Miracles in December

Miracles in December
Please log in to read the full chapter

Far away young love . . .

 

 

Christmas is coming soon and I'm still waiting for someone. I won't give up though it's been several years now. I will never give up. The boy that I loved, care and wanted to stay with had yet to return. I sighed, hoping to meet him one day.

 

"Sir, we've landed." I heard a voice.

"Sir?"  

I opened my eyes as I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I looked around and the whole seats were empty except mine. I finally look up to the stewardess who tapped my shoulder. 

"You finally woke up." She smiled. 

"We've landed. Welcome to Tokyo." 

"Oh.." That's my first word spoken in Japan. 

I didn't know the flight hour would be this fast. Indeed, Seoul and Tokyo are quite near. 

 

 

I picked up my luggage and off to go. I take a look around the beautiful Tokyo airport. I gasped. Everything is well decorated and staffs are wearing santa hat even though it's 3 weeks left to Christmas. 

I could feel the chill running through my body as I step out of the airport. I grip my hand on the luggage handle and put my other hand in the pocket. 

"Looking for taxi?" An old man approached me. 

"Yes? Oh.. yes." I turned and answered him. 

I'm lucky I could understand Japanese. But not so much, only basics. 

"This way, please." He guided me. 

I nodded and followed him to the car park. He open up the boot and I filled it in with my black luggage. I close the boot as he started up the engine. I take the back seat and settled down my stuffs. 

"You're alone?" He asked while putting on the seatbelt. 

I hesitate a little before answering 'yes' because it's odd for people to think that I'm travelling alone. 

"Yes. But I'm waiting for someone, actually." I gave excuses but waiting for someone is the truth. 

"I see~ It's all written in your eyes." He smiled and drove off. 

 

I put on the headphone and shuffle the playlist and the chosen song starts playing. I lay my body back as I look outside the window. Soon, my body slowly gets tired and my eyes are getting heavy. I didn't really get the chance to see the beautiful things happen outside the window and I was fast asleep. 

Things turned upside down and suddenly I could see something appear in my dream. 

 

Flashback

 

"Chanyeol?" I called out loud. 

"Chanyeol?" I almost screamed.

"Geez, don't yell. I'm here." Chanyeol approached me. 

I chuckled as I see a tall, adorable looking guy stood right up to me. 

"I just got back from detention." He ruffled my hair.

"Detention? What did you do?" I asked, looking worriedly. 

"My chewing gum get stuck on a teacher's trouser. It was right at the center of his ." 

I literally laughed out loud at what he just said. 

"It was by accident." He corrected me. But he made it seems like he was doing it on purpose. 

I chuckle at his clumsyness.

"Silly you."

----------

 

That made me smile a little. I had a good time with him back then. 

Then suddenly, another flashback popped out of nowhere. It was him and me again. 

 

----------

"You're moving out?" My heart sank a little upon what he just told me. 

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol looked outside the window. 

Tears started falling from my eyes and he didn't even take a look at me. 

"You can go now."

"No!" I screamed my lungs out. I destroyed everything around me including our recent taken photo.

"Baekhyun, stop." He pleaded.

"Why?" My legs gotten weak and I just couldn't think more. I cried, on the floor. 

Chanyeol sighed. He slowly walk towards me and bend himself, keeping our eyes both at the same level. 

"I'm.. sorry. It's my parents fault. They wanted me to study abroad." He placed his right palm on my chin. He gently wiped away my tears. 

He took out something from his pocket and gave it to me. 

It was my last gift from him. It's a necklace. A silver necklace written with our both names on it. 

"I promise to come back to you later in few years." That was his last sentence to me before our parents came in. 

----------

 

I was a little uncomfortable with it. My eyes twitched and I could hear an echo repeating a sentece again and again.

"I promise to come back to you later in few years." 

"I promise to come back to you later in few years." 

"I promise to come back to you later in few years."

 

End of flashback

 

I opened my eyes and found myself I was sleeping in the taxi. I had a cold sweat. I wipe off the sweat from my forehead and adjusted my seat. 

"You finally woke up." The old man looked to me from the rear-view mirror. 

I still couldn't find myself unexpectedly sleeping from my first day in Japan.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter