All I Want For Christmas Is You, Chan Yeol

All I Want For Christmas Is You

AlWanFoChristmaIYouChaYeol

 

" Soo Young ~ Soo Young ~ " At the moment, I was in boring math class and my teacher Mr.Kang was talking in front of the classroom while writing down weird and complicated formulas on the black board. Since he was the meanest, scariest and strictest teacher on campus, I had to whisper to get my best friend's attention. It wasn't easy because she was sitting 3 rows in front of me and she is deaf ! Great !

 

" Soo Young ~ Soo Young ~ " I raised my voice by an octave hoping that this time she'll hear me and hopefully the teacher wouldn't.

 

" Who the hell is talking in my class ? " Mr.Kang's icy cold voice echoed threw the dead silent classroom. Everyone stopped what they were doing and started to look around the class including me. I pretended to look anywhere just so I don't have to lock eyes with the teacher.

 

He shook his head and warned " If I hear any of you talking again while I'm teaching, you'll go straight to detention ! " Giving us one last glare, he turned back facing the board and whispered to himself " Bunch of ungrateful and annoying rich little brats ! ". I rolled my eyes as he continued what he was doing.

 

* Aigoo ~ I swear this teacher is the long lost twin of the old, crumpy and wrinkly Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge ! They are exactly a like ! *

 

I sighed as I saw Soo Young actually paying attention to the lesson.

 

" This is all because of you ! " I grimaced at her back and decided to take a little nap before the bell rings. This was an advantage of sitting in the very back row of the class. I rested my head on my desk and put my math book on stand covering my face from the teacher's.

 

~~~~

 

" Miss Nam Rina, WAKE UP THIS INSTANT !!!!! "

 

I heard the voice of a very loud and angry man screaming at me from the top of his lungs. Damn, my ears hurted ! My eyes instantly opened wide as I raised up from my desk and screamed " Ahhhhhh !!! "

 

Mr.Kang was standing right in front of my desk, arms crossed and stomping his foot repeatdely on the floor while giving me the death glare. I swear that I saw flames in his dark eyes. " Miss Nam, I am pleased to know that my class is boring you to sleep ! " Clearly, that was sarcastic.

 

* Great ! Just great ! I'm sooooooooooooo in big trouble now ! *

 

" Detention ! " Without mentioning anything else, he walked towards the front while all the students were probably making fun at me for getting detention. I saw a group of girls giggling and I sticked my tongue out at them. Soo Young and I exchanged looks as the bell finally rang. Everyone got up from their seats including me but old Mr.Kang stopped me " Sit back down miss Nam ! "

 

" Aish ~ This is gonna be a very very long and boring detention ! "

 

~~~~

 

" Okay ! Everyone gather up ! Gather up ! Gather up ! " The head elf of Santa's workshop known as Bernard was standing on top of a wooden footstool waiting for all the little elves to gather up in front of him. Once everyone gathered up, Bernard took out a list from his pocket.

 

" Alright everyone quiet down, quiet down ! As we all know it is the time of the year again ! Yes, Christmas ! Each year, especially during November and December we're all very busy. The morning of December 24th is our time limit to finish up all of our work. It isn't easy making toys, inspecting them, cleaning up our mistakes and messes, feeding the reindeers, training them and much more difficult work we do." Everyone agreed while nodding their heads.

 

" That's true ! "

 

" Very true ! "

 

" Indeed ! "

 

" Every year, I watch and supervise all of you. I see your potencial, your hard work, your team spirit and your good qualities. As a tradition, every year, we have 7 special selected elves choosen by none other than the big boss himself and of course me, his right hand man, helping him to choose these lucky elves to help Santa by traveling around the globe and inspecting the good and naughty lists."

 

He lifted up the golden list showing it to everyone. " Last night, Santa has finally decided on the 7 lucky elves ! "

 

Everyone's eyes widen feeling a mixture of different emotions such as shock, nervousness, admiration and anxiety. Some had their mouths hanging opened while others had blank faces. Others were bitting their fingernails and one elf fainted. It was a big deal, a very huge honor, being one of the lucky 7 elves selected by Santa, himself, on carrying this mission.

 

Bernard annonced the names of the selected elves on the list. One by one, as they heard their names they shouted and yelled in joy, some had teary eyes while one elf grinned playfully. They all joined the head elf in front. It was time for the very last name. The room became death silent as anxiety aroused.

 

" Now, the seventh and last elf on carrying this mission is ... "

 

Some elves covered their pointy ears while closing their eyes and others were sweating uncontrollably and bitting their nails or bottom lips. No one couldn't bare waiting for the choosen name anymore.

 

" PARK CHAN YEOL ! "

 

Gasps were heard in the room.

 

Everyone quickly turned their heads towards the awfully very tall elf named Park Chan Yeol. He was sitting down on a very small stool at the end of the room looking lost. The elves were just staring at him in silence and Bernard getting a little inpatient called his name again. " Park Chan Yeol ! Get over here ! "

 

His eyes widen in shock. He couldn't believe what was happening right now. He pointed to himself feeling disbelief. As he walked to the front joining the tiny elves, all he had in mind was that this wasn't a dream. Him, Park Chan Yeol, was choosen ! He was choosen by Santa to carry this mission ! OMG !

 

You see ... Chan Yeol isn't your normal average elf. All of Santa's elves are approximately 3 to 4 feet tall looking like little children with their small heights. They were tiny but Chan Yeol was a giant tree. He was 6 feet tall ! A normal human height. He is the tallest elf among them all. Ever since young, Chan Yeol always asked himself why was he tall and not short like the others. His parents were 3 feet like the rest even his sister but not him ? His wasn't bullied or anything since he was a very social, friendly, lovable and strong happy virus. He fitted in perfectly with the elves, they all loved him but the workplace wasn't meant for him. Everything was customised for tiny people. Countless of times because of his very tall height, he either banged his head, foot, or almost accidentdly squishing the tiny co-workers by not seeing them. Chan Yeol does find it bothersome at times but he's used to it. He's got no choice.

 

~~~~

 

" Congratulations honey ! " Mrs.Park hugged the knees of her giant son as he came back home from the workshop. Chan Yeol bended down to her level and hugged her back. " Gomawo umma ! " He grinned.

 

The Park family were having a special traditional Korean supper as they sat down around the red wooden table. Everyone was proud of Chan Yeol being chosen as the lucky 7 elves to carry on Santa's special mission. His noona, Yura, and his parents were chosen as well when they were younger so it was a great joy knowing the last member of the Park family was chosen.

 

" So Yeollie ~ Where are you heading for your mission ? Where did Santa assigned you to ? " His noona asked while bitting on her piece of chicken. " When I did my mission that was 3 years ago, I went to Germany." She smiled while remembering about the wonderful time she spent there.

 

" I was 16 when I did mine and I went to Mexico " His umma sighed dreamily. " Lovely beaches and the sun shining all day long "

 

" Ahhh ~ I remember mine like it was yesterday ~ " His appa sighed and continued with a huge smile. " I just turned 18 and I went to Russia. It was a really great experience." He took a bite of his piece of fired duck.

 

Chan Yeol had a huge grin on his face since neither of them went to the place he is going to. He crossed his arms over his chest and proudly declared with his deep voice " South Korea ! " Everyone stopped eating and he swear he saw the eyes of his parents widen by the name of their homeland.

 

" I'm going to Seoul ! " He cheered.

 

" Oh Channie ~ That's wonderful ! " His umma smiled warmly at him while resting her hand on her chest. " Aigoo ~ Korea ... How many years has it been since we hadn't went back ? " His appa nodded his head in agreement and let out a long deep sigh. " Is been way too long indeed." He patted Chan Yeol's back and smiled " Good luck son ! I know that you are going to do just fine ! "

 

" Gomawo appa ! "

 

" You know ... " The old man declared happily to his family " This year's vacation, we'll be going back home. What do you say ? " He smiled while drinking his cup of green tea as the 3 members were smiling in joy.

 

Chan Yeol was gonna miss his home, his family, his friends, his workplace, the North Pole and everything but he was ready, motived, overwhelmed with joy and super excited to go to Korea, his parents homeland. He has never ever set foot outside of the North Pole, outside of his world. He was ready to face the 'human' world even though he did felt a tiny biny scared. He wanted to make his family and Santa proud by accomplishing this mission.

 

" Fighting Park Chan Yeol ! " He cheered himself on.

 

~~~~

 

" Can't wait for Christmas !!! Aigoo~ Finally the magically time of the year is coming pretty quickly ! " Soo Young twirled herself around like a ballerina while smiling. I laughed seeing her acting all excited, she looked so cute !

 

" Yeah, I can't wait either ! At least our vacation started ! " I smiled while lifting my arms in the air " No more school ! Wooooo ~ ! "

 

" Yah Rina ! Watch--- " Soo Young tried warning me about something but it was too late I guess ? Because the minute my hands lifted up, I heard a loud " Ouchhh~ " from behind me. My eyes widen in fear as I felt my hand accidently hit the person from behind. I quickly turned around facing the person and bowed while apologizing. " I'm so sorry ! I'm so sorry ! Omg ! Are you okay ? "

 

~~~~

 

Chan Yeol was walking around the huge SM Mall observing everything in awed. His eyes were sparkling in joy and his huge smile couldn't be unseen. He had quite some time to take everything in. The human world was wayyyyyyy different from back home in the North Pole. Is nothing like he had imagined it to be ! Not even in his wild dreams ! It was really amazing ! He still couldn't believe the reality of being here.

 

He felt even more amazed by seeing people his actual height ! He hasn't seen any 3 foot or 4 foot tall people yet but seeing the average normal height people was great. He fitted in just perfectly. Sure there were a few people giving him stares and funny looks but that was because ... well ... he looked like an elf ... a giant elf. He was wearing his red melon hat, green long sleeve with a red bow tie along with matching red straps and dark blue jeans. Don't forget his big pointy ears were sticking out and famous creepy smile.

 

Embedded image permalink

 

As he was walking around, lost in his thougths and staring at everything around him, he didn't notice Rina standing a few away in front. Once she raised her hands in the air accidently hitting his nose, that's when he realized he bumped into her.

 

" I'm so sorry ! I'm so sorry ! Omg ! Are you okay ? "

 

Chan Yeol rubbed his sore nose while grimancing. Ouch ~ It really hurted ! " I-Is okay, I'm f--- " The moment he laid eyes on the girl, he felt the pain in his nose disappearing and his heart was making weird noises like dugeum dugeum. Chan Yeol was staring deeply at the girl with his mouth wide open.

 

" Hello ? Is anyone inside ? " Rina waved her hand in front of his face.

 

" Amazing, his hasn't blinked once ! " Rina whispered to herself. " Hey dude, can you hear me ? Are you okay ? " She asked aagin and this time Chan Yeol shook his head and responded. " I-I-I-I'm okayyy ! It was an accident anyways, no h-h-harm done " He chuckled feeling awkward and shy. His ears were turning red and Rina noticed it.

 

* OMG ! This is my first time talking to a human ! Eotteoke ? Eotteoke ? And she is ... so beautiful ~ *

 

" Wow ~ ! You got really big ears ! " She exclaimed loudly while staring at his ears. Suddenly, realizing what she said, she bit her bottom lip feeling awkward. " Omg, I'm sorry ... I didn't mean t-- "

 

" Aniya ! Is okay ! " He shook his hands. " I know that my ears are big. I was born this way anyways so I'm used to them." He started laughing and Rina slightly bowed her head with a small smile. " Okay ... well anyways sorry about your nose again." She turned around and crossed arms with Soo Young. " Kaja ! "

 

As the girls walked away, Chan Yeol had this warm and fuzzy feeling inside of him that he never felt before. His heart was beating uncontrollably fast that he felt like having a heart attack. " Woah ~ What is going on with me ? Am I feeling sick or something ? And ... I didn't get the chance to get her name ... "

 

~~~~

 

" OMG ! Did you see the way he was staring at you ????!!!!!!!! OMG ! He was totally starstruck by your beauty miss Nam ! Hihihhihi ~ "

 

I rolled my eyes at her and sipped my hot cocoa with marshmallows on top. " Yah, babo ! What the hell are you talking about now ? "

 

" The way he was staring deeply at you ! Didn't you notice ? It was soooooooooo obvious !!! Omg ! I'm sure he has a crush on you now ! " Soo Young was fangirling and talking about this romance ty things again. I shook my head and sighed.

 

" I only noticed that he was lost in space because of the sudden hit on his nose."

 

Soo Young glared at me. " Yah ! What's with you ? A really tall and handsome guy suddenly appears out of nowhere and he totally falls for you in an instant ! Don't you think that's magic ? Love at first sight ! Omo, soooooooooooo romantic ~ "

 

I tsked at her " Tsk ! You and your delusional romantic fantasies." I rolled my eyes and drank my cocoa.

 

" Yah ! Is not delusional ! I'm telling you this is a sign ! "

 

I lifted an eyebrow curiously at her. " A sign ? "

 

" From Santa Claus ! Can't you see ! Santa Claus sent you your Christmas gift this year and that's the guy from the mall ! He's your Christmas gift ! " Soo Young clapped her hands excitedly with a huge grin.

 

" Yah babo ! You totally don't make any sense ! First of all, Santa doesn't send random guys as Christmas gifts to desperate and lonely teenage girls for Christmas. Santa sends TOYS for kids and NOT boy toys ! Secondly, that guy just happened to walk by randomly and I accidently hit him on his nose. He isn't some Christmas gift wrapped in a box ! "

 

I crossed my arms over my chest. " And besides, I don't even know that guy's name and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna see him ever again."

 

~~~~

 

Chan Yeol was walking down the snowy streets of Seoul lost in his thoughts. He couldn't stop thinking about the girl from the mall. Is been 5 days already since the small accident. He wanted to see her again but Seoul was a giant city. She could be anywhere !

 

He pouted cutely while looking at all the cute little children playing in the snow. A group of kids were playing snowball fight, others were making snow angels while others were making snowmen. Chan Yeol quickly shook his head and slapped his cheeks.

 

" Yah Park Chan Yeol ! Santa sent you here to do the mission ! Focus on that ! "

 

* Then you can start searching for her ! *

 

A huge smile appeared on his face. He can't afford to lose his mind because of some girl. Very cute girl, just saying. First, he needs to complete his mission then he'll try to look for her ! So he grabbed out the long list from his pocket, sat down on a bench and started checking the names. " Nice, nice, naughty, nice, super nice, ohhh ~ really naughty, aigoo~ naughty, n--- "

 

His eyes slowly lifted up from the list and that's when he saw a very familiar red coat. He saw Rina ! She was walking from across the street carrying wrapped presents. Chan Yeol's eyes widen in surprise, he quickly jumped off the bench, put back the list in his pocket and ran towards the girl.

 

Chan Yeol felt his heart beating rapidly as he was nearing towards her. His ears and cheeks were heating up with excitement. While Rina was looking passed the windows of the shops calmly, she had no clue that the giant elf was after her. Chan Yeol's feet didn't stop in time and he accidently bumped into her. She felt a huge impact from behind which made her lose her balance. She fell on the ground along with the bags filled with the presents. " Owww ~ Watch it b--- " She quickly looked up with surprised eyes.

 

" Oh, is you again ! Big ears ! "

 

" Hahaha ~ Neh that's me ! But the name is Park Chan Yeol. " He rubbed the back of his neck shyly. He stretched out his long arm while smiling shyly and blushing " Need a hand ? " 

 

* Park Chan Yeol, Park Chan Yeol ! I like that name ~ *

 

She slowly smiled back at him and grabbed his hand. " I'm Nam Rina ! " While she dusted off the snow from her coat, shoulders and knees, Chan Yeol was busy picking up all the presents from the ground and put them back in the bags. " Here you go and sorry about bumping into you so roughly ". She took back the bags and giggled lightly. " Well I guess is okay since when we first met, I did hit your nose " They both giggled cutely while blushing.

 

* Nam Rina, Nam Rina ! I like that name ~ Is lovely *

 

" That's a lovely name ~ Rina-shi ~ I love that name ! " Once those words came out of his mouth, he quickly covered it with his hands. Rina started laughing at his cute actions and gave him her cutest eye-smile as she thanked him. Slowly, his cheeks were heating up and he avoided her gaze feeling shy. He didn't want to let her go just when he found her again ! So he asked her for a cup of coffee which surprised her.

 

" Hmmm ... that's nice of you but ... " She was hesitating because she doesn't even know this stranger. He looked nice and harmless but ... She couldn't really figure it out. " I don't like coffee " She simply said.

 

" Oh okay ! Then how about hot chocolate ! "

 

Rina wanted to leave but didn't want to be rude or anything so she bowed and apologized. " Mianhae Chan Yeol-shi but ... I gotta go now ! M-Maybe next time ! " As she started walking away, Chan Yeol quickly followed her behind trying to start a conversation.

 

" Where do you gotta go ? Going to meet someone ? A friend ? A family member ? OMO, a boyfriend ? Wait, do you have a boyfriend ? What's his name ? How old is he ? What school he goes to ? Do you guys go to school together ? Oh, I didn't even asked your age ? How old are you ? I'm 22 years old ! "

 

Rina was slowly getting angry with him asking random questions that she stopped in the middle of the street and glared at him. " YAH ! Crack face, will you shut up ! " She shouted pissed off and rested her hands on her hips.

 

Chan Yeol couldn't believe his big ears ! She just called him a 'crack face' ! " Well now, that isn't very nice ! I was just trying to know you better by asking questions." He simply said and added. " Santa isn't going to be happy knowing that you just called an elf a 'crack face'. He air quoted the last word.

 

" M-Mianhae, I didn't mean it but ... " Slowly realizing what he just said, Rina shook her head and lifted an eyebrow. " Huh ? What did you just say ? An e-elf ? "

 

He brightly nodded his head with a big smile. " Yup, that's right ! I'm an elf."

 

* An elf ? Pfft ! Okay then I'm the Snow Queen ! *

 

She rolled her eyes at him. " Dude, I don't know what kind of drugs you're taking but you better stop before it damages even worse your brain cells."

 

Chan Yeol felt offended by hearing that. He would never ever take drugs. No way !

 

" Yah, I'm not taking any drugs ! I'm totally serious, I am an elf ! I work at Santa's workshop in the North Pole with the other elves."

 

Rina couldn't hide her smile. Fine, if he wants to play along then two can play this game. Like seriously what a lame joke ! Pff ! An elf ! Elves don't exist ! She wasn't stupid and this guy was clearing toying with her.

 

* Aigoo~ Just when I thought that he was actually nice and harmless ... *

 

" Arasseo and if you are an elf then you know what I am ? " She asked and Chan Yeol guessed by saying the obvious " A human ? " Rina shook her head and smiled brightly " Nah ah ! I am secretly the tooth fairy ! At night, I take the teeth of many children from underneath their pillows in exchange for a dollar. I fly around town with my magic wand, wearing a blue tutu and tiara and sometimes at day light, you can catch me sitting my attending boring classes at school and staying stuck in detention." She said sarcastically and started walking away again.

 

" Yah ! Yah ! Rina-shi wait ! " Chan Yeol walked beside her but she ignored him. " You liar ! I personally know the tooth fairy and that isn't you ! " He shrugged his shoulders and sighed " Why don't you believe me ? I am telling the truth ! "

 

" Listen, Chan Yeol-shi just leave me alone " Chan Yeol quickly grabbed her wrist which made her stop walking once again. " Rina, I would never lie to you " His deep husky voice gave Rina shivers. The tone of his voice was so serious even his handsome face was serious. She felt her body temperature heating up and for some reason her heart was beating fast. Chan Yeol's heart was beating extremely fast was well. His ears were red and his forehead was getting sweaty.

 

Rina didn't notice that she was holding her breath the whole time until she let out a deep sigh. " Then prove it ! " She dared him to.

 

~~~~

 

Chan Yeol and Rina were sitting down at a round table for two close to the window. Starbucks was crowded with thirsty customers waiting in line for the special Holiday drinks. It was a good thing they came early, anyways Chan Yeol was enjoying his gingerbread latte while Rina ordered peppermint mocha. She was waiting for him to speak first and so he did.

 

" Let me introduce myself properly, my name is Park Chan Yeol and I am 22 years old. I am an elf from the North Pole, I work at Santa Claus's workshop with the others elves. I was born and grew up there my entire life so this is my first time being in the 'human' or 'outside' world. Every year, 7 lucky elves are chosen to travel around the globe and accomplish a special mission. "

 

He grabbed the gloden rolled up list, tied by a red ribbon, from his pocket and showed it to her. " This list has all the names of the children in South Korea. Is my job as an undercover elf to make sure every one of these names are in the right categories : nice, naughty or unsure."

 

Rina took a look at the glowing list, she carefully unrolled half of it and read the first names at the top of the list. " ... S-So what you are telling me is that Santa sent you here in Korea to double check his list ? Make sure these kids are nice or naughty ? "

 

" Exactly ! " He nodded his head.

 

" How about the 'unsure' ?"

 

" I need to research on them. I need to do a few tests to see in which categorie they belong to. In the end, I'm the one who makes the final decision."

 

Rina gave him back the list and drank her mocha slowly trying to take every information that he said from the beginning until now. " How long you're staying ? When will you go back to the North Pole ? How will you go back ? How did you come here anyway ? "

 

Chan Yeol grinned playfully at her " Now look who's interested in my life ! Asking so many questions, what are you ? A reporter ? "

 

She felt her cheeks blushing and purposely coughed. " Yah ! Is not everyday you meet an elf ! Now answer my questions "

 

" I'm leaving as soon as my mission is over. The 25th to be exact ! I'm going back home the same way I came here by taking the turbo sleigh ! " He flashed his famous derpy smile.

 

Rina's eyebrow lifted up by hearing the word 'turbo sleigh'. " Turbo sleigh ? What's that ? "

 

" Let's say is not your normal sleigh that you ride. It goes super fast like the speed of light, flies up in the air just like a plane and it has everything that I need ! "

 

" So Rina-shi ... do you believe me now ? " Chan Yeol's eyes were sparkling with joy. " I told you everything even though  I shouldn't have ..."

 

" Hmm ... I--- " Rina was hesitating to answer him. She wasn't sure to believe him or not. Elves don't exist, Santa doesn't exist and flying reindeers don't exist ! B-but hearing Chan Yeol's story and everything she had a feeling that he was telling the whole truth. He looked so sincere, there wasn't anything fishy about him ... well maybe the big pointy ears and funny clothes but ....

 

" Well, if you are really an 'elf' " she air quoted the word " then why are you a giant ? I mean elves are tiny people and not walking trees."

 

Chan Yeol pouted cutely which made Rina blush " Aigoo~ I knew you were going to ask that sooner or later. That hurts you know ! " He acted sad and hurt but Rina couldn't help but laugh at him. He looked so damn cute. " Well, I am a special elf that is 6 feet tall what can I say ! Everyone is smaller then me but I was born this way."

 

Rina slowly nodded her head. " Hmm ... well I guess being a giant tree in the middle of tiny people can have some advantages, right ? Like if something is too far high up for them to reach, you're there to help ! With your long legs you can walk and run faster ! With your long arms you can carry probably 5 more boxes then they can ! "

 

Chan Yeol started blushing and smiled shyly. " Y-Yeah, you're right about all those things. Hihihihi~ "

 

" Chan Yeol-shi, I don't know if you are telling the truth but ... you seem like a really nice and friendly person. I have this feeling that you aren't lying to me. " She grabbed his hands in the middle of the table and smiled. " Is hard believing these things you are telling me but somehow ... " She tilted her head to each side while thingking " They seem too good to be true like a fantasy world you imagine to escape the hard reality of life "

 

" Little kids would believe you but grown ups like me ... hmm ... not that sure ! They'll probably think you're crazy and escaped the mental house." She let out a deep sigh " I'm not saying I believe you but ... is kinda hard not to believe "

 

Chan Yeol's smile grew wider hearing that coming from her. His smile reached to his big ears. " Oh Rina-shi ! See ! I told you that I am telling the truth ! I will never lie to you ! " Chan Yeol got up from his seat and hugged the petite girl tightly. " You're my first human friend ! "

 

" Y-Y-Yah ! Let go you creep ! " Rina couldn't breathe and she was struggling to get out of his bear hug. " Let me go Chan Yeol ! " The giant elf ignored her and laughed joyfully. " Come on, friend ! Let's go buy something to celebrate our friendship ! " He exclaimed and dragged her with him out of Starbucks. 

 

Chan Yeol just randomly entered a boutique selling cute and fashionable clothes for both es. " Y-Yah ! What are we doing here ? " She followed the excited elf who was admiring a couple of hats.

 

" I told you ! We're gonna buy something to represent our friendship ! " He smiled while Rina shook her head and mumbled to herself " Who said that I was friends with you ?"

 

Chan Yeol tired on a cute furry brown hat shaped into a wolf's head. He checked himself in the mirror and winked feeling satisfied. He grabbed the same furry wolf hat in pink and put it on Rina's head. " Ta dah ! Don't we look cute ? " He cheered as Rina turned around towards the mirror and saw her reflection and Chan Yeol's wearing the matching hats.

 

" Aigoo~ Such a cute and adorable young couple ~ " The saleslady exclaimed cheerfully as she walked by them.

 

They both exchanged looks and quickly looked away while blushing. They both felt their hearts racing and Chan Yeol gulped down his saliva nervously.

 

* Cute and adorable young couple ? Who ? Me and R-R-Rina ? A c-c-couple ? *

 

" Ahh ahjumma~ We're not a couple, we're friends " Rina faked laughed.

 

The saleslady's eyes widen " Jeongmal ? Aigoo~ That's such a shame because you two are a match made in Heaven ! "

 

In the end, they didn't buy the cute furry hats but decided to look around the shop. " You know Chan Yeol .... I think you need new clothes " Rina was looking at the people giving the giant weird looks seeing his elf outfit. Yes, he does look weird but still cute !

 

" Hmm ? Why ? " He asked innocently totally oblivious about the people's stares around him.

 

" ... Well if you want to fit in the 'human' word, you should get rid of your funny elf clothes." Rina started grabbing different types of pants, shirts, polos and sweaters and pushed them inside a cabinet with a lost looking Chan Yeol. As time passed by, Chan Yeol tried on all the clothes as she demanded him to. He found it weird at first but started to like the new clothes and had fun modeling for Rina.

 

" Okay Rina this is the last one ! Hope you like it ! " He yelled from the changing room.

 

" Just come out giant ! If this one suits you, I'm gonna but it for you ! " She replied with a smirk.

 

" Arasseo and don't take your words back ! " He declaired and finally came out of the cabinet and walked towards Rina smiling cutely.

 

1521470_460508947388587_1390292167_n.jpg

 

Once she saw Chan Yeol walking slowly towards her with that famous smile of his wearing those new clothes and styled his hair up, she felt her whole body frozen on the spot. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. Her heart was beating fast, her face was burning and she felt all fuzzy inside as if there were butterflies flying around inside her stomach.

 

" So ??? How do I look ??? " His deep and low voice woke her up.

 

She couldn't say anything but stare at him. Chan Yeol noticed her silence and poked her right cheek " Rina ? You okay ? "

 

She pushed away his hand gently " W-w-who are you ? W-wh-wh-here's the giant elf ? "

 

Chan Yeol started laughing at her teasing him. " You funny Rina ! Hahaha ~ Do I really look different wearing these clothes ? "

 

She nodded her head " Neh ! These clothes are more my style ! It suits you perfectly ! " She lifted two thumbs up. " Handsome ~ "

 

Chan Yeol felt all funny and tingling inside that his face turned red tomato. Hearing Rina saying those words made his heart skipped a beat, no more like two, three beats ! " So ... am I your style ? " He suddenly asked while rubbing the back of his neck. Rina didn't have time to respond back because he quickly changed the topic. " Hahaha ~ I know I look really handsome don't I ? I really love this outfit ! " He gave her a creepy smirk before running away in the cabinet " Thanks for buying me this early Christmas gift, Rinaaaa~ "

 

~~~~

 

As days turned into weeks, Chan Yeol and Rina spent alot of time together getting to know eachother much better. Rina finally believed him being an elf when she found more prove from him like one time she found him secretly talking with Bernard and other elves on a hologram machine-thingy. She finally saw his turbo sleigh and went to visit his place, a small cottage, near the forest which is out of the city. Yes, she finally believed him but she wasn't that shocked since there were a few hints already giving her the answer since the beginning.

 

With all the time they spent together, they slowly started to fall for eachother. Little did they know, they were already in love with one another from the very start. For Chan Yeol it was love at first sight when she accidently hit his nose while Rina fell for him while they were shopping together finding him new clothes.

 

Neither one of them has confessed yet which was annoying and nerve racking because Christmas was coming soon which means ... Chan Yeol would be going back home to the North Pole.

 

Chan Yeol didn't want to leave her. He wanted to stay here with her forever. He would do anything to stay and be with Rina. He wanted her to be by his side forever, for eternity. Just the thought of leaving her, being seperated from her, was killing him. He was already so used to the human lifestyle. He felt like he was meant to be here with her. It was perfect ! He felt that he actually found his place and it was right here in Seoul with the woman he loved Rina !

 

~~~~

 

Christmas Eve

December 24th, 2013

 

Chan Yeol was proud because he accomplished his mission successfully ! He finished the list in time and sent it back to the North Pole. He can finally relax and celebrate Christmas with Rina and her family. Since his family and friends weren't here with him, Rina invited him over to spend Christmas with her family. She didn't want him to feel alone, her parents were insisting on meeting their future-son-in-law as well (yes, they knew about their precious daughter's love life) and because she was going to confess tonight at midnight.

 

Once at her place, Chan Yeol met the whole family. Her parents, her grandparents, uncles and aunts, many cousins of different age groups and the family's dogs and cats. The house was packed with Rina's lovely heart-warming family that Chan Yeol felt such at ease and got along with everyone especially her mom. Everyone teased the young couple asking when was the wedding date, how did they met, what was their reactions while meeting eachother, what will they name their children and on and on.

 

Once diner was over, everyone was dancing along to the loud music in the livingroom, Chan Yeol and Rina were outside on her balcony's bedroom hearing the noises coming from downstairs. It was a perfect night, the full moon was out illuminating the dark sky with the many stars. Tiny snowflakes were falling slowly and it wasn't that cold outside. You could see all the Christmas decorations from the neighborhood and the snow covering everything.

 

" Rina ... I have something to tell you " He broke the ice feeling nervous as hell.

 

" Wait ! Chan Yeol, I also have something to say so can I go first ? "

 

Without waiting for his reply she went on. " Chan Yeol, where do I start ? " She was feeling nervous but she knew that she had to let it out. " That day, the day we first met, when I accidently hit your nose, I thought that I would never ever see you again. My friend kept on telling me that you were some magical Christmas sign from Santa sent to me. That you were my Christmas gift ! I thought that she was crazy like you when we met again and you told me that you were an elf. I didn't believe her neither did I believe you but ... my mind changed when I met you again. Maybe she was right ? Maybe you are my Christmas gift ? Maybe you are actually an elf from the North Pole ? Maybe you aren't lying to me ? "

 

" Many thoughts rushed in my mind. We also spent so much time together, getting to know eachother, finally believing you being an elf, sharing many moments together. Everyday that I spent with you was magical and joyful ! " She started to get teary eyes as she went on.

 

" We both knew that the day you were leaving was coming but I didn't know it was coming soo soon ! I didn't want to face the cruel reality of you leaving just when I--- " They locked gazes with eachother and she felt her heart skip a beat. " Just when I started to fall for you ! "

 

She crashed into his hard chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. " I love you, Park Chan Yeol ! Saranghae ! Aieru ! Wo ai ni ! Je t'aime ! Ich liebe dich ! Te amo ! Mahal Kita ! 1-4-3 ! Please don't leave meeee ~ " She cried into his chest and Chan Yeol wrapped his arms around her body feeling his heart ache seeing her like this. He also felt his heart skipped many beats, his ears turning red as well as his face and his stomach was acting weird.

 

" I love you, giant elf ! " She cried as he caressed her hair gently while smiling.

 

" Rina, I love you too ! Saranghae ! Aieru ! Wo ai ni ! Je t'aime ! Ich liebe dich ! Te amo ! Mahal kita ! 1-4-3 ! I'll never ever leave youuu ~ " He cupped her small heart shaped face into his large hands, tilted his head while bending down to her height and kissed her.

 

" I love you wayyyyyyyyyyy too much to leave you, my dear ! I can't imagine myself being without you ! I fell in love with you at first sight when you hit me ! I couldn't stop thingking about seeing you again ! You never once left my mind ! I came here to do my mission and never would I thought of falling in love with a human girl. I love you, Rina ~ " His pink lips crashed into hers again and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

" I finally found the place where I actually belong to and that's here with you ! I think Santa sent me here to find you instead ! " He smiled and gently wiped her tears away with his thumb. " Please don't cry, my love ~ "

 

" How can I not when you are being all romantic and such ? And you stole my first and second kisses ! " She blushed maddly while bitting her bottom lip cutely which made him go crazy.

 

" Hahahaha ~ I am a lucky guy after all ! " He lifted her up from the ground and carried her bridal style. " I will continue stealing kisses from you for forever and for eternity ! You are all mine, Nam Rina ~ "

 

" Yah ! You crazy giant elf ! " They both laughed and she finally realized something. " Chan Yeol, what about your work at the North Pole with Santa and the other elves ? That's your job ! What about your family ? And friends ? " She asked curiously.

 

" My family and friends will be happy for me when I annonce everyhting to them, they will understand. Sure, I'll miss them but we will visit them every year together ! And about my job well don't worry about that ... Santa has a workshop here in Seoul so I can work here from now on and live my life with you." He flashed her his smile and winked at her.

 

" Really ? You didn't tell me he has a another work shop ! " Her eyes widen by hearing the news.

 

" Really ? Well anyhow you know now ! " He laughed out loud and she punched his arm.

 

" Papo ! You scared me ! I thought that you would leave me and go back ... " She avoided eye contact. Chan Yeol shook his head and leaned his face closer to hers. He whispered huskily that made she shiver " I would never leave you ! You are my perfect home sweet home, my life, my woman, my future wife, my baby, my jajiya, my boo, my everything, my Rina "

 

She got teary eyed again and this time she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. Chan Yeol deepend the kiss without breaking it, he put her back down on the ground and they walked back into her bedroom. She slowly fell on her bed and he climbed on top of her still kissing.

 

Couldn't breathe anymore, he broke the kiss and said breathlessly " I love you, Rina ! Saranghae, my love ! "

 

" I love you too my giant elf ! " She giggled and kissed him back.

 

Chan Yeol deepend the steamy hot kiss once more and removed his jacket but Rina finally stopped him. " Y-Y-Yah !!!!! Wait ! C-C-Chan Yeol ! My family is downstairs ! I-i-i-i-i don't want ... I'm not ready ... I-i-i .... me .... you just got together .... we " Chan Yeol started laughing seeing her cute panick reaction. He pinched her cheek and smiled widely. " Aigoo~ Don't worry I wasn't thinking of that ! I was just hot because of the make-out ! Hahahaha ~  You funny jajiya ! "

 

Rina was now totally embarrassed. She hid her red tomato face by covering it with her hands as Chan Yeol didn't stop laughing. Soon, she gasped as she felt her body being carried bridal style again being in Chan Yeol's arms. He kissed her nose and winked at her " Come on, let's spread the news to your family first and then I will make sweet love to you once alone ~ " The y flirtatious smile and gaze never leaving his face as he declaired his future plan for them.

 

 

~~Then~~~