Day One

Reincarnation

A/N: Again, I repeat: This is based on a TRUE STORY.


DAY 1

“Damn you, Chanyeol. Shut up.” Kris said, obviously annoyed.

Chanyeol couldn’t stop laughing at Kris all throughout the ride. They had a bet, you see. Because of Kris’ blabbering from their one on one basketball game, Chanyeol managed to win the game. Winner gets to demand three things from the loser and the loser on the other hand, well, has no choice but to grant those requests.

“My savings for summer, all gone, because of you... STOP LAUGHING!” Kris continued.

Aside from the mountain of sweets and junkfood placed on Kris’ lap, he was also wearing a bunny onesie. Yeah, who wouldn’t feel annoyed with that, right?

“HAHAHA OH MY GOD I CAN’T BREATHE, KRIS HAHHAH OH MY GOD WHEW... Whew, okay...” Chanyeol calmed himself down, closing his eyes every now and then so as to not to see how Kris looked like because not doing so would only make him laugh even more. “One last thing...” He brought out his camera and pointed it to Kris.

“Oh god no, I thought you weren’t serious about that...” Kris said, his voice slightly shaking.

“3 requests, Kris. And this is the last.” Chanyeol grinned.

“Hell no, man... Don’t make me do this, please.”

“Hah, a bet’s a bet.”

Kris gave out a huge sigh and brought out his mp3 player. He scrolled through the songs and finally found what he was looking for. He patiently waited for the part he was supposed to dance in, glaring at Chanyeol every now and then. But Chanyeol didn't care, he couldn't wait to see Kris embarass himself.


Ildeo hagi ileun, gwiyomi
ideo hagi ineun, gwiyomi...

 

Throughout the trip, Chanyeol just kept on watching Kris’ awkward aegyo dance in his camera, and Kris was sulking at the back of the car. Bunny suit and all.
 



They finally arrived the Park Family’s resthouse and everyone started bringing their things inside the manor.

“Home, sweet home.” Chanyeol’s parents said.

Kris looked at the house before him, admiring its beauty at the same time. It looked really classy and vintage. Chanyeol patted Kris’ back as he escorted him inside the house, Kris still awestruck by it all. When they went inside, Kris couldn’t believe his eyes. He never expected the Park family to be this rich. He never expected Chanyeol to (partially) own all these delicate and fragile treasures he found in this home.

And, as if reading his mind, Chanyeol said, “Yeah, believe it.”

After they toured the rest of the house, Kris keeping in mind where all the bathrooms were, the two finally went to their room and started unpacking.

“Your place here sure is nice.” Kris said.

“Yeah, I know. It’s kind of old though, since it’s been with the family for more than 50 years. Anyways... excuse me while I go to the bathroom. Make yourself at home!” Chanyeol replied, then walked out of the room.

Kris surveyed the room they were going to stay in for the next few days. He noticed almost everything was made out of wood; the bed, the cabinets, the floor, the ceiling, the small compartment beside their beds. Basically, everything looked pretty old.

He started changing into a set of comfortable clothes when Chanyeol walked in.

“Oh, you took a bath?” Kris said, as he looked at Chanyeol from head to toe. Chanyeol was shirtless when he entered, his hair and pants slightly wet.

“No, the faucet just broke.” Chanyeol replied, bending down to pick up his luggage. “Good thing I always overpack.” And Kris nodded. So, the boys went on with changing their clothes.

“Wanna eat somewhere? None of the cooks won’t arrive until tomorrow so we can only eat outside.” Chanyeol said.

“Yeah, sure. Where though?”

“You’ll see, come on.” Then Chanyeol picked up his wallet and shades. “Not sure if you’re wearing appropriate clothes though. You better change, man.”

Kris gave a confused expression and looked down, only to see himself wearing a loose shirt and worn out pants. He took off his clothes, probably for the nth time on that day, and changed into a much better looking outfit. He couldn’t quite understand why he dressed that way, because 1) that was definitely not his style and 2) he can’t remember owning any of those clothes. Anyway, he just shrugged it off, thinking his mom probably slipped it in his luggage while he was packing.

When he was done and ready, they went to the Park’s gigantic garage full of expensive cars and chose one of the family cars to bring  with them.

And so they went off.

 


Kris was surfing through the radio channels, looking for a decent station that played his kind of music. Eventually, he found one and settled for that.

“So, where are we going?” Kris said.

“We’re going to one of my favorite buffet restaurants. They serve the best fried chicken there and I really want you to try it.”

“Fried chicken?” Kris immediately retorted, with a disgusted look on his face. “Can’t we eat somewhere else?”

Chanyeol glanced over to him and back at the road, and felt a pang of sadness that Kris didn’t like something he did, but he just shaked that feeling off. “Um, sure. Where do you wanna eat then?”

Kris looked out the window and looked for an interesting looking restaurant he could suggest. But so far, he couldn’t see a single restaurant that appealed to him. Until they passed by the market.

“I have an idea,” he said. “Why won’t we just buy stuff from the market and cook it ourselves?”

Chanyeol laughed. “Are you for real? Do you even know how to cook?”

“I don’t know... I just have this urge to cook all of a sudden.” Even if Kris knew he didn’t know how. “And come on, we should try out something new every once in a while.”

“Aghhh, whatever. You are the guest.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

After looking for a parking spot, they went out and proceeded to the market.
 



"Since when were you this good in cooking?" Chanyeol said, as he stuffed his mouth with Kris' cooking.

"I... I honestly don't know." Kris replied. He was confused about how he suddenly acquired this amazing skill but felt proud of himself anyway because he made his best friend happy with something he made.

"If I had known you were this good, I wouldv'e asked you to cook for me when we were still in the city." Chanyeol said, cleaning up his plate. "Like seriously man, if you were a girl, I'd marry you so I can eat your cooking everyday.... No homo tho."

"Yeah, thanks. And... Defnitely no homo." Kris laughed.

After having dinner, they left the dining room, which was later on cleaned up by the maids, and went up to their room.

"This was a very uneventful day," Chanyeol pouted. "We didn't do anything."

"Well, we just got here you know. Tomorrow, let's do something fun, yeah?" Kris replied.

"Yeah, let's." Then Chanyeol turned off the lights and in no time at all, both were fast sleep.

Or at least Kris was.

Chanyeol tossed and his bed, looking for that comfortable position. But he just couldn't. So he went out of their room and went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk. He went downstairs, opening all the lights in the process. He was scared of the dark, can you blame him? And he always had this creepy feeling in this house at night whenever they'd visit, as if someone was watching his every move.

Shrugging that feeling off, he went back to their room. He heard someone talking inside, he was hearing mumbled words and he couldn't understand them. So he opened the lights and he almost spilled his milk when he saw Kris in front of him, his eyes closed.

"Will that be all?" Kris said, then he nodded. Chanyeol was just staring at him, feeling very confused. "I will be leaving then, sir. Excuse me." Then Kris started walking towards the other end of the room.

"Jesus Christ, Kris. I didn't know you sleep walked." Chanyeol followed Kris around the room and woke him up.

Kris rubbed his eyes and was surprised to see Chanyeol in front of him, even more surprised that he was standing. He pushed Chanyeol away and said, "What the hell are you doing to me?" Then Chanyeol replied, "What the hell are you doing? You scared the out of me! I didn't know you sleep walk and talk."

Kris felt more confused than he already was. "I didn't know I did that either."

His friend just sighed. "Get some rest big guy," Chanyeol continued, as he grabbed Kris' wrist and brought him back to his bed. "Big day ahead, remember?"

"Yeah..." was all Kris could reply. Then Chanyeol placed his glass of milk on Kris' side table and said, "Here, have my milk and drink it, so you can sleep again, okay? I'll go get another one. Night, hyung."

Kris nodded and had a sip of milk and closed his eyes. He heard Chanyeol switch the lights off and closed the door.

 

But even after Chanyeol came back, Kris still found himself wide awake. He kept tossing and turning on his bed, so many thoughts running through his head. Wondering what was up with him these days. He was starting to question whether or not it was good idea he came along in the first place. He really felt like something was off about this trip, he just couldn't point out what it was. Eventually though, after 2 hours of counting sheep, he finally fell asleep, telling himself that tomorrow was going to be a better day before he did.
 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

*aggresively and continuously apologizes to everyone for only updating this now*
I am so sorry, guys!! I've been meaning to update this a long time ago but senior year's just been really busy and when summer (2014) came, I was out of the country and was outside most of the time, and then college came and I honestly thought I'd be forced to delete this already since I thought the amount of readings were hindering me from updating this but HOORAY BECAUSE I JUST LOVE TO PROCRASTINATE (ps. college will be the death of me pls send help) so I decided to finally post this. Chapter 2 will most likely be up in a week or 2 (no promises tho) but yeah. Constructive criticism is very welcomed and I hope you guys enjoyed it! Stay tuned.


MAKNAELU~~ I hope you liked my surprise! Love and miss you <3