The Start

Which One?

Which One? 

Chapter 1
 
-Flashback-
"Mom, will you let me go?" A girl with long hair whined as she gave her mom a puppy face. 
 
"Sooyoung, No! I don't understand how you're mind works!!" Her mom said sternly. 
 
"But mom, I'm tired of martial arts, I wanna try dad's school~" 
 
Her mom looked at her daughter with disbelief. "Sooyoung, you're dad's school is a BOY's ONLY academy. How would get in?" 
 
"Pretend to be a boy..." 
 
"WHAT?!? NO!!" She let out a big sigh. 
"Sooyoung...Sweetie...do I need to take you to a therapist?"
 
"What? Mom, no...you don't...stop overreacting..." 
 
Her mom let out a big sigh for the fourth time during their whole conversation. "Sooyoung, do you think your dad will allow you to go to his school?"
 
Sooyoung smiled as she nodded confidently. "Of course~ He'll do whatever I want~" 
 
Her mom rolled her eyes and sighed for the last time. "Fine..but you do know, that you'll have to cut your hair...." She said trying for the last time to stop her daughter.
 
Sooyoung grinned and hugged her mom tightly. "I already thought about that mom~" 
 
Her mom sighed in defeat. "Fine...but..." 
 
"But what?" Sooyoung asked curiously.
 
"If you fail any of your classes at the arts academy, I swear I will drag you back here, okay?" 
 
"Mom, don't worry, I'm too awesome to fail~" She said confidently as she gave her mom another hug. Her mom finally let out a laugh as she heard her daughter's over-confident answer. 
 
-Flashback ends- 
 
A short haired girl stood in front of the academy dorm where she will be staying and where she'll see her dad. She has never been to where her dad worked. The whole family would get together at their summer resort, so she never got the chance to visit her dad's academy. She let out an excited smile and people who saw her began to swoon...boys and girls. 
 
She dragged her luggage and went inside. The short haired girl was instantly amazed at the interior designs. She was sure her dad didn't design anything so nice. Her dad had a hard time designing her room at their resorts, so she can't imagine him designing a whole dorm. She laughed to herself and proceeded to the front desk. She smiled a charming smile. 
 
"H-Hello, may I help you?" The pretty receptionist was a bit taken back by the pretty smile thrown her way. 
 
"Hi, my name is Sooyoung, I'm here to check in." Sooyoung let out another smile. 
 
The receptionist raised an eyebrow. "This is a boys ONLY dorm, Ms. Sooyoung..."  
 
Sooyoung scrunched her eyebrows together. "I know...wait a minute....do you I'm a...Oh no...I'm a guy..." She acted a bit more manlier as she pointed at herself with her thumb. 
 
"Um...It's obvious that you're a girl, Ms. Sooyoung...even if you dress as a guy, this dorm does not tolerate any girls that try to sneak in here..." The receptionist retorted matter-of-factly. 
 
"Ms...." Sooyoung looked at her nametag. "...Nana, I'm offended that you think I'm a girl, but if you want proof, I can show you I'm a dude..." She said smugly, her confidence over flowing. 
 
"Fine...where's your proof..." Nana said with a smirk. Sooyoung's face fell, she didn't think that the blind receptionist would actually ask for proof. 
 
"W-Well, I would but w-we're in public...I'd be arrested..." She said as she blushed. Nana's smirk grew.
 
"Please stop this nonsense. I know you're a-"
 
"Son! Where have you been?" A voice boomed through out the dorm's lobby.  Nana and Sooyoung turned to the direction of the elevators, where a middle-aged man was standing with a smile. 
 
Sooyoung looked back at Nana and grinned at the shocked receptionist, who was red from embarrassment. "Told ya~" Sooyoung said before she ran to give her dad a manly hug. 
 
"You still look as pretty as a girl, son." Her dad teased. She loved that her dad fully agreed and supported her, and his acting was amazing. 
 
She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I know..." She looked back at the receptionist who looked down, when Sooyoung turned to her. She turned back to her dad. "Hey dad, I'll meet you upstairs...I uh...have to do something real quick...Is that okay?" 
 
"Sure, I'll take your luggage to your room...It's on the 4th floor." 
 
"Cool, thanks dad." She smiled at her dad who dragging her luggage inside an elevator. 
 
Sooyoung turned to the still embarrassed receptionist and walked towards her. 
 
"So~ You still wanna see my proof?" She asked teasingly. 
 
"N-No..." Nana cleared . "Sorry..." She said as she looked back up at Sooyoung. 
 
Sooyoung grinned at the flustered girl and shrugged. "Its okay~" She sighed. "It happens a lot... I hope you don't do it again." She smiled and winked before she headed for the elevators. 
 
As Nana blushed all she could do was stare at the back of Sooyoung's head. All she could think of was she definitely crushing on the dean's son. 
 
Sooyoung smirked as the elevator doors closed. 'This is more fun than I thought it would be~' She happily thought as she reached the fourth floor. She went out and immediately saw an open door at the end of the hallway. 'That must be my room.' She walked to the end of the hallway like one of the hip-hop idols she's seen on TV. She entered her room and saw her dad staring at her. 
 
"Soo, What are you doing?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. 
 
"Walking like a guy~" She said with a grin. She closed the door. 
 
"Honey-"
 
"Dad, I'm a dude now!" Sooyoung scolded her dad.
 
"Right...Soo, not all guys walk like that...plus you look awkward...just walk how you normally do, if you keep doing that, you'll be discovered." He dad said with a small chuckle. 
 
Sooyoung laughed a little and nodded. "Got it~" She looked around her room. "Whoa~ Did you decorate this?" 
 
Her dad scoffed and shook his head. "Nope, I wish I could take credit, but you how your dad is~" Her dad grinned at her. Sooyoung giggled and gave a hug, a real hug.
 
"I missed you, dad." 
 
"I missed you too... How is your mom?" 
 
"The same she misses you too, and she told me to tell you that she loves you~" 
 
Her dad laughed and patted her head. "Well, I'll tell her I love her too, when I Skype her later." Sooyoung laughed at her dad's joke. She was happy that even when her parents were far away from each other, they were somehow still happily married. 
 
"Anyways, You, my son, will have your own room to yourself, and it's also bigger than the other boys." 
 
"Lucky me~" 
 
"Yes, lucky you....I'll leave you to rest, I love you, kiddo." Her dad gave her a fatherly loving smile. 
 
"Thanks dad, I love you too." Her dad left her to be alone. She jumped towards her bed her face landing on her pillows. 'So soft~' She rolled a few times and she finally stopped and got up. She decided to look around the building. As she got out of her room, a person with blonde hair across from her was locking their room. She got excited again. She cleared . 
 
"Yo!" She said an octave lower than her usual voice. 
 
"Oh!..." The person across from her held his chest and closed his eyes tightly. Sooyoung got a good look at the guy. He had blonde hair and he had a somewhat flawless face. He was a black cardigan over a plaid shirt. Sooyoung had to admit that he had a nice appearance. "What the heck?!? Are you trying to kill..." The guy finally opened his eyes and noticed that he couldn't recognize the person that scared him. "me...What are you doing here?" 
 
"Huh? What do you mean?" She tilted her head to the side. 
 
'she's kind of pretty...'He thought, but he shook his head from those thoughts. 
 
The blonde glared at her, and if she wasn't confused, she would probably be shaking in fear. "How'd you sneak in here? Are you one of those crazy fans of mine?!" 
 
"Uh...No...What are you talking about?!? Sneaking?...wait... Fan?...what?!? Can you explain?!?" She said as she scrunched her eyebrows together. 
 
The guy was confused. 'Is she pretending?' He thought.
 
 "A-Aren't one of my fangirls that try to sneak in, just to see me?" 
 
Sooyoung eyes widened and then she burst out laughing. "BAHAHAHA" 
 
The guy in front of her pouted and thought, 'What's her problem?' 
 
"Why are you laughing?" He narrowed his eyes at 
 
Sooyoung wiped the tears that came out, and when she finally stopped, she put a hand on the blonde's shoulder, who harshly shrugged it off. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and smirked. 
 
"First of all, I'm not a fan...I don't know you...Second, I didn't sneak in here, I was escorted by my dad...Lastly, I'm a dude." She said as she fixed her hair, that got messed up while she laughed.
 
"You're a...dude?" The blonde leaned in closer, which made Sooyoung back up. 
 
"Dude...too close...want proof?" She said holding the sides of his pants, trying her 'proof' strategy again.  
 
"No, No! I'm good...I believe you!" He said frantically. 
 
Sooyoung inwardly fist pumped. 'Boys are easy to fool.' 
 
"Sorry...I was trying to find your boyish features, but you barely have any...you're a really pretty guy..." He said while scratching the back of his neck. "But you have a sharp jawline...I guess that can count as a boyish feature..." 
 
Sooyoung chuckled and nodded. "Thanks...by the way...my name is Sooyoung...". She held out her hand to him. 
 
He finally let out a smile and shook Sooyoung's hand. Honestly, he was only cold to girls, especially his fangirls, but since he was convinced that the person in front of him was neither, he was immediately changing into a friendly guy. "Jess...Jessie Jung."
 
Sooyoung took back her hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you Jess!" 
 
Jess chuckled and nodded. "You too...So your dad took you here? Want me to take you around?" 
 
Sooyoung grinned at him, which caused the blonde to slightly blush, which the brunette was oblivious to. "Sure!"
 
"Dude...calm down...you're like too enthusiastic..." Jess said with a chuckle. 
 
"Sorry...I'm just really happy to be able to come to this school." Sooyoung said sheepishly. 
 
Jess smiled. "It's cool..so you wanna go to the recreation room? It's kind of empty, cause most of the guys are on vacation still." 
 
"Woa~ We have a recreation room?!? My dad didn't tell me..." Sooyoung said, getting excited again. 
 
Jess laughed. "You're like a little kid...too much excitement....bring it down a bit." 
 
"Sorry..." Sooyoung replied calming down again. 
 
"Plus, how would your dad know...he probably doesn't care about this academy..." Jess said as he shook his head as he lead Sooyoung to the recreation room.
 
"Believe it or not...my dad cares about this place as much as he cares about me and my mom..." Sooyoung said with a small chuckle.  They went into an elevator and went to the 6th floor.
 
They got of the elevator and they stood in front of two big doors. Sooyoung guessed that the recreation room took the whole 6th floor. 
 
"Why is that?" He asked as he entered the mentioned room. Sooyoung was about to follow him inside. 
 
"Because-" She was interuppted. 
 
"Jessie-hyung~" A red head hugged Jess by the waist and pouted. Sooyoung was still outside the room, so she still wasn't noticed. She inwardly giggled at the cute pouting guy that was hugging Jess. The red head had his head buried in Jess's cardigan. 
 
"Yuro's being harsh again~~" The red head whined. He was lifted his head. Jess just rolled his eyes. 
 
"What did he do?" Jess asked.
 
"He scar-" The red head finally noticed the smiling Sooyoung and was immediately charmed. "Whoa~ Who's the girl?" He asked in a interested tone as he detached himself from Jess, who only chuckled at the red head. 
 
"Sooyoung meet Stefan Hwang....Stefan, meet Sooyoung and by the way she's a he..." Jess introduced Sooyoung, who tightly smiled and gave a small wave. 
 
Stefan gave turned to Jess and have him a confused look. "What?"
 
"I'm a dude..." Sooyoung said in an irritated voice, she was tired of having to explain herself again. Jess laughed and went to the couch. 
 
"No way! You look too pretty~" Stefan said as leaned closer, which made Sooyoung push him back gently. 
 
"Waaay~ too close, man." She said as she walked past him and let herself into the recreation room. 
 
"Are you sure?" Stefan said. "Can you prove it?" He stubbornly asked. 
 
"I would, but I don't feel like lifting my shirt..." Sooyoung said distractedly as she looked around. Stefan followed. 
 
"Dude, a flat chest wouldn't prove anything...you could be a pretty girl with a super flat chest~" 
 
Sooyoung looked at him with disbelief. This guy seemed harder to convince. 
 
"Stef, stop whining..." A black haired guy came out of the bathroom. "Whoa~ Why is she here?" He stared at Sooyoung.
 
"Really?!?" Sooyoung asked as she finally exploded. "I'm a dude!!" 
 
The red head stopped with his questions as he looked at the irritated Sooyoung. He raised his hands in defeat. "Sorry..."
 
The black haired guy nodded as if understood, which kind of confused Sooyoung a bit, but she was still relieved that she didn't have to try to convince another person. 'This guy is too gullible...'
 
"You could be like the guy from the kpop boy group...um...Nu'est...what was his name again?" The black haired guy asked Jess, who only shrugged and changed the channel. "I think the name was Ren..." Stefan answered for Jess. 
 
"Anyways, you're kind of prettier than him though...and if you cut your a bit shorter, you'll definitely look a bit more boyish...but it definitely wont remove your girlish features..." He walked closer and used his hand to turn Sooyoung's face to the left and to the right, examining her face. Sooyoung pushed his hand away as she narrowed her eyes at him. 
 
"Okay, now that everything is explained...who are you?" Sooyoung asked the black haired guy. 
 
The black haired guy chuckled and offered his hand. "Yuro Kwon...Nice to meet you!" 
 
Sooyoung looked at his hand hesitantly and finally gave in and shook the offered hand. "Sooyoung...Choi Sooyoung..." She threw a small smile in his direction. Yuro was a bit dazed from the small smile but immediately left his mouth hang open as he realized something, along with the other two boys. 
 
"C-Choi?!?" Jess stood up and stared at Sooyoung incredulously. "Why didn't you tell me that earlier?!? Like the person who owns this school Choi?"
 
Sooyoung nodded and shrugged. "Hey where's your food here?" 
 
"Sooyoung! That's not important!" Stefan said. 
 
"Um, yeah it is...dude, food is life~" Sooyoung retorted. Yuro chuckled a little at the nonchalantness of their newfound friend.
 
'He's so weird...' Jess thought.
 
"Oh~ so that's why you said your dad cared a lot about this school..." Jess finally realized Sooyoung comment from earlier. 
 
"Mr. Choi never said he had a kid..." Yuro said. 
 
"Well, you must not have asked him..." She said with another shrug.
 
"You have a point...Do you mind if we tell people?" Stefan asked cautiously.
 
"It doesn't matter to me..." Sooyoung shook her head and yawned. "Mmm...I think I have jet lag, I'll see guys again..."She walked to the door. "I'm going to sleep."
 
The boys waved and said their byes and Sooyoung left the three stunned boys staring at each other. 
 
"He's weird...don't you think so hyung?" Stefan said to Jess.
 
Jess rolled her eyes. "Stop calling me hyung, we're the same age!...and to answer your question. Yeah...He is weird..." 
 
"And pretty..." Yuro added as he thought about Sooyoung's smile. 
 
Stefan threw a cushion at him. "Don't be gay, Yuro~!"
 
"Well, It's true~"
 
-Back to Sooyoung-
 
Finally reaching her rooms she jumped into her bed and stared at the ceiling. 
 
"I didn't think it'd be this hard..." She sighed and got up from the bed. She headed to the bathroom. She took off the appendage she wrapped around her chest and let that area breathe. She put on a shirt. 
 
She let out a sigh. 
"This is worth it..." She looked at herself in the mirror. "Right?"

 

Not what you expected...I know...Next chapter be more open minded...you never know what I'll write :3 (Though sometimes I'm predictable~) 
 
Sooyoung is the girl~ 
Jessica, Tiffany, and Yuri are boys~ 
 
I'll introduce the other characters later~
 
v(^.^)
Peace~!
 
Also, thanks to those who upvoted and subscribed!!! I love you guys!! <3 ^0^
 
Sooyoung's short hair:
 
Jessie's hair:
 
Yuro's hair:
 
Stefan's hair: