Chapter 2

My Last Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

22nd February 2012, Tuesday.

Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Gangnam-gu, Irwon-dong.

09:10 a.m.

Third person P.O.V

They arrived at Samsung Medical Center from the SM building in around twenty minutes. Luckily, the road was not as busy as it always been since most of the Seoul’s occupant were busy with their own works in the buildings, leaving the road almost empty during this period. However, on the way to hospital, Kyuhyun once again lost his consciousness in the leader’s arms. Seemed liked his body could not cope with the pain he was experiencing thus causing it to shut down on its own.

Siwon quickly jump out the car when the manager stepped on the brake pedal. The tall guy then went to the backseat to pick Kyuhyun up as the nurses rushed to them with a stretcher. He lifted Kyuhyun’s limp body and put him onto the stretcher carefully. The nurses quickly pushed their newly arrived patient inside the building towards the emergency room, followed by Leeteuk and Siwon who were gripping on both of Kyuhyun’s cold hands on each sides of the stretceher. As soon they arrived there, the nurses ushered them away so that they would not disturb their work. Both of the Super Junior members could do nothing about it so they just stepped back unwillingly. All they could do were wait and pray for the best outside.

Their manager, Youngjun appeared after he parked his car at the hospital parking area. Along with Leeteuk and Siwon, he sat down on the blue plastic chair provided for the visitors located across from the emergency room. No word was heard from them, just gloomy faces accompanied the wait. Siwon could be seen praying with his hands together and closed eyes. Leeteuk sat on his seat with his elbows on his thigh and head hung low, did not know what to do except staring at the white marble floor. Youngjun unconsciously bit his nail anxiously, feeling very worried about Kyuhyun who was under their care this whole time.

After some time, the automatic door of the emergency room slid opened and a doctor in white coat with a turquoise shirt underneath it stepped out from it. All of them quickly stood up when they saw the doctor walked over towards them while flipping through the pages of his report file with a stoic face. Stood in front of the three men, the doctor pricked a small smile and offered his hand for a handshake with Youngjun. His eyes looked tired, maybe from working too hard all night there.

“I guess you are their manager, right? My name is Doctor Jung, the doctor who is assign for Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you.” Doctor Jung said while shaking Youngjun’s hand. The manager responded with a slight head bow and introduced his name. The doctor nodded in acknowledgement and looked at the other two men after that. Seemed like he recognized them as the famous idols.

“And you guys must be his hyungs right?” Both Leeteuk and Siwon nodded their heads and bow to the older male before taking his offered hand. They were feeling a little bit happy that the doctor addressed them as Kyuhyun’s hyungs instead of friends. Youngjun asked about Kyuhyun’s condition to the doctor with a clear worry frown on his face. The other two also did the same, repeating their manager’s question to the doctor. The small smile on Doctor Jung’s face vanished, replaced by a quite serious expression making three of them more worried.

“We can’t conclude anything yet since he is still unconscious. Can you guys tell me with more detail what happen?” the doctor asked them, eyeing them one by one. Leeteuk, the leader told Doctor Jung all about it. Starting from how Kyuhyun complained about the severe headache after regaining his consciousness and more detailed matters liked how the maknae had some trouble breathing.

“Okay then, I really appreciate your cooperation. Youngjun-sshi, please follow me to fill in some forms for Kyuhyun. I think we need to keep him here for a while for further inspection. He seems to be in quite bad condition right now. We will place him in a ward after this and yes, you guys can keep him company until he wake up later.” Doctor Jung gave his long explanation to them. Leeteuk and Siwon breathed out in relief after they had given the permission to be by Kyuhyun’s side.

The doctor walked away with Youngjun right when the emergency room door slid open again, revealing Kyuhyun who was lying helplessly on the bed wheeled out from there. His eyes were still closed and an oxygen mask was placed on his pale face, covering his mouth and nose. An IV drip already attached on his left hand along with a name band on his wrist. Leeteuk and Siwon quickly went to Kyuhyun’s side and worriedly observed the boy. They followed Kyuhyun and the nurses until they arrived at the ward and were left alone after that, just three of them in the room.

Siwon sat on the bed beside Kyuhyun and held his right hand in his. Caressing Kyuhyun’s soft locks, he lowered his face near Kyuhyun’s and kissed his forehead carefully to not disturb the oxygen mask. Siwon’s eyes became hot when he looked at Kyuhyun. His heart broke seeing their maknae, once again lying on the bed looking fragile than ever. Just liked five years ago during the first four days after the accident, when the boy was still in coma. The only difference was there was no tangled cables on the latter’s body and face.

On the other hand, Leeteuk sat on the chair at the left side of the bed, near the window. His eyes focused on the IV needle attached on Kyuhyun’s already littered with small scars hand in front of him. He looked at those pinkish scars the youngest got from his previous car accident nine months ago in April last year. His mind wondered about Kyuhyun. What was wrong with Kyuhyun? His hand reached out to play Kyuhyun fingers, rubbing the freezing flesh softly. He stared at Kyuhyun, recalling earlier event in his head.

“Hyung, what’s wrong with our maknae?” Siwon’s voice interrupted Leeteuk thought. The oldest looked up towards Siwon, noting the extreme anxiousness on that handsome face. Not a surprise since Siwon was really fond towards the youngest. Their relationship was really close, just liked a real sibling. All Super Junior members were like that with each other since they were already together in a group for almost seven years. Siwon suddenly changed his sight towards Kyuhyun, tensing a little when he heard the boy exhaled a bit too heavily. He squeezed Kyuhyun’s hand unconsciously. After waiting for a moment, both of them relaxed when there was no more heavy breathing from the boy.

Leeteuk sighed softly, looking sadly towards Kyuhyun’s partially-covered face. He answered Siwon’s questions half-heartedly. “I don’t know either Siwon-ah.” Leeteuk then stood up, lifted Kyuhyun’s left arm up and put it on the lying boy’s torso. He sat on the free space on the bed and picked the limp arm back, putting it on his lap. He brushed Kyuhyun’s fringe upward, clearing the youngest forehead. He did that so that they could see more of Kyuhyun’s face. They stayed silent, still waiting for Kyuhyun to wake up. Just the sound of Kyuhyun’s breathing under the misty oxygen mask was heard.

 

22nd February 2012, Tuesday.

S.M. Entertainment Co. Ltd., Seoul, Gangnam-gu, 521 Apgujung 2Dong.

09:55 a.m.

Third person P.O.V

The rest of Super Junior members sat down together on the floor of the dance studio. Their practice had been delayed with the fall of their maknae earlier. Their moods were totally down after the boy was taken to the hospital by their leader, Siwon and their manager hyung. Honestly, they also wanted to tag along with them but knowing that their action would only lead to ruckus, they abstained their selves from doing that. Even so, their hearts could not be in peace, too worried about their precious youngest well-being.

Junghoon, their manager looked at them one by one while standing near the door. He released his breath sadly seeing the boys in distress. He fished out his phone from his black ice jeans to call his friend Youngjun for the latest information regarding the one the boys kept worried about. He hold the phone near to his ear, waiting for the beeping sounds to turn into a man’s voice. On the fourth beep, the person on the other line picked up. Junghoon quickly greeted Youngjun.

“Yeoboseyo, Youngjun-ah! How is Kyuhyun?” the boys’ heads snapped up towards their manager hyung direction upon hearing the mention of Kyuhyun’s name. They eavesdropped the conversation silently. Their hopes all crushed down into pieces when their manager repeated the words ‘not yet’ which they assumed was spoken by Youngjun over the phone. Their shoulders slumped down, feeling defeated. Junghoon who witnessed them tried to make them feel better.

“Don’t worry boys. We all are going there once Kyuhyun wake up, okay? No need to worry too much. The doctor already tended him.”

The boys nodded their heads and got up when Junghoon asked them to clear up the dance studio since he did not think they would use it again today. They headed back to the dorms after that.

 

22nd February 2012, Tuesday.

Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Gangnam-gu, Irwon-dong.

11:50 a.m.

Third person P.O.V

Both of the men sat on the bed, leaving the chair for Youngjun who was currently calling the management to inform about Kyuhyun. They pref

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter