It's Yours Part 1

Men In Love {On Hiatus}

On one fine evening, a Korean band called Infinite which consisted of 7 good looking young males arrived at their dorm after a long day of hard work. From photo shoots for magazines to filming variety shows, performing and radio interviews, the Infinite boys can finally rest their drained bodies. They hopped out of their black van and trudged into their dorm in one line.

            As soon as they crossed the threshold of their dorm, the 7 boys sprawled on the floor in the living room and sighed in relief. Sunggyu was leaning against his bedroom door in a sitting position while Woohyun was already snoring away on Sunggyu’s lap. “I’m not a pillow Woohyun-ahh…” Sunggyu grunted but let Woohyun sleep on his lap.

            After gulping down a bottle of mineral water in the kitchen, Dongwoo then trudged to living room with his eyes half-closed. He collapsed his body on the floor of the living room and instantly fell asleep beside Hoya. Meanwhile Myungsoo was slouched on the floor in the living room across Dongwoo and beside Sungyeol. Sungjong, the youngest in the group was fanning himself while eating junk food which he had secretly kept in his bag.

            “Are we done for today hyung?” asked Hoya with his eyes closed.

            “We’re done for today but don’t even think about going out okay? Tonight, you guys have to practice for the performance next week,” their manager said while pacing around the room and texting.

            Sungyeol pouted and asked, “Can’t I go out to have fresh air?”

            “No,” the manager replied sternly, eyes focused on his cell phone.   

            “Can’t I go to the nearest park?” Sungyeol asked more.

            “No.”

            “Can’t I go buy ice-cream?”

            “No.”

            “Can’t I-” Sungyeol was about to ask but the manager glared at him and barked,

            “NO!”

            Suddenly Myungsoo put up his hand with an innocent face. When the manager turned to face him, he asked, “Can’t I go out and buy smoothie?”

            The manager tousled his hair and said, “No, Myungsoo. You can’t go out. Aish! You kids can be the death of me. Go and take a shower or something.”

            The leader of the group, Sunggyu muffled a yawn and asked, “Aren’t you two tired?”

            “Of course I’m tired but I’m too bored to stay here. I want to go out!” Sungyeol crossed his arms acting like a child.

            “You can’t go out. Manager hyung would flip if you go,” Hoya mumbled with his eyes still closed.   

            “Myungsoo-ahh… Let’s go out,” Sungyeol looked pleadingly at Myungsoo who was staring out the window.

            “Sure but manager hyung is outside and we can’t just walk past by him like that… He’ll start blathering about responsibilities and other stuff. I’m sick and tired of listening to his blathering,” Myungsoo sighed.

            Frustrated, Sungyeol’s shoulder slumped and he muttered, “I just want to get out.” After mentioning his desire to get out of the dorm, an idea instantly popped into Sungyeol’s mind as his lips curved up into a sly smile. “Sunggyu hyung!” he batted his lashes at the drained looking leader and continued to say, “Can you help us get out of here?”

            Sunggyu opened his eyes and said, “No.” Then, he drifted back to sleep.

            Sungyeol huffed and crossed his arms. He looked at the leader with his eyes narrowed then took a lungful of air and started to shout, “WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” His shrilling dolphin-like screams echoed through the dorm as he kept on shouting like a kid.

            Hoya grunted as he closed his ears using his hands meanwhile Woohyun abruptly woke up from his sleep with a startled expression. Myungsoo just smirked while Dongwoo who was known as a heavy sleeper in the group continued on to sleep peacefully on the floor.

            “STOP SHOUTING,” Hoya said.

            “WHA- WHA- WHAT DO YOU WANT?!” Sunggyu shouted back.

            “Stop it! Stop it! My ears are hurting,” Woohyun cupped his ears.

            Suddenly, Sungjong strutted out from the kitchen and stuffed a banana into Sungyeol’s mouth silencing him. Immediately the dorm quieted down and peace was regained again. “Maknae rules,” Sungjong smirked and took a sit beside Hoya.

            “Help us, please,” Sungyeol pleaded and munched on the banana.

            “What if we don’t want to?” Hoya stuck his tongue out.

            Childishly, Sungyeol stuck out his tongue back and then said, “Then I’ll start shouting again. You want that?”

            Woohyun sighed and asked, “What do we get if we help you out?”

            Myungsoo spoke out for the first time by saying, “We’ll go and buy whatever you want to eat. Is that fair?”

            “Fair enough,” Sunggyu nodded.

            “Seedless watermelon is a must,” Hoya said while crossing his arms.

            “Then it’s a deal. We’ll buy you guys food and you guys repay us by helping us escape,” Myungsoo smiled and high-fived Sungyeol.

            Leaving out Dongwoo who was sleeping soundly on the floor with his mouth open, the 6 boys huddled up together to listen to the plan. “Hoya and I would call the manager to go to the toilet and say it’s broken or something,” Woohyun started to say.

Then he continued, “Sunggyu hyung take care of the door; make sure it doesn’t produce a single sound when they escape. Sungjong… you just take care of Dongwoo. If he wakes up just tell him nothing happened.”

They nodded as an agreement and went into position. Woohyun and Hoya went to the manager and asked him to come in the house saying that their toilet had problem. When the manager was safely inside the toilet, Sungyeol and Myungsoo snuck out of the house and Sunggyu who was in-charge-of the door had closed it quietly.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo went out of the house with a smile and breathed in the fresh air. “Where do you want to go?” Myungsoo asked.

“Comic store,” Sungyeol answered.

Suddenly, Myungsoo’s cell phone made a beep sound indicating that he received a text. “Hyung, not good,” he said after reading the text.

“What? Why? Something wrong?”

“Sungjong just texted me, he said that manager hyung found out and he’s here somewhere. We should watch out,” Myungsoo informed.

 All of the sudden, Sungyeol’s eyes bulged out and he squealed, “RUN! RUN! Manager hyung is there and he saw us. He saw us! Myungsoo! RUN!”

As fast as lightning, the two friends started to run for their lives. Their manager was shouting, “YAH! Stop running! YAH!”Sungyeol looked at his back and saw that the manager was still chasing after them while panting hard.

Sungyeol frantically looked around and said, “Split! Myungsoo we have to split! You know where I’ll be going, so, just text me when you want to go home and we’ll meet somewhere. See you later.” With that, they parted ways trying to break loose from their manager’s field of vision.

Run. Sungyeol kept on running without looking back. “Finally, he’s gone,” he sighed to himself after running for almost half an hour. He bent down and clasped on his knees trying to catch his breath. He was straightening his back when his eyes spotted a comic store. Sungyeol’s eyes tinkled in delight as he half-run to the comic store.

            “Heaven on earth,” Sungyeol spread his arms widely and breathed in the scent of new comics on the shelves. He giddily ran around the place and started to pick a few comics to read and sat in the corner of the store so that no one could interrupt his moment of bliss.

            Couple of minutes had passed by. Sungyeol had almost a dozen of comics surrounding him on the floor. He perused each and every page of the comics with full of interest. He would chuckle or groan sporadically making a few people turn their heads and look at him as if he was a crazy man.

            Soon, his reading materials had gotten thinner, so, he stood up to hunt for another juicy comic to read. Then, his eyes spotted a particular comic at the bottom shelve. Sungyeol kneeled down to pull it out but his grin soon disappeared when the comic refused to come out. He could feel another force pulling the comic he wanted. “It’s mine,” Sungyeol hissed loud enough for the person on the other side to hear.

            “Mine,” the other person on the other side of the shelf hissed back as they continued on pulling the comic they desired. Finally, using an extra force Sungyeol managed to pull the book from the stranger on the other side.

            He was about to flip open the comic when suddenly he heard, “I saw that first!” Sungyeol craned his neck to the right and saw a girl, he estimated the girl to be a couple of years younger than him. “I saw it first,” she hissed and pointed at the comic Sungyeol was holding with burning eyes.

            “I won so just face it. Mehrong~~” he stuck his tongue out and flipped the comic open.

            “It’s mine,” the girl stomped her feet.

            Sungyeol tore his gaze away from the comic and said, “No. It’s mine”

            “I saw it first!”

            “Well… the book is with me now so… it’s still mine.”

            “You don’t have your name on it so you can’t say it’s yours,” the girl said while she fisted her hands trying to control her anger.

            Annoyingly, Sungyeol stuck his tongue out again and said, “Then, it’s not yours too because it doesn’t have your name on it. Am I correct or what?” He winked.

            Lee Hyeryung stared at the young man in front of her in disbelief. How could a man be this childish and annoying? She puffed up her cheeks and ruffled her hair frustratingly. She looked at the young man in front of her; he was idly looking through the comic she wanted without feeling a hint of guilt on his face. 

            After a while, Hyeryung could not stand to see the young man anymore, so, she growled and made her way towards him. With a puzzled looked he looked up from the comic and stared at Hyeryung. He was about to ask her something but was immediately cut off when Hyeryung started to pull the comic from him. “I WANT IT!” she said.

            “Yah!” Sungyeol looked at Hyeryung, wide-eyed.

            “It’s mine” she hissed again.

            “Yah!” Sungyeol refused to let go.

            “Why are you so childish?!” Hyeryung tried to take the comic away.

            “You’re more childish than I am!”

            “I’m not,”

            “You are,”

            “I’m not,”

            “You are!”

            “YAH!” Sungyeol growled but Hyeryung refused to budge.

            “Be a gentleman!” Hyeryung said.

            “Then act like a girl,” Sungyeol replied.

            Through the eyes of the customers, Hyeryung and Sungyeol looked like two little children fighting for a lollipop. A few of the customers could not help but to just stare at them and shook their heads as the customers felt embarrassed on behalf of Hyeryung and Sungyeol’s parents.

            “Give it to me,” Hyeryung shouted.

            “N.E.V.E.R” Sungyeol spelled out.

            Hyeryung smirked and lied, “You can’t even spell out ‘never’. .”

            Sungyeol stopped pulling and scratched the back of his neck while saying, “I spelled it out like N.E.V.E.R. It’s correct…” Hyeryung took the opportunity to pull the comic away from him but Sungyeol was fast to catch on. “You think I’m so dumb?” Sungyeol stuck his tongue out while Hyeryung groaned in frustration.

            Then, the worst thing happened. The comic that they fought for had torn into two. The sound of the comic ripping into two seemed to echo through the comic store as both of them looked at each other, astonished. The customers gasped and the atmosphere turned quiet. “YOU KIDS!” the owner of the store barked, breaking the silent atmosphere.

            Feeling scared, Hyeryung receded and hid behind Sungyeol. “I’m- We- We’re so-sorry” Sungyeol managed to stutter but was only replied by a sharp glare from the owner of the comic store.

            “Pay,” the owner looked at them, eyes burning with fury. “Both of you pay,” he barked savagely causing Sungyeol and Hyeryung to blench in fear.

            “Y-Ye,” they nodded automatically and started to rummage their wallet for money.

            With an expressionless face, Sungyeol turned towards Hyeryung and said in a low tone, “I’ll pay for it.” He took out his wallet and started to count the right amount of money to pay.

            “Thank you,” Hyeryung bowed but saw that Sungyeol had already followed the owner of the comic store to the counter to pay.

            Trudging out of the comic store with a heavy feeling of guiltiness on her shoulder, she head straight to the nearest ice-cream stop to erase all the voices in her head which kept on saying, ‘It was your fault. Why did he pay if it was your fault?’ Hyeryung sighed and entered the ice-cream shop.

            Instantly, all her guilty feelings were thrown away as she saw the ice-creams. Her frown had vanished and was replaced with a blissful smile. With her arms spread she said, “Heaven on earth.”

            After paying for the ice-cream, she happily took a vacant sit by the window and was about to start eating when someone pulled the cup full of ice-cream away from her. “Yah!” she screamed. “Who do you-” she started to say but stopped when she saw the person in front.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hello! So, how do you find this first chapter? I didn't have the time to actually edit this chapter. Probably, in the future, I'll change this a little bit or something.  Comments are loved:D