At SM Building

A Girl Named Heather

The SHINee members and their manager ran down the halls of the beautiful SM building, panting as they feared being late. "How many trainees do you think they have this year?” Taemin asked nobody in particular while the Jongkey couple started bickering about earlier. “I don’t know for sure, I only know of the two that Taeyeon and Victoria told us about yesterday” Onew replied as they arrived at the hall's main doors. “I'm sorry Kibumie, please forgive me!” Jonghyun begged to a very upset Key with his big puppy eyes. “Fine. Just quit giving me that look!" Key replied slightly annoyed. “Yay!” Jonghyun hugged his 'secret' lover and gave him a long semi passionate kiss on the lips. “Don't look now, but they're at it again hyung...” Minho reported to his manager, making a face at the pair. “Well at least they're not doing it in public this time, or full on ing each other!” The manager said as he led everyone to the orientation room “I’m glad we can cover it up as fan service,” “.....And last but not least; the SHINee members would like to give you all some words of encouragement.” The CEO of SM entertainment; Lee Soo-Man announced as SHINee entered the room, just in time. The trainees giggled and squealed in excitement as the handsome singers walked onto the stage. “Welcome to SM Town, trainees. The work is hard and very time consuming....” Minho began, but was interrupted by his leader. “Yah! Minho you're supposed to be saying encouraging words, not discouraging!” Onew spat out, before tripping on his shoelace and falling flat on his face. Everyone, including Lee Soo-Man, was trying not to laugh out aloud. “I was, but you interrupted me!” Minho replied as he helped Onew to his feet. “Now as I was saying; even though the work is hard and very time consuming, the people you meet, the awards you receive, and the friends you make here is worth all the hard work and time you put into your dance and music.” Minho encourages, “yeah, and if you ever need help or someone to talk to, you can talk to your members, the staff, or any of us.” Taemin says brightly. “We will gladly help you out with anything and everything we can!” Key sends a cute wink to the crowd, making the females giggle again. “SM trainees fighting!” Onew finishes. “One more thing, please try not to catch what the fans call Onew Condition. It's very hard to keep an eye on our clumsy leader, and we don't need more like him.” Jonghyun adds making the trainees laugh. The groups bow at the same time as they leave to let the managers teach the trainees, they begin talking in excitement about the new members of SM. “Let's go practice, I'm bored.” Jonghyun sighed, heading to the elevators as everyone else followed him. “Since when do you want to practice?” Asked a very suspicious Minho. “No reason, I just want to get some practice in so I can work out my leg. It's still not as strong as it used to be and that worries me.” Replied Jonghyun as he and the members wait for the elevator. “Remember Jonghyun, Minho isn’t off the hook just yet,” Key says glaring at Minho who gulped. “Let’s wait until Manager hyung gets here,” Jonghyun replied as he opened the door to the practice room.  “Taemin, why did you tell them what happened last night?” Minho asked as he grabbed the young dancer’s arm “because, I’m tired of this and it needs to stop,” Taemin replied pulling away and walking into the room as well. “You know Taemin, the constant arguing will stop when you decide to talk about the main argument,” Minho stated casually as he walked ahead of Taemin. “Maybe, but have you ever thought of just not talking to me except for the concerts?”Taemin shot back. “I think an argument is about to break out, and I’m not sure if I should stop it,” Onew muttered to himself “don’t bother, if they argue so be it, only stop them if it gets physical,” Jonghyun said “why wait until then? Why not stop it now?” Key asked as he helped Jonghyun stretch “because the only way they talk to each other is when they’re arguing,” Jonghyun replied getting up to practice some simple dance moves. “I suppose you’re right,” Onew said sitting down next to the CD/radio as he watches the argument quietly unfold while watching Key and Jonghyun practice at the same time. After a good thirty minutes and a few close calls the boys walk out of the dance room all in different state of minds when they bump into Manager hyung and Yunho who gives them a paper and a quick hi. “What is that hyung?” Key asks as they enter the locker room to wash up “Yunho lost his phone again so he gave me a note telling us when to meet him for dinner,” Onew replied covering the real reason the note was given “That boy is always losing his phone, he should strap it to his hand,” Manager hyung said “now who wants to explain both the arguing in the dance room and last night?” Manager hyung asks Minho and Taemin who said nothing for a good few minutes until Taemin decided to break the silence once Key and Jonghyun got dressed “I’ll tell you what happened,” Taemin started, “Tae, are you sure you want to talk about it now? You don’t have to,” Minho asked cautiously “it all began with Minho staring at me in a uncomfortable way, that made me feel like a burden and unwanted, I asked him why he kept staring at me, but he denied it so I asked him if he hated me that much, he then insulted me, so I wouldn’t cause an argument I ran to our room and then later, I guess he heard me crying because he tried to comfort me, but it’s hard to be comforted by someone that makes you feel unwanted,” Taemin paused as he gathered the strength to keep speaking and swallow his tears with a shuddering breath “I didn’t want to tell him the reason I was upset so I pushed him away and told him to leave me alone, then he tells me that I have an attitude which got me even more upset because nobody else seems to complain about my attitude except him and then he slaps me.” Taemin finishes “I wanted him to talk about the argument we had that started all of this when he decided to give me attitude and out of anger and frustration I slapped him, the same thing happened earlier in the dance room” Minho replied as he stared at Taemin. “Minho, do you hate Taemin?” Onew asked worriedly “no, I just can’t stand him acting like a spoiled five year old. Why don’t you all ask him what he told me when I slapped him?” Minho replied as everyone turned to Taemin, “I told him that he’s a jerk and I hate him,” Taemin responded nonchalantly as he walked out of the room. “Until he changes I don’t want to be near him when it’s not necessary,” Taemin said as he walked away “I told you he’s been acting like a brat,” Minho stated as he watched Taemin walk away from him, with a soft sigh and a quiet whimper Minho walked out of the locker room and headed towards his private changing room. “I think they’re both being brats,” Key said as he glanced worriedly at Jonghyun whom has kept quiet throughout the whole conversation “I was hoping we would get to the bottom of their arguing,” Manager hyung sighed “same here, have you all noticed how Minho keeps saying that he wants Taemin to talk about the argument that started it all?” Jonghyun asks softly “yeah, I wonder what he means whenever he says that, I also wonder where they went,” Onew said “Minho more than likely went to his private changing room, Taemin probably went to talk to Kai like he always does when he’s upset and doesn’t want to talk to us.” Key answered “let them know when Yunho wants to have dinner with everyone,” Onew said as he too went his own way.

-Taemin’s pov-

I sighed as I walked away from the locker room, “I’m tired of Minho trying to fix something that can’t be fixed, I just want to be left alone,” I tell myself quietly as I wonder around the building aimlessly. I sniffle quietly not realizing I was crying again I seem to be crying a lot these days. “Hey Minnie, why are you crying, did the frog do something to you again?” Kai asked as he sat me down on the hallway floor, “kind of, he keeps bringing up the past and I just don’t want to hear about it anymore.” I reply as I wipe away my tears. “You know Tae, I think it’s his way of apologizing to you. Maybe he’s in love with you or something,” Kai said with a bit of bitterness and I think a hint of jealousy that I’m just going to ignore since I am not in the mood for drama or confessions. “Why do you say that?” I asked looking him in the eye. “Because, he’s always bugging you and staring at you,” “so do murderers and sasaengs,” I retort “hmm… good point. Taemin, did you have feelings for Minho before your fall out?” Kai asked me nervously as I leaned my head onto his shoulder, “I did, but I’m not so sure about now. Why do you ask? ” I wonder anxiously “Oh, um… no reason, I’m just trying to figure out how to help you and what’s going on between you two, you know, like a best friend should" Kai said nervously I  quirk my bow, but let the conversation die as we sat in a awkward but somewhat comfortable silence.

-Minho’s pov-

As I stood in my changing room I looked around at the walls decorated with pictures of Taemin and I, together when another sigh leaves my lips. I try to keep myself from breaking down by stifling a sob as I think about how we used to be “I’m sorry Taemin, I wish I knew how to fix this, how to fix us. I miss the way you used to be, the way you used to smile at me.” I whimper as tears fall and my phone rings, I grip a particular picture tight as I bawl my eyes out in pain, anger, and frustration. “Taemin, I want to make things right, but I don’t know how!” I shout out as I hold the picture to my chest, I still haven’t answered the message, but it doesn’t matter as I calm down I tuck the photo into my wallet, wipe my eyes, and check my appearance in my mirror before walking out the door to look for the others. “Might as well fake it, it’s not like anybody ever notices,” I tell myself sadly.

-Onew’s pov-

As I wonder around trying to figure out what to do about 2min, I accidentally walk into my girlfriend Luna and Krystal her band-mate, “Hi oppa!” they say at the same time, I give Luna a kiss and Krystal a hug, “hey girls, do you two know who you’re new member is?” I ask as they shake their heads “not yet,” they reply together. “Ok, well let me know when you find out,  I need to look for the rest of my members, never know when we’re going to be needed,” I kiss Luna again as I walk away quickly, running into Jongkey and Manager hyung and soon after, we meet Taemin. “Has anybody seen Minho?” I ask as we look around “he wasn’t in his changing room” Key said “speaking of which, should we talk to him about all those pictures he has of Taemin?” Jonghyun asked making Taemin’s eyes go wide “what pictures?! He exclaimed anxiously “the ones we took when we were friends.” Minho said appearing around a corner with puffy red eyes. “I’m not getting rid of them, before any of you even so much as ask me such a stupid question.” Minho said firmly. “Freak,” Taemin mutters softly “Am I really a freak just because I cherish all the good moments we had and not the person you are now? They others may not notice, but I sure as hell did.” Minho replied brushing passed Taemin as the others walked towards the elevators “Are you in love with me Minho?” Taemin asked “it doesn’t matter, because if I am it’s not with the person you have become.”Minho replied gruffly as he looked away. “Let’s go down stairs and kill time in the cafeteria,” I said easing the tension a bit. “I wish the elevator would get here already, I can’t stand this tension,” Key said as the elevator arrived “Wait oppas, I want you all to meet a trainee that wants to be a part of Girls Generation!” Tiffany brightly shouted as she ran up to them with a girl shorter than Jonghyun, with brown hair and hazel eyes. “Everyone this is Heather. Heather say hi to the Oppas.” Tiffany said, gently pushing the new girl towards the five guys. “Hello my name is Heather, please take care of me.” Heather said shyly in bad Korean, bowing in respect to them. “She doesn't know much Korean since she's from the UK, but she's learning. Anyways, we were wondering if you could show her around for us, as we have to get ready for another concert.” Said Sunny as the other members joined Tiffany and their trainee. “Yeah, we'll show her around the building." I replied happily, watching as the new girl looked at the floor shyly. “Thanks guys, I owe you one!” Tiffany shouts out as she runs back to her group.