Chapter 1

Princess

here it is! i tried i tried i really did try eiowafudsilafsa school's starting again oh gross

Everyone knew Lee Sungyeol, yet at the same time nobody did. He was the kid in the corner of the classroom that was 99% guaranteed to be smarter than everybody else yet could never pay attention to anybody. It was painfully obvious that socializing wasn’t a strongpoint of his, and nobody really enforced this onto him.

                ‘Scared’ wasn’t the right term to use when talking about other people’s feelings toward him. They just knew to keep their distance because after all, his father was a big-time lawyer and if anybody touched his son wrongly in the mental or physical sense and that particular son tattle-taled, then their families would be down in the drains in a matter of seconds.

                “CLASS!” the teacher had screamed one morning halfway through the year. “So it’s time for you senior projects and you all know that, without them, you’d fail high school.”

                There was a uniform groan through the classroom but Sungyeol sat up straight, knowing exactly what a project meant. It was freedom from the teacher for a while, something that he could direct on his own, something that couldn’t have terrible boundaries. This was good.

                “Now, now,” she grinned, “the other teachers and I, along with the principal, have come together for a…what is it…yes, compromise, on the behalf of the students. You can do it in groups –” cue the screaming class “ – of four, no more, no less.”

                “THANK YOU SAENG,” one student in the front screamed, running up to her feet and bowing down over dramatically. “YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND MERICIFUL.”

                The teacher only laughed, shaking her head as she pushed the student back to his seat. “So, any…oppositions of the sort? Questions?”

                At this point, Sungyeol was mortified and on the road to a mental breakdown. This was bad, this was not good, this was very, very bad.

                Weakly and timidly, he raised his hand for the mere question of Do we have to do it in groups? only to be shoved over by some stupid that probably weighed four of him.

                “What the hell was that for??” the kid cried, standing up and allowing Sungyeol to make the observation of no, no, the guy was actually probably a quarter of what he weighed.

                “You were the one that wanted us to race to see who’d get over here quicker,” the shover smirked. Sungyeol already immediately disliked him.

                “I’m sorry,” the skinny one apologized to Sungyeol, his eyes and disgusted frown still on the other guy. “Woohyun here thought it’d be ing brilliant to make me crash and fall.”

                “It’s hilarious, just admit it,” ‘Woohyun’ laughed. He turned to Sungyeol and stuck out an unwanted hand. “I’m Nam Woohyun, this one here’s Lee Sungjong. You’re gonna be our partner, ‘kay?”

                Sungyeol gulped, pushing himself off the ground with his own hands. “Uh. Um. Uh, you see, no.”

                Sungjong turned to him with a grief stricken face and the cutest pout in the world. “What? But why? Please!”

                “I – I do-don’t l-ike…people,” Sungyeol answered, completely obliviously omitting ‘working with’.

                “It’s ok, bud,” Woohyun grinned, wrapping an arm around Sungyeol’s neck and pulling in tight. “You have to be in a group, and we’re the only three people left in the class. Besides, Jongie and me are super awesome people. You’ll love us in no time.”

                Although Sungyeol seriously doubted this, he timidly nodded and tried to ignore all thoughts of death by strangulation.

                He should’ve just completely stopped breathing by then because it was just then that something else completely took away his breath.

                “You’re half an hour late,” the teacher said to the student – no, no, cross that, the angel and perfection in human form that walked through the door.

                Sungyeol felt his heart either stop beating or quicken up by tenfold as the teenage boy blushed, clutching his side back with two nervous hands that were fumbling one upon the other. He let out a small, stuttering smile and apologized.

                “Ah, well,” the teacher sighed, feeling slightly apologetic for putting the student in such a position. She turned to the class, her hawk eyes targeting one group in the corner. “We’re doing group projects – you can go with the group of three over there. Introduce yourself and be polite. Good?”

                “Yes,” the student agreed. He quickly walked on the side of the tables and up the steps, reaching where Sungyeol, Woohyun, and Sungjong were at.

                “Hey man!” Woohyun greeted, letting go of Sungyeol to slap the student on the back. “You new?”

                Giving him an are you serious? look, the guy nodded. “I’m Kim Myungsoo.”

                “Nam Woohyun. That’s Lee Sungjong.”

                “I’m Lee Sungyeol!” Sungyeol jumped in immediately, right in between Myungsoo and Woohyun. “Where’re you from –“

                “What the hell happened with not liking people?” Sungjong gave him a hypocritical stare, elbowing Sungyeol’s side.

                “I have to love my princess, of course!” Sungyeol said in awe, smiling with sparkling eyes at Myungsoo.

                Looking around the room, Myungsoo pointed at himself. “Wait, me? I’m your princess?”

 

There was a thing with Lee Sungyeol, something nobody really seemed to know. He used to be a bit more open, perhaps a thousand times more confident than what he was currently, only something happened that kinda-sorta-terribly impacted that confidence of his.

                In primary school, practically every single boy in the class had a girlfriend. Sure, the person changed every other week but in a sense they all had a ‘princess’. Or that was what they called it – and Sungyeol was sure that that was all the teacher’s fault. She’d shown them a movie about a brave prince that was able to conquer lands beyond miles and slay dragons and be a real hero, only when the boys all asked if they were princes, she replied to them that a prince had to have a princess.

                In hurried attempt to be a prince, all the boys rushed to find any girl willing to be a princess. Except Sungyeol, of course, who had turned out to be dramatically different. He didn’t find the exact appeal in girls whether or not they made him a ‘prince’.

                There was one other boy in the class, a little one with dimples on both side of his cheeks, fluffy hair, soft lips, and a radiant smile that seemed to brighten up a gloomy day, that also didn’t want to find a princess. In fact, he didn’t even want to be a prince at all. He just liked sitting in the corner and drawing pictures of pretty sceneries that one day wouldn’t just be drawings made by basic crayons.

                Sungyeol had walked up to this boy one day, his head held high and no feelings hurt yet. The boy was coloring the sky with a green crayon and Sungyeol could only admire his creative mind.

                “I’m Sungyeol.”

                The boy’s hand stopped moving and he slowly lifted his head up, bottom lip bitten and held by his top jaw. Sungyeol grinned and asked, “What’s your name?”

                The little boy only shook his head, looking down at his lap as he dropped the green crayon.

                “Oh,” Sungyeol sighed, “well…would you like to be my princess?”

                The boy’s head lifted again, his eyebrows raised and his eyes shimmering. “Me?”

                “You!” Sungyeol giggled, bringing his hands up to cup his own cheeks. “I think you’re really, really, really pretty and I want you to be my princess!”

                “OOOOH SUNGYEOLLIE LIKES BOYS!”

                Horrified, Sungyeol turned around to find another student, one that he didn’t particularly like, pointing at him and shouting to the rest of the students.

                “What?” Sungyeol pouted, not understanding the negative attention he was getting from his classmates and passing onto the other boy. “What’s wrong with liking boys?”

                “It’s wrong,” the little kid spat out. “My mommy said so!”

                Sungyeol wanted to retaliate and say that green skies were wrong too, but that didn’t stop his princess from coloring them that way. Only when he turned around, his princess was gone, and on the green sky in a dark, black crayon was YES.  

                Only the thing was, he never saw the little boy again.

                He was broken at a mere age of 6 only to never want to have another princess again, to never want to move on, because it was drilled in his head at such a young age that this was the person for him that he didn’t want to touch anyone else, he didn’t want to like anyone else, this was the person for him – whether or not this person ever came back.

 

And he did.

                His person. Right here. In the flesh, right in front of him, his princess.

                The same dimples, the same soft lips, the fluffy hair, that gorgeous, simply life-taking smile. It was all right there in front of him.

                “I don’t think you’re hearing me,” Myungsoo gulped, “but um…what were you saying? About the, uh, princess thing?”

                “You’re my princess,” Sungyeol breathed out. “You’re here!”

                Myungsoo didn’t seem to recall anything, but he just nodded and went with it after Woohyun and Sungjong gave him warning eyes.

                “We need him for the project,” Woohyun whispered into his ear. “He’s a genius and you’re not allowed to say a thing against him because his dad has the power to make all of ours go to jail.”

                “What –“

                “Just go with it,” Sungjong, on his other side, hissed.

                “Um. Okay. Well. Hi.” Myungsoo knew he looked awkward and that he sounded awkward but there wasn’t much he could do at this point. “I, uh, I guess I’m your princess?”

                Sungyeol let his lips form into an oversized grin, rushing everyone back to their seats as he looked at the direction paper. “So the project. We have to find something we’re passionate about and format it in a way that makes other people love it too.”

                “I like eating?” Myungsoo offered.

                “I make super good hearts,” Woohyun nodded, standing up. “Watch this, you’ll fall in love with me.” He formed a heart with his hands, throwing it in all directions. “Eh? Good, right? Watch this, I can do little ones too, they’re super cute.” With his fingers, he made smaller hearts and just waved them all over the place.

                “Um, no,” Sungjong said, grabbing his friend’s arm and forcing him to sit back down. “Your stupid is showing again, and everyone knows that your stupid can be contagious so sit down and shut the hell up.”

                Smiling, he turned back to Sungyeol. “I like fashion.”

                “Yeah, I don’t –“

                “I told you to shut the hell up, Woohyun,” Sungjong said between closed lips.

                Woohyun just looked hurt, turning to look back to the front. “I mean, I like fashion too, but not Sungjong’s kind.”

                “My kind is the right kind.”

                “No, not really. Have you seen your pants –“

                “FOR THE LAST TIME, they’re shorts and if you don’t have fabulous legs like mine, you can’t pull them off.”

                Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo, a bit scared.

                “Don’t look at me,” Myungsoo said with widened eyes, backing away from the other two. “My closet’s all black clothes, it makes it a lot easier to throw something matching together in the morning.”

                “Black?” Sungjong screeched from the other side of Woohyun. “Black’s so last season –“

                “You think everything’s last season!” Woohyun accused. “Except yellow but only ‘cause that’s your favorite color –“

                “Yellow is an amazing color, thank you very much!”

                “Do they ever get along?” Myungsoo asked, scratching the back of his neck and looking at Sungyeol.

                Looking up, Sungyeol shrugged. “I don’t really know, Princess. I just met them.”

                Blushing from his new title, Myungsoo remembered Woohyun’s threat and stayed shut. “So…you’re new, too?”

                “Oh! No, no. I’ve been going to this school all my high school life.”

                “Really?” Myungsoo asked. “And you didn’t know them? I’d like to think that everybody knows them from…how loud they are.”

                “I don’t really talk to anybody here,” Sungyeol meekly confessed, playing with his hands and wondering if that would make Myungsoo like him any less. “I don’t exactly have that many friends – okay, scratch that, I have about zero friends.”

                “Oh…” the other had a sympathetic look on his face before he clapped his hands and pointed at Sungyeol. “Well, I mean, I joined this new band at school yesterday. I’m sure if you did you could make a lot more friends.”

                Sungyeol didn’t want to mention the fact that the only reason he didn’t make any friends was because he didn’t talk to anybody. He was sure that now his princess was here, he could be open to many more people (as long as Myungsoo was there too, of course).

                “Not exactly a…people person,” Sungyeol shrugged. “Not that it matters to you, Princess, because I’ll always be here when you need me to!”

                Myungsoo only smiled, saying, “Well you know, there’s a meeting after school and they’re having auditions for a new member…do you think maybe you could try out?”

                “W-wait, what?” Woohyun stumbled over a chair rushing over to Myungsoo and Sungyeol. “Try outs? A band? What?”

                “Yeah, you know the band at school?” Myungsoo’s smile only grew wider knowing that there were more interests in this. “I’m in it, and we’re having auditions today after school.”

                “Jongie, we’re joining this.”

                “No, no we’re not,” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “I know you. You don’t commit to anything and then you leave me hanging behind cleaning up your trash for you. No, no you’re not joining.”

                “You don’t have to – well, yeah, you’re my ride home so you kinda hafta try out but please Sungjong!”

                As the two went back to their arguing, Myungsoo looked over at Sungyeol and gave him another half-grin. “How about it?”

                Knowing that Myungsoo was now directly asking him to join, Sungyeol blushed heavily and played with his hands beneath the desk. “Maybe…”

 

THERE IT IS EITHER EXPECT AN UPDATE DURING CHRISTMAS BREAK OR TOMORROW, I'M NOT REALLY TOO SURE.

ily guys kks ♥ thanks for all the support no matter what ;; y'alls are amazing

(pleasepleaseplease don't expect too much from me/this too! ♥ thanks guise ^^)