01. Chapter 1

Codename: Unknown

Yoora lifts her head when she hears her cell's door opening, and she was visibly surprised when her emerald eyes meet a familiar pair of brown. Quickly, she regains her self-control and she turns away, refusing to look at the man any longer. Her condition is pathetic enough as it is, and she doesn't need pity from the man who has become her enemy.

Meanwhile, Minho has just recovered from his shock, and he can't hold back his anger when he looks at the chained redhead, taking in her beaten body and tattered clothes.

"What the is this?!" he snapped. "Who told you two to treated her like this?!"

The two guards only looks at each other, and Minho gritted his teeth in annoyance. The next instance, a shot rang out, continued with a painful scream from one of the guards when a bullet went through his thighs.

"Now would you answer my question, Oh Sehun, or do you want to end up like Jongin?" Minho threatens as he aims his silver Beretta, and this time Sehun does not hesitate to answer.

"We, we were just following G-Dragon's order, Master Elias!"

Yoora can't help but to scoff at that, because she remembers that G-Dragon's order clearly, and it does not include using her as a human punching bag or molesting her.

"Shut the up!" Sehun barks, and he regrets his decision shortly after when a bullet from Minho’ Beretta rest on his waist.

"Unchained her," Minho orders coldly to Jongin. "Now!" he snaps, when Jongin just stares at his bloodied partner.

Dragging his wounded legs, Jongin scrambled to his feet and approaches Yoora. After undoing the chain around her hands, he yanks her to her feet and Yoora hisses in pain when Jongin grabs her dislocated shoulder.

"Move, you ," Jongin hisses while tightening his grip, and Yoora does not even think before she moves. In a trained motion, she jerks Jongin's hands off of her and tackles him before hurtling him down to the floor as he lost his balance.

Jongin's wails fulfill the room when Yoora steps on his wounded thighs. "Don't touch me, scum," she snarls, and her emerald eyes glint in sadist amusement as she breaks the arms of the man who have molested her the last few days.

"And here I think there's only one sadist out of the six of you."

Following her instinct, Yoora spins around and ready to lands her punch. Yet Minho deflects her fist easily, and Yoora can only gulps when the tip of his gun comes in contact with her forehead.

"Ready to leave now, darling?" Minho asks nonchalantly, and Yoora squints her eyes when she sees the calm expression on his face.

Straightening herself up, she confidently takes a step closer. "Show me the way, Master Elias."

Minho shrugs his shoulder and walks away, only to stop at the door. "Ladies first," he says as he bows mockingly. Disgust marred her features as she walks out and leaves him just like that.

She does not miss the upwards turn of the corner of his lips, however, and unconsciously, she does the same thing.

"So you know the way. What a lovely surprise."

Minho’ casual remark wipes the smile off of Yoora's face and she donned her usual bored face as she glances at the man besides her.

"I have good memories," she retorts. Glancing at the empty corridor behind them, she adds, "Where's your men?"

"Back there, hoping someone will find them before they bleed to death," he lightly says. Not missing her disdained expression, he raises an eyebrow, "Something's bothering you, Ruby?"

"No," Yoora flatly says, focusing her gaze on the road in front of her and not the handsome man that studies her curiously. "What you're doing with your men is none of my business."

"Correct answer. And trained. Apparently they did train you to be an obedient dog."

Ignoring his comment, Yoora keeps her silence and they keep walking until they reach a door. One look at the two casually dressed guards, and Yoora knows instantly that these two are on a very different level compared to the two clowns who were assigned to her.

"Master Elias," one of them says in respect while the other opens the door for the pair. Minho only nods and he let Yoora walks in before himself.

Yoora slits her eyes as she looks at the luxurious interiors of the room, and her brain automatically calculates the size of the room and possibility of fleeing when Minho interrupts her thoughts yet again.

"Don't bother, Ruby. This room is on the seventh floor, and the door is guarded. Besides, the windows can only be opened by my verbal command."

"Whatever," Yoora scoffs as she sit on one of the couches. "Yours?" she asks again, gesturing to the whole room and Minho nods as he opens one of the doors on the right side.

"I thought you'd fancy a bath and a chance to fix yourself."

"How very thoughtful of you."

"Common courtesy."

Yoora turns her head, for the first time looking at Minho straight on the eyes, and the tension in the room suddenly become palpable until a knock in the door draws their attention.

"Take a bath, you'll find some spare clothes on the walking closet," Minho orders while walking to the front door. Yoora relents, mainly because it has been two weeks since she last took a bath and she does need to take a look on her physical condition. Still, she does not miss the chance to look at Minho’ guest and her eyes caught the sight of the lean and young looking man at Minho’ door. Feeling watched, the man turns his head and his warm brown eyes meet Yoora's emerald ones. Smiling politely, he nods at her and Yoora have to blink a few times before she can controls herself and smiles back. Feeling the heat that crept up her face, Yoora hurriedly continues her way to the bathroom. Faintly, she can still hear Minho’ annoyed complaint to the man called Colin.

 

***

 

Yoora steps out of the bathroom about one hour later, clad in a short jeans, red tank top and white off-shoulder tee that she found on Minho's walking closet. Paying no heed to the pang of annoyance that she felt upon finding women clothes on Minho's closet, she completes her looks with a pair of red ankle boots and she tied her hair messily. She was welcomed with the sight of Minho lounging on the couch while watching television.

"Finally!" he exclaims. "Why women tend to spend so long on the bathroom is beyond me."

"Well you would spend just as much time on the bathroom if you have to check on your wounds and take care of them, Minho-sso," Yoora wryly retorts, and she's quite surprised to see the apparent guilt on his orbs.

"That's true," he murmurs as he walks closer, and the evident worry on those brown orbs unsettles Yoora. "Are you alright?" he asks, touching her bandaged wrist.

Yoora shrugs her shoulder and curtly replies, "I've had worse."

"Still...I have to apologize," Minho says, staring at Yoora's emerald orbs. "I should have checked on you and make sure that they treated you nicely, instead of leaving you on their hands just like that..."

"There's no need to apologize," Yoora cut him off. "It's only normal that you have more pressing matters to settle rather than checking up on an unimportant hostage like me."

"Ruby..."

"Stop it, Master Elias," she sharply says, pulling her hand free. "I don't need your apology."

Wordlessly, Minho nods and Yoora takes a deep breath before asking, "Mind telling me why you dragged me out of that darned cell?"

"It'll be easier to just show you. Come," Minho says, and Yoora follows her until they reach the other side of the building.

"It's Kyuhyun ge's pavilion," Minho explains, and Yoora barely nods as she walks in, silently boring every details of the room into her mind.

Her steps faltered as her eyes fall on a sitting girl. She gazes at the equally surprised blond girl, taking in every detail. The girl's wavy blond hair has been cut into shoulder length, and her face looks thinner and tired, with a bandage on her left wrist and right legs. But Yoora is one hundred percent sure about the girl's identity.

 

***

 

JaeIn jerks her head towards the door, and she have to blinks a few times to get used to the sudden brightness. Her nervousness is palpable when she sees an unfamiliar man walks in. With taller height than most, half-tanned skin, short black hair that falls over his eyes, and a pair of cold dark-brown eyes, the man is definitely good looking. More so because he's wearing a fitting white shirt that only emphasis his toned body, along with black blazer and a pair of black slacks that framed his long legs nicely. But one look at the scared expressions on her guards' face, and JaeIn knows that she's not the only one that feels the man's intimidating aura.

"Ma, Max-dono," Sandeul, the first guard, weakly says. "What are you doing here?"

"Marcus sent me to picks her up," Changmin says in with a deep voice and flat tone that sent chills down JaeIn's spine. "So will you unbind her, or should I do it myself?"

Sandeul sent uncertain glance to Jinyoung, his partner, and Jinyoung clears his throat before saying, "I'm sorry, Max-dono. But G-Dragon-nim has made it clear that no one is allowed to take her out without his direct order."

Jinyoung does not even have the chance to take a breath to finish his sentence, because right then Changmin pulls out a black Sig Sauer out of his blazer's pocket and shot Jinyoung in the head, without even sparing the poor man a glance. There's no change of expressions in his face, and JaeIn feels her heart tighten in fear.

"Unbind her now," Changmin repeats in the same even tone as he slowly turns his head and looks at Sandeul dead in the eye. "Or do I have to take the key from you and unbind her myself?"

Sandeul needs no further encouragement, and he scurried away to unbind JaeIn and pushes the blond girl towards Changmin. Trying her best not to show her fear, she walks closer to him and Changmin step out of the way, gesturing for her to walk out before him. She barely takes two steps when another gunshot rung out and she turns on her feet. Her eyes bulge when she stares at Sandeul's fallen form, blood oozing out of the wound in his chest.

Meanwhile, Changmin calmly pockets his Sig Sauer again and locks the door. "Let's go," he beckons, and JaeIn have no choice but to follow him.

Walking side by side, JaeIn steals some glances at Changmin's face and she gulps down when she realizes that he keeps his stone-cold expressions. Her knowledge and experiences as a profiler tells her that the killing does not bother him even in the slightest sense, and judging by the lack of excited gleam in his eyes when he kills, Changmin did not kill for fun. He kills solely because he can.

 

"It's not people like me that you should be afraid of, Jayn," Hyunri laughed when JaeIn remarked on her tendency to kill anytime she wants to. "We, the 'sadistic psycopath' as you have so kindly put it, kill because we like it. And we developed our own patterns. But the people who kill just because they can, without taking any pleasure out of it, are the most dangerous kind. You'll never know when they will strike."

 

Her teammates' warning echoes in JaeIn's head, and the blond girl feels fear pools on her guts as she keeps walking alongside Changmin.

 

***

 

JaeIn takes another deep breathe, trying her best to calm herself down so she can think clearly. Slowly, she opens her eyes and looks around the room, trying to etch the details of the study that she's in right now. But her eyes fall on a pair of cold dark-brown that has been watching her with cold interest, and she feels the somehow familiar dread yet again.

A smile made it's way to Changmin's cold handsome face. "Relax. If I wanted to hurt you, I would have done so by now," he says.

Frankly, it does nothing to ease JaeIn's fear. But at the very least, she have to admit that he's right. Changmin had more than enough chances to kill her during the last two hours, but has left her unscathed. He even gave her the chance to take a bath and fixed herself up.

Gathering her courages, JaeIn timidly asks, "Why did you actually bring me here, Max-dono?"

"Just Max is enough, you're not one of those lowlife," he corrects her. "I brought you here because somebody wants to talk you."

Right then, the door swung open and a tall man walks in alongside a familiar redhead girl. JaeIn's eyes bulges at the sight of her, and the redhead gave the same reaction.

After what feels like hours, the red haired girl open and doubtfully calls, "Amber?"

 “Ruby?” reply JaeIn in soft voice, and it takes her a few more seconds before she finally jumps to her feet and run towards Yoora, her teammate from Moonstone. "Oh my god Ruby, you're okay! I was so scared, I thought you're all..."

She can't manage to finish her sentence, and her voice melt into sobs, encouraging Yoora to hugs her tightly and pats her back to calm the blond girl down. JaeIn knows that she might be tad too emotional right now, but the lack of cynical comment from Yoora convinces her that her friend is just as relieved as her. Furthermore, JaeIn can see the bandages on Yoora's body and immediately knows that her condition must have been worse. Considering how Yoora can be stubborn and prideful at times, JaeIn is more than sure that the redhead must have fought back when she was treated badly.

"What happened to you?" Yoora softly asks after the blond calm down, tracing the scar in JaeIn's face with her fingers. "Did they treat you badly?" she scowls.

JaeIn quickly shakes her head, "No, not really. What about you? You seem...pretty beaten."

"I've been worse," Yoora automatically reply because she can't bear to worry her softhearted friends even more. Although to tell you the truth, she is pretty beaten. One of her ribs is broken and she sprained both her right shoulder and her left ankle. Not to mention the bruises on her body aches with every move she makes.

JaeIn manages a wry smile, seeing through Yoora's lies right away. But she keeps to herself because for the time being, she's just glad to see her friends alive and well.

A cough reminds them that they are not alone in the room, and JaeIn fight back a smile as Yoora reflexively put herself in front of her, obscuring her from both Minho and Changmin.

"I don't mean to disturb, but why don't you two take a seat?" Minho offers politely. "Considering your current conditions, I think it's best if you both res."

"Our current conditions?" Yoora dangerously asks, and JaeIn thought the redhead would lost it and attack the two men. "And what, pray tell me, is the cause of our current conditions?"

"Are you implying that it was our doing, Ruby?" Changmin asks in his taciturn tone, and JaeIn immediately feels the familiar dread as Yoora takes the chance to starts a heated debate with him. JaeIn's mind plays the scene from merely two hours ago, and she shivers when she rememberes the two dead body.

"Stop it, Ruby," she says, tugging at Yoora’s hand. Luckily, she gets the message upon JaeIn's usage of her code name, and stays silent while JaeIn continues on. "Max is right, they didn't give the order. It was all G-Dragon's order, and it was Max who brought me out of my cell and took action against the guard who treated me badly."

"Oh really? But who in the world is this G-Dragon, if not one of them?" accused Yoora. "That G-Dragon clearly has enough authority to give orders!"

"G-Dragon is not one of us," answers an amicable voice, causing both Yoora and JaeIn to avert their attention to the source. "But he's a leader of another group that's currently working us, so that give him enough authority." Smiling, Jonghyun adds, "Ah how very rude of me. I'm Colin, and it's very nice to finally meet you, the infamous Ruby and Amber."

JaeIn obeys when Yoora takes a step back, wordlessly positioning the two of them in the center of the room with Jonghyun on their left and Minho and Changmin on their right. "Who are you guys?" Yoora warily asks. "What do you want from us?"

"Everything will be explained in time, Ruby," Jonghyun lightly answers while taking his position in a chair on the left side of the room. "That's why it would be best if you two just take a seat first while we wait for Marcus daige."

JaeIn can feel her blood run cold on the mention of that name. Marcus— isn’t that the man that I’m supposed to kill two weeks ago? What does he want with us? A certain someone pops up on her head and cold sweat trickles on her forehead. What about her then? Did they found her out? What did they do with her?

"What if I don't want to?" Yoora challenges, and Minho sighs.

"Just sit down, Ruby. You know full well that you sprained your left ankle, and you're pushing yourself right now."

"Thank you for your concern, but I think I am more than capable to handle this kind of pain, Master Elias," Yoora curtly replies, eliciting an amused smile from Jonghyun while Minho can only shakes his head in resignation. But JaeIn does not miss the annoyed glint on Changmin’s eyes and before she can open , Changmin beat her to it.

"I know it’s not your habit, but use your brain for once, Ruby. The two of you are at a clear disadvantage, we outnumbered you and you're not in your prime. Until when will you keep this act of defiance?" uncrossing his legs, Max leans forward and eerily adds, "My patience is wearing thin, and I won't hesitate to take action if you keep two this up."

"He means it, you know," Jonghyun nonchalantly chimes in. "Max would gladly beat you both to pulps, so you better sit down right now."

Instead of submitting, Yoora keeps her stance and sarcastically says, "How very gallant of you. Chivalry is dead, I suppose."

Changmin snorts at her comment. "Fancy hearing that from a girl who can take an army down all by herself," he dryly replies, and Yoora is unsure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. Rolling his eyes, Changmin once again orders the two to sit down.

JaeIn really feels like smacking her friend in the head to make her see that their situation is indeed unfavorable when the redhead chooses to crosses her arms and stares defiantly at the men in the room.

Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Changmin reaches into his pocket and JaeIn starts hyperventilating when he coldly asks, "Do you think he would mind if I knock some senses into her head?"

"Daige? Nah, he won't mind." Chuckling, Jonghyun adds, "Her though...that I could not say."

Minho bursts into laughter upon hearing that, and even Changmin can't help but to let out a low chuckle. Their laidback action causes Yoora to slits her eyes in annoyance, and JaeIn instantly knows that Yoora's anger is rising again because she feels like they're not taking her seriously.

"Cut it, Ruby," JaeIn hurriedly whispers before the situation got out of hand. "Maybe it's better if we just take a seat, considering both of our conditions."

"No," Yoora petulantly refuses. "I will not sit down before I get the answers. Who are they? Where are we? What do they want from us?"

"What do we want?" Changmin arches his eyebrow. "For the two of you take a seat, as starter."

"Not before you answer my ing question," she grits her teeth. "Who the are you and what in devil's name is this place?!"

"This is the headquarter of Demons Run, and you're talking to the leaders," a new voice, one that’s Yoora has unfortunately heard before, answers from behind, surprising both Yoora and JaeIn. "Now would you two please sit down?"

The two girls turn around and come face to face with Kyuhyun who stands behind his desk in his usual bored demeanor. Yet the moment he sees Yoora and JaeIn's condition, his face hardened and he angrily asks, "What the happened to the two of you?!"

 

 


 

A/N: Since KyuLine members came from different group, and I don't think KyuLine is a decent name for an actual organization - a criminal organization while we're at that - I decided to give them a new name. And it's Demons Run. If any of you recognize the reference, yes, I'm referring to the criminal organization in Doctor Who who kidnapped Amy and Melody Pond. I love Doctor Who, and besides I think the name is quite fitting since, well, it's the KyuLine. And they would actually make pretty damn good demons, no?

And as I said before in the foreword, the name usage has started to vary in this chapter. They still call each other by using their codename, because the Demons Run's member doesn't trust Yoora and JaeIn to use their real name in front of them, and vice versa. This may change as time passed, but for now that's the situation. Also, if you're a bit confused, will refer to Kyuhyun as "gege / ge / daige" (Chinese form of older brother / hyung) because he's of Chinese origin. The same reason as to why Changmin is referred to as "Dono" (Japanese way of calling someone respectfully) or why he and Jonghyun maybe referred to with "Ani / Onii-san / Nii-san" (Japanese form of older brother / hyung) because of their Japanese origin in the future.

Anyways, that's for the author note. Enjoy :)