Final

Fate is Stronger than Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter
Fate is Stronger than Promises. “ I promised to never let you go... ”      

I hurried down the damp stairways leading to a basement that our underground studio was. The door croaked as I pulled it open and I stepped inside, pausing for a short second to catch my breath. Lifting my head to finally look at my band mates, I grinned widely and opened my mouth to greet them. "Hey!" I shouted energetically making them cringe.

Suddenly, a girlish giggle could be heard from the bathroom. Confused, I looked at the guys who smirked in return.

Jason, our bassist with blue hair and a piercing on his upper lip, sneered loudly before speaking in his weird sounding Korean "new member, Kris. I can't believe our ace doesn't know the new member."

I glared angrily at them, especially Eli who was leaning back on his seat and smirking proudly.

I huffed loudly, "But a girl? Seriously?"

Daniel laughed loudly, pointing to somewhere behind me.

I turned my head so quickly that my muscles hurt, only to be confronted with a red haired girl who was holding her phone against her ear that had lots of weird piercings. She was staring at me mouth agape, with a looked that showed something between shock and offence.

Too shocked to do anything, I gulped nervously, staring at the beautiful stranger in front of me. I clearly felt my heart skip a beat.

My eyes scanned her features, from her hazel eyes that were emphasized by a dark thick line of eyeliner, to her perfectly shaped nose that looked unbelievably natural, and her plump lips that were covered with a layer of dark red lipstick. Her skin was so pale and flawless that had me want to touch it. And her hair, damn she looked amazing with it. I used to think girls look like crap with red hair, but now looking at h---

The sound of loud laughter snapped me out of my haze. I glanced at my friends who were laughing their asses off to god knows what, but what surprised me to the most was seeing her join in. Still chuckling, she slipped her phone in her jean shorts pocket. God, the sound of her laughter were like music to my ears.

Still confused over their sudden outburst, I stepped back to give her the space to walk in. She walked past me coolly, and settled down beside Eli, who grinned widely at her.

"May I ask what is so funny?" I asked grumpily, starting to feel offended by their laughter and mocking gazes.

Upon hearing my question, Daniel who had just calmed down his laughter, started laughing out like a mad man leaning his forehead against the keyboard.

Jason chuckled, "We know that Hanna is beautiful, but your expression when you were drooling over her was so funny. You would've laughed too if you saw how your face was."

Oh my god. Did I just embarrass myself in front of this beautiful lady and my stupid band mates? Great. What an awesome first impression.

I tried to hide my embarrassment by playing it cool, "you can laugh all you want at your delusions." I said to my friends. Then I looked back at her, offering a handshake, "Well there, Hanna. I'm Kris. Nice to meet you." I smiled softly at her who shook my hand and nodded her head. Her hand felt so soft and fragile in my hand, making me want to hold her hand again. God, I'm doomed. I know I've fallen in love for the first time in my life. My unsteady heartbeat proves me so. Now I want nothing more than making this gorgeous girl mine.

 

From that day on, I found myself jealous when the other guys approached her. It irked me how Eli always had a hand around her shoulders, or how Jason would lay his big head on her lap when he said he was tired. I knew that bastard was faking it. In addition to that, even David who had a girlfriend got really touchy with her.

And she seemed really oblivious about it. How can a girl be this naive? Well, that was one of the things about her that captivated me even more.

One day, when I walked into the studio as usual, I found my band mates with sour expressions. Well, one of them was worse. Eli.

Looking around the room, I noticed Hanna wasn't present.

"What happened?" I asked in confusion, "Where's Hanna? Have you seen her?"

Jason made a face and turned to glance at Eli who looked like he was going to burst in anger any minute. He looked up, glaring at me dangerousl

Please log in to read the full chapter