SEARCHING FOR AN ANSWER

LEO’S SLEEPWALKING JOURNEY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♦ CHAPTER II ♦

 

◘ SEARCHING FOR AN ANSWER ◘

 

 

Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity. 

~St. Augustine

 

 

 

 

Once the plane landed at the Incheon Airport, our manager and N came with me to visit a doctor that specializes in this kind of disorder that I have.

I don’t have a problem with it because I never sleepwalk in my life until the habit triggered on the night of my 24th birthday and the only way to find out about this is by asking an expert.

When we arrived and entered a private room, I settled sitting beside the doctor’s table while N and our manager both seated on the bench beside the door.

Once the door open and revealed the doctor wearing a white coat, our manager and N both greeted him and I stood up to greet him as well.

 

“You can take your seat, Mr. Jung.” Said the doctor and takes his seat behind his table afterward.

“So,” The doctor started while arranging the forms in front of him. “What’s the course of the problem, Mr. Jung? Hmm… sleepwalking?”

“Y-yes.” I answered, embarrassed.

“And my nurse said you remembered your journey in details?” The doctor looked up to meet my face.

“Y-yes.” Once again, I answered with a red face and lowered my head in embarrassment.

“I see,” The doctor said and cleared up his throat. “Um… can you leave us alone for a second? I want to examine more of Mr. Jung’s problem.”

 

My head shot up and our manager and N looked surprised but nonetheless, walked out the room silently after tapping my shoulder in support.

Once the two was out, the doctor cleared his throat once more and so, I turned my head to face him.

 

“In your case Mr. Jung, I can classify it rare since I’ve never once encountered a sleepwalker who remembered his journey throughout sleepwalking.” The doctor then smiled.

“I-I didn’t remember entering Ken’s room. All I remembered was hopping off my bed; walking through the hallway; entering a room; and feeling the soft mattress and the warmth it gave me.” I replied.

The doctor nodded. “It’s bizarre. But I don’t think there’s something wrong with it. Maybe, because I can’t answer you right now. You’re a first in this case for me and I couldn’t give you an exact answer yet.”

“As I can see in your report, I can’t say it’s genetic because none in your family in both of your parents’ has history of sleepwalking. Are you by chance, stressed a lot of times?”

“Yes and no. It’s because I’m enjoying my job a lot.” I shrugged.

“So I presumed you’re also sleep deprived?”

I nodded in reply.

“Having sleep deprivation, stress, chaotic sleep schedules and alcohol intoxication might be the cause of your sleepwalking. But, as you also stated here in my nurse’s report, this disorder only triggered on the night of your 24th birthday which happened just recently? Am I correct?”

I nodded again.

The doctor sighed and shook his head.

“Let me be frank with you, Mr. Jung.” The doctor looked at him straight in the eyes.

“I can’t help you right now but, I’m willing to study your case and if I found out something, I’ll tell you straight ahead.”

“So, what can I do now? Do I have to drink a prescribed medicine or something?”

“Unfortunately Mr. Jung, I can’t prescribe you with any medicine yet. But, I recommend you to take sleep as much as you can and I think it’s best if you sleep with someone beside you to monitor your condition.”

I nodded once again and thanked the doctor before going out of his room.

Our manager and N stood up and asked me once I meet up with them outside.

“What the doctor says? Is it curable?”

I shook my head.

“It’s a bizarre case and I am the first one who has this kind of disorder. Anyways, he told me to take much sleep as possible and a bed partner, he took note.”

Our manager and N gasped in surprise.

I sighed and left the two stunned in the corridor.

Actually, I don’t know what to feel about talking with the doctor. I thought my question would be answered but what the doctor told me only made my chest weighted even heavier.

Well, I have to observe myself from now on. I also need to find out what’s the cause of this disorder to trigger all of a sudden.

 

◄•••◘•••○•••◘•••♥•••◘•••○•••◘•••►

 

 

When we arrived back at the dorm, we were welcomed by the other members who were anxiously waiting for us.

“What happened? What the doctor said?”

All three of us (Including me, N and our manager) sighed helplessly.

“C’mon, let’s have an emergency meeting, guys.”

Our manager then pulled N and me to the living room where the other members are and we all took a sit on the floor.

 

“What is it, Hyung?” Ravi asked once they were all seated but our manager stayed silent.

Our manager then cleared his throat, as if his thoughts went away after taking a seat and went back after Ravi snapped at him.

“Our Taekwoonie needs a lot of sleep so we shouldn’t disturb him when he sleeps in the van, okay?”

The five members all nodded in unison, listeni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter