make this kind of pointless comments. Also, you are not fat to begin with..." Hyun Joong comforted him as he held on to Young Saeng's face which had lost some of its roundness.

" Joongie...you saying this is really...unsuitable. It doesn't seem sincere to say it to me when you are so skinny.." Young Saeng glanced at Hyun Joong

" Naggy.." Hyun Joong grumbled as he thought to himself about how ungrateful his otter was to his comforts.

"especially when you said I was obese on Star Golden Bell" Young Saeng added on suddenly.

" Shhh.. if you really want to lose some weight, we will work something on together but no starving youself okay?"

Nodding his head slightly, Young Saeng decided that perhaps it is best he just followed Hyun Joong's words.

"...if you are really desperate, we can exercise together on your bed right now..." Hyun Joong suggested mischievously as he tugged at the blankets.

"Eww. I'm the patient here!!" Young Saeng could not help but to break into his cute smile.

" Just go to sleep now so you can recover soon"

" Good night"

" Sleep well, my otter "