Mr. Park

Protecting You. [Hiatus]

NO ONE'S POINT OF VIEW

“Please Mr. Kim we want you to protect Mr. Park, he’s the only one that is able to help overturn North Korea’s president!” The bald man said.

“Isn’t South Korea’s government protection better then my protection?” Jaejoong asked as he looked at the Lieutenant of Defense. 

“Mr. Kim, our protection is not going to last for long. We have to admit your men are more skillful then ours, we do not have to assets as you to do this job. This is why we are asking you.”

“I find this funny, Mr. Lee,” Jaejoong turned around to look out his window, “You’ve tried to shut us down for so many years but now you are asking us for help?”

“We understand that you are still furious of the happenings last year, but now we understand the value of your company, and we know now that you are the only one that has the skillful men and power to protect Mr. Park.”

“The government doesn’t have the power to even protect one men? I find this so amusing.”

“Mr. Kim, we do not have anytime... How much do you want? We will pay!”

“Five billion won.”

“Mr. Kim... That is just too much.”

“Too much? Are you saying his value is less then five billion won?”

“...”

“Five billion by five that’s final or there will be no protecting,” Jaejoong turned looked at Junsu nodding his head.

“Men this way,” Junsu said gesturing the men to the door.

 

JAEJOONG’S POINT OF VIEW

 “Wasn’t that price too high?” Doona asked as she came into the room.

“No, it’s the right amount... I mean we are protecting a political figure here not any other mob bosses, this is reasonable.” 

I watched as she put down the file that she was holding on my desk, “This will be the guy that you will be protecting when you receive the money. His name is Jonghyun Park, fifty five years old with one daughter, he is a widower. When he was 23 he graduated top of Seoul University in Politics. When he was 26 he was elected to become a senator, he is extremely close with the president of South Korea. You can say that President Shin and Senator Park is like cloud and sky. Mr. Park contributed to the idea of making war deals with Japan and expanding our hands to different countries to tighten the relations. Mr. Park also is in close relations to the president of China and the States. You can say where ever he goes he makes friends. Every senator likes him and every foreign political figure thinks he’s a doll. Recently he was sent to North Korea to negotiate about trade and an accident happened. Mr. Park was in his hotel when someone tried to shoot and kill him, I guess an assassinator tried to kill him? Wait that is obvious, anyways... Rumors say that after the trade negotiations, Mr. Park overheard a conversation that he wasn’t suppose to when he was leaving the Ministry of Trade’s office. I think he passed a conference room where they were talking about North Korea’s next move to take the South or something? I’m not sure.”

“Hm, so we know a little about him that’s good, he seems like an interesting man,” I said as I watched Doona take a sip of my coffee.

“Yeah I know right? What a cool man, anyways continuing on North Korean spies are dispatched to kill Mr. Park before he makes his speech to the United Nations about the North. Also you where curious on why the government would really ask you to protect him, well it’s because. The South government war defense formations and routine secret information has been recently cracked into by the North so, South defense are currently in a mess. Enabling them to have the time to even care about Mr. Park’s safety that is why they want us to protect him.”

“Ah, I see.”

“So everything that Mr. Park knows about North Korea is critical and if he dies, then the knowledge that he obtained from the North will be lost. Thus we have to keep him alive.”

“Why can’t he record his knowing and then send it to the UN? Then if he dies nothing will be lost?”

“I don’t know, maybe they don’t really trust Mr. Park’s words unless he actually is physically there with the other leaders to talk about it?”

“What if he dies before he is able to make his speech to the UN?”

“Well there is his daughter, she was with him when he visited North Korea and she is the only one other than Mr. Park that knows.”

“Isn’t she a target as well then?”

“Well now the North is more into Mr. Park because Mr. Park actually has a status in the political world, while his daughter is only slowly succeeding his position.”

“So she is the second target after he dies, then shouldn’t she be protected by us?”

“Well she is already in the protection, with the FBI. She’s in America.”

“So they immediately sent her to America when she left North Korea... I see.”

“Yeah, if Mr. Park didn’t have anything to really complete and attend to in South Korea then he’d probably with his daughter now. But everything is in a mess and without him, the president will probably be at a lost right now.”

“Everything is going to be so busy and complicated when we protect this man, this is the reason I hate working with the government.”

“Well it’s going to be, I mean you’re basically jacking a lot of citizen taxes from the government to protect him.”

“I know,” I smiled at her, “But with the money that I get I’ll be able to feed you for your whole life.”

“Oppa, you’re funny, I’m a big girl now I don’t need you to house and take care of me.”

“Then why are you still living with me?” I teased.

“Because you’d be lonely without me of course,” she smiled.

“I would have so much more freedom without you though, I could bring in as many girls as I wanted without you being all naggy about protection and ,” I pouted.

“Then I’ll move out, I’ve found this really nice condo up west!”

“I was joking.”

“So was I,” I watched as she grinned.

“So did you find any new recruits?”

“Isn’t Changmin oppa doing that? I was only told to get you info about the senator.”

“Ah, right, then can you call him in please?”

“Sure,” She moved towards the exit but when she was in front of the door she stopped, “Oppa what you want for dinner?”

“... Let’s just go out with the boys...”

“Okay.” She left and in ten minutes Changmin came in with a huge grin on his face.

“How was the recruitment?”

“Well it went well until Jay hyung made all them cower in fear and some left,” I watched as a shorter boy walk in with a grin on his face.

“Jay, did you really scare them?”

“...Yes... But we did find some really great guys! There is these three groups where they call themselves, BEAST, INFINITE and SHINee. All weird group names but really highly skilled, if we trained them a little more they could be our next elites.. but they will never be good as us.” I watched as he boast and smiled widely.

“Really so we got these three groups?”

“Yes,” Changmin said smiling at me, “Hyung next time please don’t let Jay hyung help me!”

I laughed as Jay gave Changmin a glare, “Araso.”

I stood up and walked towards the exit, “Let’s go to check on what Junsu’s doing, he’s taking such a long time to show those guys out.” When we finally spotted Junsu I could see why he took so long, he was standing there talking to non other then Doona, she was laughing as he was doing wide hand motions.

“Ugh, I hate it when he makes her laugh,” Jay said as he narrowed his eyes at him. Junsu and Jay have always been in a competition for Doona for five years and it’s funny how they were still at it. Since high school Doona had always had some problems with both of them and seriously both of them were not good enough for her, that’s what I thought personally. I narrowed my eyes as I went to yank Junsu’s ears.

“AH AH AH! Hyung what are you doing?!”

“What are YOU doing?”

“I’m talking to Doona of course what else hyung?”

“Why do you always talk to her?”

“B-because I like her!”

I looked to Doona as she smiled at me, “Sorry oppa, did I keep him up to long?”

I softened up, “No.”

“Then why are you yanking my ear hyung?”

“Because...”

“Oppa, did you forget? You have a meeting today!” I looked at Doona as she eyed me with an amused look, pulling me towards the conference room. When we entered the conference room sitting on the chairs staring at me was Yunho and Yoochun, “Took you long enough,” Yunho said.

“Sorry was caught up with new business.”

“Oh really, who are we going to protect now hyung?”

“Senator Park.”

“Are you serious?” Yunho said eyeing me.

“Yes, why not?”

“No, I’m just asking if you are serious.”

I looked at him, shaking my head.

“So when are we exactly going to start protecting him?” Yoochun ask.

“I don’t know, tomorrow the next day? Not until I get my money.”

-

“Hello, yes he’s speaking, uh huh. I see thank you, we’ll pick Mr. Park right away,” I hung up the phone and quickly dialed Yunho’s number. “It’s me, yeah. I want you to pick Mr. Park up from the airport, he’s just came back from a meeting from Japan. Yeah, the money was sent to our account. I’ll get Doona to check to see if it’s through, right now go get him. I’ll see you tonight. Bye.”