Meet the Frog

Homeless rebel

Ji Hoon! Where are you going? My hyung asked me when I was just one step outside the door of my parents’s house. ! And I thought I’m gonna be unnoticed.

Taeil hyung, I’m just taking GoldBall for a walk. I replied quickly to my butler who was like my older brother as we were raised together. I took my dog – GoldBall, a 2yrs old Pug and ready to go outside I was stopped by two men in black

Master Pyo One of them said and they both bowed to me. I sighed and passed by them.

 

Since I was a little boy, I had my own staff, maids, nannies, bodyguards and of course Taeil – a chef's son who turned to be my butler. Everyone were saying that they wish to be me, to be the ‘Prince of Seoul’. That’s what everyone were calling me. But no one understood that being the only son of Korean biggest chaebol’s CEO can be tiring some days. What to wear? Prada or Chanel? Or maybe something from Louis Vuitton? Spend holidays in Paris, New York or maybe on a private Island on Caribbean? Those dilemmas are hard to make for a young boy. But since I was a teenager, the biggest problem for me was not having a privacy. Bodyguards were everywhere. But I knew how to escape them after all those years. It was never hard to find me for them, but I cherished that one hour like the biggest treasure. Today, I wanted to have that time just for me, too. Since I came back from Tokyo to spend summer with my family, I had to attend to hundreds of parties. I was tired. So when I arrived to the park, I asked my bodyguards to buy me some ice-creams and bubble tea just to get rid of them.

 

Ball and I will wait for you in the car. And he likes vanilla ice-cream. I said coldly when they looked at me confused. Strawberry for me. I gave them my signature killer look and they quickly left me alone. Finally!

 

I took Ball on my hands and jogged to the nearest trees. When I was hidden from public eye I immediately felt relaxed. I sat down next to the pond and started to play with my dog.

 

How do you like Seoul, Ball? It’s nice, right? He starred at the toy I was holding, I a little bit and he cutely jumped at the toy, trying to catch it. Ah, it’s so nice we can hide somewhere. I’m sick of people who judge me by my image. All those stupid girls who wants to get into my bed. Why do I have to do all those things that my parents want me to do? They don’t even know me. Thinking I have to be just like every rich boy, dating rich girls. I hate it. I wish people could see the real me. I pouted and threw a toy that Ball happily run to catch.

Aish tell me about it! I heard someone’s voice and I jumped from a surprise. I thought I was alone. No one even want to talk to me because of my ‘image’. The voice continued and I quickly looked around to find the source. I hugged Ball to protect him from unseen danger, but he fumbled like crazy. Just when I bend to put him on his own feet, still looking around and wondering why the bodyguards haven’t found me yet, Ball jumped from my hands and his one paw hooked against my gold Chrome Heart’s bracelet and break it off.

Cute dog A voice said again and I get a goosebumps. With my shaky hands I took off my phone from a pocket, ready to call for help.

Who are you! Show up if you dare! I screamed with a fear and tried to recall the moves of self defense I’ve learnt few years ago.

I’m just right next to you. A voice replied, but still I couldn’t see anyone. Ball started to bark at the frog on the opposite side of the pond and I creased my forehead at the sight of an ugly, green creature. I immediately touched my wrist to calm myself down by touching my favorite gold bracelet, but then realized that I don’t have it. I kneeled on the grass and started to look for the most important thing that I have.

Are you looking for this? Again, the voice spoke and I turned around quickly, sure that there won’t be anyone, just like before. But for my surprise, in front of me appeared a man. You should be more careful with your jeweler. It looks like it’s expensive. He continued and I saw that he’s holding my gold bracelet. He made a step toward me, but I immediately stepped back. He was all dirty, with tore clothes, his hair looked like they never saw a brush and shampoo, so long, that they covered almost all his face. He was a beggar. A poor, dirty and most likely homeless beggar. I thought that I would more likely touch and even kiss that frog in the pond, than be so close to a person like him. He… was disgusting and I felt dirty just by looking at him.

G-Give me back my bracelet! I opened my palm but avoided to look at him. When I couldn’t feel it in my palm, I raised my head. He moved closer to me, but I couldn’t step back more as there was a pond just behind me.

I found it and will give it back to you. But what will you give me in return? He asked

I-I will… what would you like? Money, my earring even my phone! Please, just give me back my bracelet! I begged him, tears already in my eyes.

I do not care for your money, earring, nor for your phone. But just let me be your companion and play-fellow, and sit by you at your table, and eat of your expensive plate, and drink out of your cup, and sleep in your bedroom – if you will promise me this I will give your gold bracelet back. He said playing with the thin bracelet and afraid that he will break it with his dirty hands I agreed.

Yes! I promise! I’ll do that, just be careful with my treasure! I squealed but when a smile appeared under his long, covering his face hair, I started to wonder on what he asked for. Eat from my plate? Drink out of my cup? Sleep in MY bedroom!! Who does he think he is? ert? How he can be a companion for the Prince of Seoul.

Then, remember about your promise, sweetie. He winked to me and gave me back my bracelet. In a split of second I grabbed Ball, the bracelet and run away as far and fast as I could. When I saw my bodyguards near the car I felt brave enough to turn around, but I saw no one following me.

Master! Why did you run away. We were looking for you everywhere! One of my bodyguards asked me with a shaky voice. I stared at him angrily and without a word I sat down in the car.

 

 

The next day, I went shopping with my butler and after few hours of spending my father’s money we went to the restaurant for a late dinner. When our meal arrived I started to eat with content, while checking my emails on the phone and made some small talk with my hyung.

Suddenly someone knocked to the window of the restaurant near my table. I looked up and I saw the beggar from the previous day. I made a go-away gesture with my hand and returned to my meal.

 

Who is that, Ji Hoon? My butler asked when he saw him

No one, hyung. Just some disgusting homeless guy.

What does he want from you? Do you know him? Taeil started his investigation and I rolled my eyes

Ah, hyung. Yesterday I was in the park, playing with Ball. And he accidentally broke my gold bracelet, the one from Chrome Heart’s limited edition. I couldn’t find it in grass, and that beggar helped me to find it. I promised him, he’ll be my companion as a reward, but… I never thought he would be able to find me. And now… he’s outside the restaurant! I turned to the window, but surprisingly, there was no beggar outside. I sighed in relief, but at the same moment I heard some noises behind me.

You can’t come in here, it’s a luxury restaurant! There’s nothing for a beggar like you here. A waiter tried to stop the homeless guy, who was just few meters away from my table.

Ji Hoon! If you promised something, you must keep that promise. That’s how we were raised. Invite him to the table. My friend said and smiled to me. I sighed, but not wanting to disobey to him – still, he was my hyung- I turned to the waiter

Excuse me. This young man came to me. Please, let him join my table. A waiter looked at me suspiciously, but knowing very well who I am, he bowed and showed an empty chair to the beggar. He asked him, what he would like to order, but a beggar said, he’ll share a plate with me. Both Taeil hyung and I looked at him in shock, but I immediately recalled his words from yesterday. I gave a sign to the waiter, that, that’s ok, and he left us alone.

 

I pushed my plate a little bit toward the dirty man, and he took chopsticks and started to eat. He looked like he enjoyed the meal, but I couldn’t eat well. He was so close to me, I watched him and wondered if it’s possible for him to look good, under all that dirt.

Mmm… it’s delicious, can I drink your wine? I nodded and looked at my butler who was observing him with an interest.

So… what’s your name, dongsaeng? He asked him as he drunk my wine. I turned to my companion and surprised myself, that I’ve never asked him that.

You can call me U-Kwon. He gave him a bright smile and you smiled unwieldy. I’m 21.

Oh, so you’re a hyung to my JiHoon! He’s just 20.  He chuckled and looked at me

I guess I am, then. He gave me a smirk and I blushed. My butler talked to him about different things and after a while I was really interested in him and his stories. We ordered a dessert and I shared my plate with him once again. This time, I tried to ignore his look and just enjoyed the conversation. I told him about my studies at University of Tokyo, my family and my interests. I felt really good around him, but still avoided his touch.

 

When after an hour I felt tired I yawned indiscreetly and he did the same.

U-Kwon, do you have a place to sleep? My butler asked him, when we paid for a meal and exited the restaurant. You’re so young, you shouldn’t wander around the city at this hour. U-Kwon gave me the look, but I acted like I didn’t see that

Actually, Ji Hoon promised me that I can sleep at his place. He said shamelessly and Taeil hyung raised his eyebrows in shock

He did?                      

Yes, I did. But I’m sure dad will be angry if I would invite someone… I rushed to explain but Taeil gave me a scolding look

Ji Hoon! If you promised to this young boy a place to sleep… We can’t let him to sleep on the street! He’s your hyung! He said to me and I sighed. In the car, I sat as far away from him as I could. I was so angry at him, that he told my butler about that promise.

 

 

When we arrived to my house I went upstairs to my room and U-Kwon followed me. I throw him a pillow and pointed a big sofa next to my bed.

I’m surprised nobody said anything about you sleeping in my room. But, I warn you! One wrong move, and my bodyguards will kill you! I gave him a look and went to my bathroom, slamming the door behind me. When I came back, he was sitting on my bed, instead on the sofa. What the hell are you doing with your dirty self on my clean bed! I yelled at him

Do you like me? He asked me out of nowhere and I opened my mouth in shock.

What!? How could I like someone like you? I’m not gay! I frowned, but the truth was, after I spent some time with him in the restaurant, I felt like I have some sympathy for him. He was different than my friends. He didn’t treat me like a fragile prince. He was demanding. He was arrogant. He was… interesting. And this, I was sooo gay!

Yesterday, in park… you said that nobody sees the true you… don’t act like a in front of me. I know you’re not like that. You’re not a bad boy. U-Kwon smirked and I blushed once again. What’s wrong with me... I sat down on my bed and started to play with the gold bracelet that U-Kwon found in the grass.

You don’t know how the rich kids can be… If you’re not acting like them, they are treating you like a trash. They won’t understand that you’re different than them, even though you have as much on an account as them I said quietly, ashamed that I’m saying my true thoughts to him

It’s hard to be seen as a person you’re not. Look at me. You were disgusted just by looking at a homeless beggar, but the next day, you shared a plate with him. I watched him carefully and had to admit that I was more comfortable around him now. I didn’t want to look at his dirty, sticky clothes and hair. I concentrated on his eyes that were sometimes visible from behind his hair. He had gorgeous eyes. You watch The Heirs? You remind me of Choi Young Do. He asked me out of nowhere and I was surprised that a homeless guy knows about the ongoing drama.

Yeah… I said blushing a bit when I admitted I watch dramas for girls. Why Choi Yong Do? Am I that handsome to you as Kim WooBin?

Well… I have to say that, that’s too. UKwon laughed and I bit my lower lip when I heard that sound But, what I wanted to say… that you act like a bad boy, who just… wants to be loved. An image is just an image, but the most important is… he put his hand on my chest and patted the place over my heart what’s in here. I looked at him and felt something under his touch. Something that I’ve never felt before. Something that made me think, that I want to ki– Oh snap! Get over it JiHoon! A guy will disappear by tomorrow and probably you’ll never see him again! I shook my head and changed the subject.

We started to talk about different things, and once again, I was surprised, that I could talk with him about everything. He even had a knowledge about art and music! How can a homeless 21yrs old guy know it? I had no idea.

 

 

I didn’t know when I felt asleep, but when I woke up I was alone in the bedroom. My radio was on, and Block B’s new song – Very Good was ending, Sistar19’s MaBoy played as the next one. I sat down on the bed and looked around the room, and then, I realized that someone was showering in the bathroom. I stood up and shyly walked toward the clothes that was left on the sofa. U-Kwon’s clothes! I looked around to see if I’m still alone and started to look through his pockets. Just in the same moment that I took his ID card, I heard that the doors from the bathroom opened. The only thing that I was able to read was a name – Kim YooKwon. I widen my eyes in shock at the well known name. I hid the ID behind my back and turned to face the person that entered the bedroom. In front of me, was standing the most beautiful man I saw in my life. Just in his towel around his waist. His still wet from the shower hair were short, but still covering his forehead. He had abs that I wanted to touch, his strong arms were already embracing me in my head. I gulped.

W-What, h-how… Who are you? I stuttered not able to think about anything than how to hide my growing bulge. The hot guy that was now smiling brightly to me, showing his white teeth, couldn’t be the homeless, dirty beggar from yesterday.

Morning JiHoon! He grinned and ruffled my hair

H-How?

Let me dress myself, before I explain everything. Taeil hyung was calling you for a breakfast. Go and I’ll join you in a few. He said and pushed me outside the doors. Wait! What about the thing in my pants!! I whined in my mind.

 

GoldBall GoldBall GoldBall GoldBall

Dad Dad Dad Dad

Girls Girls Girls Girls

s s s s

 

I was imagining things that are the least ual for me. Thankfully it worked as my king lied down again, just in a perfect time. When I entered the dinning room, I saw some people, already at the table. It would be really awkward if they would see me few minutes ago.

JiHoon, you’re here! My dad greeted me and I bowed to him and his guests. I was still wearing clothes from yesterday as I fell asleep before I could change to my night clothes. Meet the Kim’s. They are the owners of the Kim Industries, the company that we are mergering with next month. You were in Tokyo for all that time and didn’t have the opportunity to meet them. Of course I’ve heard about them, and about their son. Kim YooKwon. When I was still in Japan, I’ve read that he’s the most eligible bachelor in Seoul.

Nice to meet you JiHoon Mrs Kim smiled to me I’m very grateful that you’ve met my son and convince him to call home.

I did? I didn’t understand what she was saying.

YooKwon run away from home few weeks ago, after we’ve told him that we want you two to live together. You will soon be the main shareholders of the merged company. That’s why we thought it’d be easier for you if you’ll get along together. She continued

Live with him? Like in the same apartment? Just the two of us? I stuttered once again and the king twitched in my pants from excitement.

But few hours ago, he called us and started to ask questions about you. When I’ve sent him your picture, he said he agree to our terms without a hesitation. Mr Kim said

I didn’t know that you… were the one who were destined for me from the very beginning. I’ve heard U-Kwon’s voice behind me.

I run away from home because I didn’t want to live with a dork that I didn’t even know. Most of rich guys are stupid. I rebelled. I started to live on my own in the world of poverty that I didn’t know before. But two days ago… when I was in the park, I’ve heard you. I felt that, you’re different. And I wanted to know you better.

Aww, yoebo, isn’t that wonderful! They will be the best friends! Mrs. Kim said in cute voice to her husband Maybe they’ll find nice girls, too. Girls… yeah…

Soo… Ji Hoon… Would you agree to live with YooKwon, too? My dad asked me and with my eyes still on UKwon, I nodded.