Chapter 25

Bus Crush

'Aye. Friends share things. Come on, spill!' 

 

Hyoyeon kept nudging Hyomin when the pair were alone in the dance room.

 

'I....Why don't you ask Sunny?' 

 

Hyomin tried to avoid explaining the situation herself. Partly embarassed but at the same time, glad that things were looking up for her and Sunny. At least now, Sunny was no longer avoiding her.

 

'I think Yuri and Taeyeon are busy doing that. Anyway, it takes two hands to clap and your side of the story might be more interesting.'

 

Hyomin hesitated before finally spilling.

 

'I did an event and declared my feelings for her in public.'

 

'You're kidding right?'

 

Hyoyeon asked and watched as Hyomin shook her head

 

'What event did you do?'

 

'A little bit of a flashmob..........I held a bunch of huge placards.....'

 

'Cheesy much. Glad it worked though I'm a little upset that I'm not involved in the flashmob'

 

'Sorry. I should go now. Sunny's leaving tomorrow. I was thinking of asking her out for dinner'

 

Hyomin apologized. She didn't ask Hyoyeon for help only because Hyoyeon is Sunny's friend. She didn't want Sunny to think that Hyoyeon was taking her side and make things even more complicated. Hyomin called for a favor from her college friends who readily agreed to help her out. In fact, she wasn't even sure if she could get Sunny to the venue. Just as Hyoyeon had mentioned, on the other side of the school building, Sunny was busy answering all the questions that Yuri and Taeyeon were asking her.

 

'You've always been a er for such gestures.'

 

Taeyeon commented as soon as she heard it.

 

'No, I'm not.'

 

Sunny tried to defend herself.

 

'So, are you guys official or?'

 

'It's not like that. We're just back to being friends. I don't know.'

 

Sunny told the pair.

 

'Anyway, what are your plans for the holidays?' 

 

Sunny tried to change the subject.

 

'I'm stuck helping my dad out. He did mention that we might be going on a few business trips.'

 

Yuri answered

 

'I'll probably stay here. Not too sure yet. What about you? Are you going to visit your mum like you always do?'

 

Taeyeon asked Sunny

 

'Uhhuh. Same old boring stuff.'

 

'When are you leaving?'

 

Yuri asked Sunny

 

'Tomorrow afternoon.'

 

'That's fast. Shall we have dinner tonight then?'

 

Taeyeon suggested

 

'E...Sorry guys, I have dinner with my dad tonight.'

 

Yuri apologized

 

'Oh.'

 

'It's alright. Taeyeon, I'll have dinner with you but a quick one alright? I still need to pack.'

 

'Oh, are you sure?'

 

'Yes, I'm sure. Can we meet at 7?'

 

'Sounds great!'

 

Taeyeon and Yuri left the table when Hyomin arrived. The pair smiled at the girl and said their goodbyes.

 

'Were they asking about us?'

 

Hyomin asked Sunny.

 

'Uhhuh. Did Hyoyeon ask you the same thing?'

 

Hyomin nodded as a reply. Her gaze were still at her own shoes until she heard Sunny giggling.

 

'What's so funny?'

 

'Nothing. It's just, I was going to forgive you either way. You just needed to give me some time. What you did yesterday was a nice gesture but no more events from now on, alright?'

 

Sunny told the girl as she took a step closer to Hyomin

 

'I.....I just didn't know what else to do. Thank you. For giving me another chance'

 

Hyomin finally looked up to face Sunny.

 

'Thank you for not giving up.'

 

Sunny gave her a smile.

 

'So, what is it that you want to talk about?'

 

'I was going to ask you out for dinner. You know, since you're leaving tomorrow.'

 

'Oh. About that...I kinda made plans with Taeyeon already.'

 

Hyomin was about to reply when the pair was interrupted by a loud voice.

 

'Taeyeon said that she has plans with Tiffany! Right Taeyeon?'

 

Hyomin and Sunny turned to find three heads popping out from a pillar nearby. 

 

'Ah. Yeah. Sorry, Soonkyu. Erm, got to go. I'll see you when you get back. There's Skype!'

 

Taeyeon moved away from the pillar knowing that it was probably best to get away from the scene as fast as possible.

 

'See you Sunny!' 

 

The other two bid their goodbyes before running off to catch up with Taeyeon, leaving the two love birds alone.