Is This It?

Meant To Be

Sunny's P.O.V

     I was coming back from school when the director called me to her office. I sighed. What was I going to get blamed for now? I stood out too much in this place, but I loved it. It's where I had grown up my whole life. I was unwanted, but here, I had friends. I left my stuff in my room and headed to the director's office. I was an orphan, left here by my mother when I was just barely born. I oftened asked myself why she left me here, and had me at all if she was just going to abandon me. She was a e, she could have had an abortion. I'm pretty sure there was ways she could have afforded that to say the least. But I was still greatful that I was here and alive. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door to the director's office.

    "Come in," was her soft response.

    "Mrs. Choi," I bowed as I entered. "You wanted to see me?"

    "Yes," she pointed to a seat. "Take a seat."

    I moved to the seat and finally noticed a man sitting in a chair next to the door. I bowed my head curtly to be respectful as I passed and sat down.

    "Sunny," Mrs. Choi started slowly. "I have asked you to come here to tell you that you will be going to Korea in two days with your father."

     "Wait, what?" I looked at her incredously. "Korea? My father?"

    "Mr. Lee," the man behind me stood and sat in the chair next to mine. He was Asian, most likely Korean. He had black hair with some graying hairs and was broad shoulder. "Maybe I should leave you two alone for a few minutes."

    "Thank you Mrs. Choi," the Mr. Lee stood when she stood to leave. I sat frozen in my seat. As soon as she left, he turned to me and sat down. "Sunny... this will be hard to explain, but please understand. Your mother, when she found out she was pregnant, didn't want to keep you, but I did. She agreed, only if I were to marry her, but you see, I couldn't. It would cause trouble for my company, and my wife died just a little before your mother. To her, your mother, she didn't understand, so she decided to keep you, only to cause me much pain. She hid herself and when she had you, left you, so that I may never find. I'm sorry it's taken so long to find you. I'm here to take you home with me to Korea... you do speak Korean, right?"

    "Yeah," I couldn't say anything else. It was all too shocking. By the looks of it, he was rich, very rich. Wow, way to go mom?

    "Good," he looked at me closely. "You'll have to take exams to the school I want you to transfer in, but the test are difficult. I hope you do well, since I heard you're very bright."

    "I'll do my best.... appa?" I finally looked him in the eyes.

    "Your eyes..." he looked at me perplexed. "You have Korean eyes, but the color, they're blue!"

    "Um, yeah," I looked down again. Yes, my eyes were a sea blue. I looked Korean from all aspects, up to my eyes. My blue eyes.

    Mrs. Choi came in just then and soon my appa was filling in paper work and I headed to my room to pack. I felt numb at this. It was so much in such little time!

 

    I looked at my new teacher shyly. An act. I had passed all the tests brilliantly to my father's content. But I was to act as if I knew no, to little Korean. Oh, and that wasn't the best part, not at all. I had to wear contacts. My father didn't want me to go walking around and stand out too much... yet, with my blue eyes. I wasn't supposed to show any signs of being a daughter from a mistress and what not. But acting shy? I could do that easy. I had lived my whole life in an orphanage, and now I was thrown into a world where I was rich and had a father. Ha! I found out that the only reason he searched for me with so much effort was so that I could marry into another family that would help his company. Selfish man. I wasn't to call him appa if it was just us, but just for show, act as family in front of others.

    The bell rang and everyone headed to their classes. I waited outside the class room as the teacher settled the class down. When I heard my name, I stood up straighter, feeling nervous.

    "Sunny," the teacher called. "Please come in."

     The teacher spoke in English, but if he had spoken in Korean, I would have understood.

    "I'm Sunny," I bowed to the class.

   "She's from America," the teacher explained to the class in Korea. "She knows little Korean, so please be kind to her. You've all heard the rumors of the company ______ head has recently found his daughter. This is her, so please be understanding."

    "Please take care of me," I pretended to struggle in Korean. I heard some whispers.

    "I wish you could take a seat next to Suri and Minji," the teacher directed himself to me. "They speak English better than the rest and they're girls, but there's no open seat next to them. So please sit next to Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun, please raise your hand. He speaks English too, so he can help you out. Take a seat."

    I looked at the boy raising his hand. He was doing it half heartedly, an annoyed look plainly seen on his face. Great, but at least I will be left alone....

 

     Most of the students ignored me after that. I was somewhat happy about it. Some girls did try aproaching me, but I had heard them talk behind my back. I walked over to Suri and Minji and found that we hit it off well. They introduced me to their boyfriends too. Minji was dating Taemin, and Suri was dating Key. None of the girls liked them for it too. Taemin and Key and their friends made a group everyone called SHINee for their good looks. There was even a fan club. Wow. But they were good looking. Minho was really cool and nice and Onew... well, I gave him my chicken when I had any and he would be extremely happy. The last member was Jonghyun, the ultimate playboy.

    He was never around anymore. He didn't seem to like me one bit. He'd accused me of lying about my knowledge in the Korean language and when I denied it, he stomped off. He must have actually caught me when I wrote my notes very well. He was rich too, which the girls fawned over too. I didn't like him, yet I could never keep my eyes off him. Besides, in about a month I'd meet my fiance, according to my... well you know.

    "You're looking again," Minji teased.

    "Want a picture?" Suri laughed. "It'll last much longer."

    "What makes you think I like him?" I glared.

    "Whatever," Suri went ahead and caught up to Key who kissed her forhead. She was so lucky. She could be with whomever whe wanted to be with. Minji too... even if it were arranged too, at least they loved each other.

    "What are you waiting for?" Minji tugged my shirt. "We have to go to P.E."

    "Um, I'm going to go to wash my face," I walked off. "I need to cool, I'm not feeling well."

    I walked to basin thing outside and washed my face. Then my right eye began hurting some, so I took out my brown contact. They were so annoying and irritating.

     "What are you doing here?" a voice asked in Korean. I looked up and saw Jonghyun.

     "I wanted to cool my face," I dropped my contact and freaked. CRAP! I kept my head down so he wouldn't see my eyes.

     "Looking for this?" he had seen it dropped and picked up. Oh please don't look at it! I begged. "Hey, it's a colored contact."

     "So?" damnit. "Give it back!"

     "Your Korean isn't bad," I gasped and clasped my hands over my mouth. "You are such a liar. I hate that in a girl."

     "Sorry I don't make the cut," I looked him in the eye. "But those other girls much be perfect with all their lies."

     "Woah," he looked at me. "Take out the other contact."

    "No," I snapped.

    "I'm a playboy," he shrugged, giving up. "But I don't like them. Besides, I have a fiance."

    "Hmph!" I jumped him and tried to take the contact. We fell on the floor, me on top of him.

     "Well you like it rough," Jonghyun laughed. My heart beat faster and I stood up quickly. I wasn't allowed to love. I had to somehow like the guy I was to marry.

    "Why do you hate me so much?" I was near tears, and that surprised me so much.

     "Are you crying?" he stood up quickly and gave me back my contact. "Sorry, I'm really sorry. I don't hate you..."

    "Well you've acted like you do!"

    "Well I don't!"

    "But you do!"

    "I don't!"

     "I was content watching you!" I turn and wash my contact and put back in. He stood motionless. "I fell in love with you when I'm not supposed to!"

     I said it. Great. I ran. I didn't know where, but I tried to run. He had frozen in shock and I was glad. But then a hand grabbed me and stopped me. I was blinded my tears, but the hand held on tightly. The person twisted me around and grabbed my shoulders.

    "Well I was too!" what? Jonghyun. "I fell in love with you too!"

    My vision cleard and he wiped a tear from my face. I looked at his clear eyes, fixed on me. I wanted to cry again, happy, but full of hopelesness. He leaned in and kissed me. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. It was passionate and hot. Sweet and tender. Rough but gentle. It was pure bliss.

 

    Weeks passed and we dated in secret. The day getting closer to when I would have to meet my fiance. We tried coming up with a plan so that it didn't have to happen. I had tried talking to my appa and he to his parents. Nothing. We would elope. If it came down to it, we would elope. Run away. Minji and Suri noticed the change in me as did the others in Jonghyun. We were found out. They said it was obvious we were dating. That we loved each other. Soon they were trying to think of ways to help us. I explained everything to them. Showed them my eyes. Eventually I rebelled to my appa and stopped wearing the contacts, which made him angry, and Jonghyun happy. He loved my blue eyes. Eventually my appa didn't care about the eyes anymore.  All the girls glared at me. Jonghyun often grabbed me in the hallway in front of the girls and kissed me.

    Pranks were played on me, but I didn't care. I was happy for those few weeks. So happy. Then the day came where my appa basically had me chained to take me to meet my fiance and his family. As soon as I graduated I would have marry the guy. Tsk. A wave of sorrow swept over me. This couldn't be it. It just couldn't!

    Eventually I calmed. We entered the hotel and headed to the fancy restaurant. We were taken to a private room where a table was neatly set. I was to wait in the shadows while my appa talked to my future in-laws. I heard some arguing, and a couple walked in. Their faces looked grim, but smiled and greeted my appa respectfully. It took all my efforts to keep from falling. Finally Appa called me over and I walked in slowly, head down, slowly giving in to the inetable. The couple had also called the guy I was to marry. I greeted them, kindly but sadly. The guy wouldn't come out.

    "Get out here young man!" Mr. Kim said. I sighed. Why were there so many with that last name? Even my Jonghyun.

    "Let me go!" I heard someone struggle. "I told you, I have somone I love!"

    My head snapped up, surprising the Kim's. "Jonghyung?" I called desperately.

    "Sunny?" the struggling stopped and Jonghyun stepped out. "Sunny!"

    We ran to each other and hugged. I was crying as I clutched to him desperately.

    "You two know each other," my apppa grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

    "This is the man I love!" I said furiously.

    "Well..." the Kim's looked at us, smiling now. "I guess this will work out after all."

    "Sunny, Jonghyun," my appa said calmly. "Congratulations on your engagement."

    "What?" we both looked up, shocked. But then we hugged again and I began to cry again, happy.

 

    A few months later, after graduation and everything in between, Minji and Taemin went and got married, as did Key and Suri. As for me Jonghyung? We got married and went to college together. In fact, I have become the head of the companies, and made them more successful than ever. Jonghyun started a singing career, but one that was only for me.

    Is this is?

    No, it's only the beginning for him and I.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I hope it was worthy. It just came to me...

I was considering writing it completly out, but I thought a oneshot would better since I have too much on my hands as it is.

Please consider reading my other stories too!

Thank You!!

I hope you liked it!

So please let me know by commenting!

ñ_ñ