ii -

In the Rain

 

2


Namji went to school the next day, marching down her way to the classroom, oblivious to the eyes watching her.

 

Woohyun arrived later than her.

 

Last night, their parents met up, with them of course. The restaurant was reserved to them, filthy rich you could say.

 

Their parents were talking about engagement and wedding soon and blah blah. What the hell? They're just caught in that compromising position and now ... These oldies were just over reacting, seriously.

 

Woohyun and Namji stayed quiet the whole dinner, didn't say anything just staring in space. They're not even aware towards their feelings for each other. They're confused.

 

It just started at Woohyun being sick and Namji being . That's all, just a small raging hormones issue, not a big deal but the hags won’t listen anyways, they've decided already. Engagement soon.

 

 


 

 

"You two are dating and we're not informed? What kind of friends are you?" Chen cried. "Secret relationship, I knew it from the very start! Hmmp." He ranted. The said two just sat in silence.

 

"That's why you always wanted to be paired up? To have time to each other?" Youngjae clicked his tongue in disapproval. How could these two ... Ugh!

 

"But i never thought you two would date." Jieun joined in, munching on her cookies.

 

Woohyun and Namji both sat straight and looked at her. 'We never thought we would, too' they're thinking the same thing again.

 

All the mockery and energy wasn't evident on the two, seems like both of them disliked the idea of being tied in a marriage they're too young for. Plus, they're bestfriends .....

 

This is all my fault, if I wasn't by Woohyun's hot steamy fever condition, this won’t happen. Namji blamed herself for all of this.

 

 


 

 

"Woohyun, I'm sorry." Namji mumbled.

 

"No, it's okay. Well we're actually bound to do this, remember how they try to pair us even when we're still in gradeschool?" Woohyun smiled.

 

Namji reminisced the past wherein her mother won’t let her befriend other boys aside from Woohyun. Her parents said she should only see Woohyun. And her heart granted their wish actually because she kinda had a crush on the guy but later on she forgot it since all she did with him was prank on people.

 

"But still."

 

"To be honest, I'm attracted to you." Namji looked at him, surprised at the sudden confession.

 

"Me either, before. But now ... Ew Woohyun I despise you." Namji made a disgusted face and turned away.

 

"Says the one who enjoys my kisses." Woohyun smirked.

 

She kept silent while trying to hide the blush creeping in both of her cheeks.

 


 

 

 

Namji hated parties, and her own Engagement has no exception. She hates the loud people, the blasting music, the smell of alcohol and she just hate everything at the moment. She sat in the corner, drinking her juice. Suddenly a hand glided to her waist lousily. She looked up only to see Woohyun fully drunk and in the state of being abnormal, because she knows a lot of crazy and abnormal antics he has in store whenever he's drunk. Dancing on top of a table, topless was the worst she had seen.

 

She helped him climb the stairs; he can walk actually just a bit swaying though. Thank God they reached the bathroom safely.

 

Namji knows what to do, grab for a clean cloth, soaking it with water and then wiping Woohyun's face until the red blush on his face disappears.

 

After Woohyun vomited everything he had eaten, she helped him again and this time they walked to his room.

 

 

 


 

Woohyun woke up with a slight headache and an aching back. He opened his eyes slowly only to see the morning sky saying hi to him. To the side, he saw Namji's sleeping face. He tried to recall what happened last night.

 

"Woohyun damn it you lost again! You have no power against me, I'm the champion of this game!" Namji cheered, jumping up and down. It's their fifth round yet Woohyun never won.

 

"Don’t speak like you've won in a 40 meter dash, duh, snake in ladder is too easy, I just let you win so you won’t be upset." He announced slurry a bit due to drunkenness. He threw the die away and flails his arms like a kid.

 

"Such a baby. Can’t even win this board game" Namji laughed.

 

And with that they ended up sleeping in the balcony of his room, on the exact tiled floor with Namji's lap as his pillow. Good thing to him he's lying. He stood up right away disregarding the pain in his back, in one lift, he brought Namji to the bed.

 

 


 

Namji stared at her ring finger. Soon she'll be married, no longer Ms.Bang.

 

Several thoughts are clouding her mind. Maybe if I didn't initiate it, this won’t happen.

 

But anyways, what do i really feel for him?

 

He's my bestfriend. The guy I'm accustomed to be with, a day without him is no fun. Playtime with him was always wonderful, a smile always there on her lips. His handsome face that made him blush when she was still young, and his pair of arms that was always ready to embrace her lovingly.

 

I can’t feel anything special to him.

 

Or I am just used to having him and being with him in a romantic way is not a big deal anymore.

 

Anyways, we've seen each other in any times. Bad or good.

 

Namji sighed and dropped the idea.

 

She smiled and looked at Woohyun who's playing with some application on his phone.

 

 


 

 

A week before their marriage, the two decided to spend the rest of their days together as bestfriends.

 

They can’t still feel a special spark though but maybe if they try.

 

"Okay, so we'll act like this is the first time we've met and then adlib, I’ll bump on you be ready." Woohyun instructed and took few steps backward.

 

As the two started walking, colliding into each other on cue.

 

"Oh sorry." Woohyun bit his lip and acted like he was looking on the face intently. "I'm Woohyun." he plastered that infamous smile he uses to attract the female population in his school.

 

"It’s okay, I'm Bang Namji. .... Ugh Woohyun this won’t work! I don’t know how to act." she yelled, trying to reach for Woohyun's head for a good smack.

 

The latter dodged it.

 

"Tsk, we're trying to start a new beginning right? And learn to love each other in a romantic way instead of smacking each other’s head and mocking and teasing here and there." Woohyun straightened his shirt.

 

"Ugh but you know, we just needed time. You don’t know, tomorrow you might be head over heels inlove to me" Namji smirked earning a glare.

 

Until a moment of silence, the cold wind passed by the two. They stared at each other's brown orbs ... And then laugh.

 

Good and light hearted laugh.

 

"Idiot!" Namji shouted.

 

"Stupid!" Woohyun barked back.

 

Suddenly, rain pours. Making the two of them jump, they both look around to search for a place to stay but since the park was isolated, no waiting shed. Woohyun grabbed Namji's left hand and then started pulling her towards the middle of the park.

 

"Yah! We'll get sick!" Namji tried to stop Woohyun but the latter just kept on dragging her and when he found the perfect spot, he faced the now soaked Namji.

 

"Let's enjoy this." and with that he tagged her. "Chase me Namji, you fat bunny!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So this is the last half. As you can see, the fic is less romance in genre, i just want to emphasize that they we're arranged and that it's not that easy to make a romantic relationship out of friendship especially when two people are really into each other as bestfriends, they do click and that's why they fit each other. Thank you for reading, hopefully this made you smile even tho my humor is fail. (forgive me orz) Lovelotsss. Comments are well appreciated. Happy New Year! .... Did this even make sense? orz