Who'd Have Known?

Who'd have known?

 

Who’d Have Known?

Tiffany’s POV

It's five o'clock in the morning and we’re still awake to talk about random stuffs in the living room. It’s just me and my 15 years childhood best friend, Lee Soonkyu. We’re both 25 now and we sort  of treat each other like siblings and could be more intimate that people might thought we’re couple but we’re not. We’re simple just that too close. Apparently, we’ve been living together since college year until the present time. Even our parents know that very well and they didn’t seem to care about it.

We’d been talking for hours now and the conversation got a bit boring that I told him I was sleepy.

“You should go to sleep now. I’d go into bed soon, got something left to do,” he replied.

I stood up and hug him before I left and snuck off into his bedroom. Yes, his bedroom. Though we have a separate bedroom, I tend to sleep with him. We slept on the same bed too since it’s a queen size but long pillow in the middle to separate us, so yeah. I thought I’d just wait for you until I heard your footsteps were getting closer that I quickly lay down and pretended I was sleeping. I don’t know why but this time I was hoping for you would creep in with me and put your arm around my shoulder.

As if the room got colder, we moved closer in together and you started talking about the weather and said something about tomorrow would be fun to go out together and watch sunset at the beach. Then, silent came slipping in; a peaceful one that surround us. However, something unexpected happened. You kissed me on the lips and from that moment, everything seems a little bit confusing to me. What’s happening actually? Are we an item now?

Weeks have turn to month that you didn’t seem to bother about that incident and you acted up like nothing happen but not me. Every time I see you, I would stare at you for as long as possible but you didn’t seem to notice about it. Or whenever you’re off to work, I would stay in watching TV or more like the TV watching me while drinking wine and my mind would wander off to somewhere else where there’s only you and me. I didn’t tell you my feeling because I’m afraid of the answer so I just kept it to myself.

But who'd have known?

Whenever you'd flash up on my phone, the butterflies inside start to wake up and make me felt blissful that I'd no longer feel alone. We’d exchanging text messages until you come home and smiles at me and would ask me if I’d already had dinner or else you would bring me out to have some like a kind gentle boyfriend would do. I’m impress. It’s like you’re showing me you like me in a different way with different feeling. We used to be like siblings but now I feel different. It’s like we’re couple but we’re not.

It have been months now yet you still show no confession but I’m becoming quite amazed at how you're quite affectionate in public like you would sometime put your arm around my waist whenever you see some guys flirting at me. I love it when you do that but you still left me hanging.

Then one day, our friend invited us to eat out with her at the restaurant nearby and both of us agree immediately. Upon arriving, we greet our 3 years friend, Yuri;

“Hi, Yuri!” I greeted her while smiling.

“Hi, Fany! Hi, Soonkyu!”

“Hello,” he greeted kindly.

We then chatted while eating and after sometime, Yuri blurted out something that’s making both me and him blush, “You know? You two should just go out together! It’s making me feel sick that you’re being so affectionate towards each other yet you’re not an item.”

I heard him chuckled after that, “Really? You feel sick now? Do you think we’ll make a good couple together?”

I blushed madly upon hearing his words and quickly look down at the floor.

“Yeah, why not? Come on, ask her out already!” Yuri said while rolling her eyes.

“Would you go out with me, Tiff?” he asked that instant.

I turned around and looked at him with a wide eyes and mouth agape.

“Would you?” he asked again when he heard no reply from me.

“I…” I was stuttered, “I… I would love to.”

“Finalllyyyyyy! What took you two so long to confess to each other?” Yuri stated dramatically.

Both me and him looked at each other and awkwardly smile knowing that we’re officially a couple. I was bursting in happiness on the inside that I unconsciously smile which lead to Yuri teasing me for the rest of the night.

From that day onward, we’re living like a couple and we did what couple usually did but there’s still just right amount of awkward between us.

We’d do everything what couple do except calling each other sweet name. We call by name since we’re comfortable that way.

 

But then one day after we had our dinner together as usual, I cleaned up the table and washed the dishes while he just sat there and observed me doing the chores. Then, he stood up and walked behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and his chin on my right shoulder.

“We should go to bed soon. I’m tired.”

I chuckles. He’s so clingy in a way but I love it when he does it.

“Hold on. Just let me finish washing all the dishes,” I said.

“Let me help you so it’ll take less time,” he offered and without waiting for my answers, he took some of the dishes and washed them carefully.

After we done washing the dishes, he intertwined his hand with mine and pulled me along with him to the bedroom.

As we lays, he started to talk about something that makes me sleepless for one whole night that day,

“I’d been thinking,” he started.

“What?”

“We’d never go out for a date.”

“So?”

“We should go out for a date. Our first monthsary is coming soon and we should do that.”

“But what about your work? I thought you’re busy with it.”

“That can be ignore for one day, Fany-ah.”

“But…”

“No but!”

“Won’t that stress you afterward?”

“Nothing would do as long as my baby is by my side supporting me.”

After hearing that, I was loss of words. Of course, in a good way cause he just called me his baby. It’s so sweet that I feel like I’m bursting in happiness.

Sooner after that, you told your friends about our relationships after hiding from them for a month and now they all know about it that we exist. We received different expectation from his friends but he couldn’t care less about it and told me to not worry about it. That’s just their perception.

I feel as a whole. Though we’re still new in this relationship thing, I just hope we could last longer than we could imagine. For now, let’s just see how we go and enjoy every moment we have for each other. God knows the best what’s for us but we didn’t know what’s gonna happen in the future but to enjoy what we have for now. I’m content.