Chapter 14

Falling in Love While Changing You...

Your POV

My tears aren't stopping although I told myself to take deep breaths and what I'm crying about is not worth my tears. But I can't just help it.

"______-ah, stop crying. Your eyes are gonna be really red and puffy later. You wouldn't want your parents to be worried about you right?" Donghae said, trying to persuade her to stop crying.

I looked up with my tearful eyes, "I...I can't help it."

He patted my head. "Do you feel comfortable enough to tell me what happened earlier? It's fine if you don't want to, but sometimes, telling someone is the best way to make yourself feel better. -smile-" Donghae is a really nice guy. So I told him the whole story about how I got slapped and all that good stuff.

I saw Donghae curl up his fist with anger. "How can hyung let that girl slap you?! I'm gonna go talk to him." He was about to head back but I stopped him.

"No, it's fine. I don't want us to be awkward. We're partners for the English assignment afterall..." If Donghae went and confronted him about this, I'm not sure how I'll be able to continue to practice our duet together.

"Hey, since we already missed class, wanna go somewhere? :D"

"Where?"

"You'll see! Come on, let's go!" He pulled my arm and started walking toward his car.

"So you have a car too?" Wow, even I don't have a car yet.

"Yeah, I got it for my 18th birthday."

"You just turned 18?"

"Naw, I turned 18 like 4 months ago." So he's older than me!

"Oh! I turned 18 two months ago. So you're my oppa! :D"

":O really? Did you skip a grade or something?"

I nodded my head. "Yupp, I skipped 4th grade."

"Smarty pants. Since I now know that you're younger than me, you need to call me oppa from now on."

"Neh, Donghae oppa. :]" He successfully brightened up my mood.

-Amusement park-

"Wahh! It's the amusement park! I haven't been here in 2 years!" Woohoo, roller coasters! I'm so excited!

Donghae looked at me weirdly. "You haven't been here for 2 years?? Then what do you do in your free time??"

"I erm stay home, go on the computer, sleep, read, get dragged to mall by my sister and a lot of useless stuff x]"

"Wait, you have a sister?"

"Mhmm, she's a year older than me."

"Ohh, how come I don't see her around in school?"

"She attends Seoul Arts Academy instead. Donghae oppa! Less talk and more play!" I dragged him to a mini roller coaster. "Let's warm up with this!"

While we were on the ride, Donghae seems a bit uneasy. Maybe I'm just being weird.

"Let's go on the pirate ship!!" Donghae stared at me with big eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... Let's go."

There is something wrong. Donghae is afraid of heights!!

"Ahhhh!! SPARE ME!!!" Donghae screamed as the ship started to plunge downwards.

"OWW!!! DONGHAE OPPA!" His grip on my arm is soooo frikkin tight!!

I swear I'm probably more delighted when the ride ended. Donghae was in fright, but I was in PAIN! ><

Donghae wobbled his way to the nearest bench and sat down. He looked exhausted.

"Donghae oppa."

"Hm?" He sounded so weak XD

"Why did you bring me here when you're afraid of heights and rides in amusement parks has to do with dropping and stuff."

"Well...I thought this place would cheer you up, so I decided to bring you here..." Awwww, he's so sweet.

"AH! I have an idea! Muahahaha! TIME TO FACE YOUR FEARS!"

"BWOH? NOOOO!!!"

I started to drag Donghae on almost every single roller coaster.

"AHH! UMMA! HYUNG!!!! SAVE ME!!!!"

"You're just like a baby!! Scream something manlier!"

"-breathless- Umma!! Appa!!"

"T____T can you stop that." I never knew Donghae was this afraid.

After going on roller coasters continuously, I decided to give him a break because I don't want him to pass out or anything xD

"Donghae oppa, have a seat. I'll treat you cotton candy."

"Cotton candy?" His face immediately lit up.

"Mhmmm."

So we had our own cotton candy and it was gone before we know it.

"Thank you _____-ah, that was good cotton candy."

"You're welcome. Now Donghae oppa, one last ride before we go."

He looked frightened. "W-what?"

I pointed to my right. "THE FERRIS WHEEL!"

-On the ferris wheel-

Donghae was trembling while clenching his eyes shut.

"______-ah..." He whimpered. "I'm scared...."

"Aigoo x.x what do you do when you come to the amusement park?"

"I go on the merry-go-round and sit and eat cotton candy and popcorn. When I go on the ferris wheel, I sit with my hyung, and he'll hug me and tell me it's okay. He'll make funny faces to make me laugh so I won't feel so scared. I feel safe when I'm with him." He sounded like an innocent little boy, showing off how great his hyung is. Ugh, why would there be a hyung that's a bastard and a dongsaeng that's so innocent? T__T

I muttered. "Is your hyung really that great?"

"Huh? Hyung, he's a very nice person actually. Maybe it's because you don't know his past, that's why you have this bad impression of him."

"His past?" So he wasn't a player by nature?

"Mhmm, back then, hyung had a girlfriend, Hailey noona. She broke hyung's heart by cheating on him. Hyung really liked her...he was so hurt that ever since that day she broke up with him, he started to act how he's acting today."

So he had such a painful memory with his ex girlfriend...

"And _____-ah, don't tell hyung I told you this. But do you know why he's acting the way he is now?"

I shook my head. "It's because he wants to hide his true feelings."

Hide his true feelings....

After we got off the ferris wheel and left the amusement park, Donghae wondered if I wanted to eat dinner with him.

"Naw it's fine. Maybe next time. I'm tired today."

"Okay then, let me take you home!" So he drove me home.

"You live near us!! :D I never knew that!"

"Are you really that delighted? xP Anyways, thanks for skipping school with me today. I feel a lot better now."

"Welcome. Bye ______-ah!" He drove away after giving me a wave.

I walked into my house, laid on the sofa and started thinking to myself. Donghae won't possibly lie to me about this kind of stuff. Hiding his feelings eh? But isn't playing with others' heart more cruel than cheating on them? Then my phone rang.

"______"

"This is?" Her voice is familiar.

"It's me, Monique." Oh, one of the leaders of the "club"

"Oh, hello. Um, may I help you?"

"Well Shelly, Jessica and I have been observing your actions from afar and it seems like, you haven't taken much action yet."

That's right...I haven't.

"I'm sorry. Am I taking too long?"

"Not exactly, but sorta. We're expecting faster progress. So I have an idea after hearing the news of your incident today. If he tries to come and comfort you, you should pretend to be sad and try your best to have him pull you back when you try to leave. And you know how to continue after that don't you?"

"I guess so...."

"Good, nice talking to you ____-ah. Bye!"

After Monique hung up, I buried my face into the palm of my hands. I don't wanna do this anymore, I mean I didn't even wanna be part of the club in the first place...-sigh- Kim ______ Remember to start taking action tomorrow...-looks out the window-

-Eunhyuk's house-

Eunhyuk's POV

"HYUNG!!!" Donghae's voice can be heard throughout the whole house. "GUESS WHAT?"

I'm not in the mood. "What? You don't want me to tell mom that you skipped school?"

"No... I didn't just skip school! I SPENT THE DAY WITH _______ AT THE AMUSEMENT PARK!"

"YOU DID WHAT??!!!!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is a little weird, so I hope you guys don't mind ^^ Comments please :D Too many silent readers D: -sad-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------