The Rumors

The Final Sousenkyou

Rumors are flying rampant regarding which of the graduates will be participating in the Sousenkyou. Some graduates already announced their interest in participating such as Sayaka Akimoto and Aki Takajo. Other people speculate that some of the original Kami-Eight will be participating.

Normally, people will be asking will Natsu rank first or will it be Aya this time? Now, I hear people not even bringing up that question. Instead I hear things such as: Aachan will take the crown again! Really? I think Yuko can snatch that number one position. I don’t think so! Paruru will be the winner for this one!

I’m so used to the attention and the fact that it seems that no attention has been given to me is nerve-wrecking. I do feel hopeless and I do feel devastated.

I stop to think about Minako. I think about that night when she told me about how devastated and hopeless she felt. How exactly did she feel? I feel hopeless and devastated now but at least I still have a chance to be ranked. I can only imagine that she is completely torn apart about how she’ll never be ranked ever.

Hard work will definitely be rewarded. I just want to say bull to that now. It really is luck after all. I was just too ignorant to see it.

----

“I’m sorry I’m late.” I say as I slowly walk into the dance studio.

“This is very important. Please make it on time next time.” The dance instructor glares at me. I was the most important member and I was 15 minutes late. To make it worse, the other members already started practicing without me. To top it all off, this is for the next single, the one with the Voting Tickets. As if I didn’t feel bad enough…

“Front and center.” The dance instructor says. I stand in position and I start dancing but about one minute into the routine, the instructor raises her hand.

Uh-oh…

“What are you doing?! Are you really the center?” the instructor’s voice is scary when she’s upset. It’s so unexpressive but it is that inexpressiveness that makes it scary. “You’re too slow, unenthusiastic and boring.”

“Sorry.”

“When you come to practice, I expect you to be ready.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“If you mess up again, I’m kicking you out.”

I look down on the floor. This is the very first time that I’ve gotten the dance instructor mad. I hear murmurs from the other members, members who would gladly take my spot with no hesitation.

I leave the room crying. When I left, the room was full of whispers and I immediately feel targeted. I can only imagine what the other girls are saying.

She thinks she’s so great but she can’t even dance properly.

 I dance and sing 10 times better than her and yet I’m in the back row?!

I really was lucky. I know that the people behind me can dance better than me and sing better than me. When I became center, I thought it was because I was the best. It’s all luck. My skill had nothing to do with it.

I sit down on a bench and start sobbing. I’ll never get ranked this year. The people who voted for me last year and the years before will vote for Aya or one of the winners before me. Why vote for someone who doesn’t have any skill right?

“Are you Natsumi Ishikawa?” I hear a very familiar voice. I look up and see a lady approach me. I wipe my tears. Are my eyes playing tricks?

“Don’t cry. The center has to be happy for the fans.” She says as she hands me a handkerchief. I look up to see her face and I am shocked at who it is.

Aachan…

 

If you enjoy the story so far, please subscribe!