The Parcel

The Bird

September 26th 2013 (Thursday) : Present Day,

The sound of birds singing out of the window. As the warm sun rays touched my cold rosy cheeks, I woke up. After taking a minute to digest my surroundings, I took a quick glance at the alarm clock at the bedstand. Smilling to myself I got up to get ready for the day. Another awaits me. During the time span, I can't help but to feel like something seems to be missing.

   At exactly eight in the morning, I made breakfast for two, which is weird because I live by myself. I nudged it off thinking that my hormones is affecting my appetite today. I sat at the dining table with thoughts clouding my mind. As scences from my dream the night before came in. A young girl and a boy. Both were playing together under a shady tree. Suddenly the girl dissapear, but I took her place. It was then I realized the little girl was me. The boy waving his hand at me, smilling sweetly at me but a single tear drop fell from his left eye. Slowly he walked away from me, as if he was saying a sad goodbye to me. Before I could even made my towards him, I was pulled back. My surroundings suddenly became blurrly. Water engulfed me. 

  A loud knock took me back to reality. I quickly gobbled up my last bit of breakfast and made my way to the front door. But nobody was their. But a parcel was left at the doorstep. Curiously, I picked it up and took it with me to college. For a small parcel it was surprisingly heavy.

  As soon as I set foot on college grounds, I quickly made may to my locker, placing in the parcel and taking out books I need for my classes. Flashbacks of the dream slowly creeped into my mind. I got the feeling that thos wasn't just dreams but memories. Memories of my childhood years. I was too deeped in thought, I didn't pay attention of to where I was going. I bumbed into something o someone. My books and papers fall from my hand. I kept saing my appologies as I gathered all my stuff. Turns out I bumped into a guy, and his stuff was mixed with mine too. I looked up to him to say my sincere appologies but got caught up n the moment. His face. He looks exactly like the boy from my dreams. I was too busy starring at his face to notice he was nagging at me of how I was very clumsy. he stopped nagging when he saw my face. I snapped out from my daydream and abruptly got up and left him for my class. My head was aching. Why was seeing his face made my head and heart ached.

  The bell for lunch time rang. I stepped out of the class and made my way to the lockers. I took out the parcel and replace it with my books. I made my way to the library. I took a sit at the corner ou of everybody's sight. I unwrapped the parcel. Turns out it was an old shoe box filled with photos and things. I took out a photo. It was a picture of me and the boy from my dreams. Surprised. I took out all the photos and began examinane it one by one. Eeach one was the saem thing. A picture of us both, in different scenes. One was at  the old house I used to live in at Malaysia, before I moved to Australia. We were playing the piano. I don't remember playing a piano with anyone. Another was at somebody's birthday party. Who the boys? I took a guess because he was standing in front of the cake blowing out the candle. I was huggung him. The others were all just pictures of us at school, at the park, by the seaside and a shopping mall. The last picture was at an airport. It was five years before I left to Australia. He was smilling yet had a swoorow look in his eye. Why? Who is he? What is he to me?

  Before I could any more wonders. A pile of books was placed infront of me suprising me. I looked up only to be greeted by the boy that I bumped into this morning. Those eyes, it look somehow familiar to me. It was shining but filled with sorrows. The same from the boy in the photo. Be fore I could ask any questions if he was the one. He got up leaving me dumb-founded. I tried chasing after him, but he dissapeared from my sight.   Sighing to myself, I walked to my next class with the old shoe box in my hands. This will deffinately be one long day.