Revenge Is A Dish Best Served...No, That's It, Just Served

Revenge Is A Dish Best Served...No, That's It, Just Served ~ A Oneshot Request For iapple

 “He did what?!” Hyuna snaps. If we were manga characters, you would see the little anger marks all over her face. She's clearly not too pleased with my recent change in line up.

 

“I said that Byunhun broke up with me,” I say nonchalantly. I raise my arms above my head to stretch.

 

“Why?” Hyuna explodes, demanding to know an answer.

 

I shrug. “I dunno, he just said that he didn't feel any special connection to me anymore. He said something about moving on.”

 

“And you're okay with that?”

 

I bite my lip. I mean, I wasn't thrilled that my boyfriend had wanted to break up with me, but I wasn't exactly holding him back either. If he wanted to break up with me, what was I going to do?

 

“I guess,” I retort feebly, shrugging. She raises her hand and I flinch, expecting her to slap my cheek. She instead taps my shoulder. I relax my stance a little.

 

“Listen, you can't be okay with this,” Hyuna insists, grabbing my shoulders. “I betcha he did this because of some other girl. And I'm not gonna have it!”

 

“Hyuna, I don't care,” I say sternly, pushing her off of me. I turn around to leave her. “I've moved on, so let's just forget about everything, okay?”

 

She scampers up to my side and smirks. I raise an eyebrow.

 

“What's that face for?” I ask her defensively.

 

“Woo Ji Kyung, newly single and available,” she giggles, adding a bounce to her step. “And about to get a lesson in dishing out revenge.” She claps loudly.

 

“Uhm, I'm no chef, so how am I gonna do that?” I snort, rolling my eyes.

 

Hyuna saunters out in front of me now and twirls on the ball of her foot. “Just trust me, alright?” she pleads, clasping her hands together. “I know how stubborn you are. So you're fine with it. Then you should be fine with getting a little revenge on your lovely ex-boyfriend. If not for your sake, for my personal gain. How does that sound?”

 

As strange as it sounds, it doesn't sound too bad. My growing smile seems to agree for me, because Hyuna grabs my hand and skips with me all the way home.

 

 

 

“Jiho-yah, open the door!” Hyuna bellows, kicking my younger twin brother's door with her heel.

 

“Ya, go away!” my brother barks, a thump coming from behind the door. My guess is that he tossed something our way.

 

I tap Hyuna's shoulder. “Leave him alone, he's no fun,” I sigh, pushing her away from the door. My older brother passes us in the hallway, but stops when I call out for him.

 

“Taewoon Oppa, can you get Jiho to open the door, please?” I beg, batting my large eyes. He raises an eyebrow and puts his hands on his hips.

 

“Why, I don't need anything from our room,” he sighs, trying to leave. I reach out and snatch his hand before he gets anywhere.

 

I smirk. “Get Jiho to open the door or I'm gonna tell Umma all about those leud magazine clippings-”

 

“Jiho-yah, open the damn door!” Taewoon Oppa yells, slamming his fist repeatedly against his bedroom door.

 

Jiho pokes his head out. “What for?” he grunts. “Everyone leave me alone-”

 

Hyuna takes the opportunity to slam the door open. “Victory is mine~” she sings, pouncing onto his bed.

 

“Eww, Hyuna, get off of it, who knows what's been in there! Or who,” I snicker, punching my brother's arm.

 

“What's that supposed to mean?!” Jiho snaps, his eyes flashing back towards a retreating Taewoon Oppa. “Where do you think you're going?!”

 

“My work here is done,” Taewoon Oppa resigns, scratching his ear as he walks away.

 

“Oh, I don't think it is,” Jiho snarls, following him with the intent to kill. He slams the door behind himself, leaving Hyuna and I alone.

 

Hyuna giggles. “Who would have thought that your brother would be helping us,” she thinks aloud, rummaging through some of his drawers.

 

“Now, tell me again what you need from my brother?” I ask, using two fingers to pick up some magazine from my brother's bed. I take one look at the first image I see and toss it to the floor. Gosh, my brothers are such pigs.

 

“Found it!” Hyuna proudly proclaims as she whips out Jiho's phone. “This!”

 

“And what is 'this'?” I ask, pointing to the phone. She flips it open and starts going through his contacts.

 

“I'm looking for a number...” she says, deeply concentrating on finding a name.

 

I smile and open the door a crack. “Well, I'm not liable for any dirty pictures you find on Jiho's phone!” I shout loudly, closing the door once I've made my public announcement.

 

Hyuna's eyes raise up from the phone screen. “Was that really necessary?” she sighs, jotting down a number.

 

A set of angry footsteps hop up the stairwell. I smile innocently. “I think so,” I giggle.

 

 

 

“Uhm, and what did you say your name was again?” I ask, pulling nervously at my ear lobe.

 

“K-Kim Yukwon,” he blushes, his eyes wandering. I smile faintly and follow his lead, watching as a crowd of bustling people walks down the street.

 

“Hey, I'm...sorry that my friend's making you do this,” I try, bringing my straw up to my lips. “I told her not to bother strangers...”

 

He smiles innocently. “Nah, it's cool, honest,” he says kindly, leaning on an elbow and flicking at the tip of his napkin. “Plus you're Jiho's sister, right? Anything for a friend.”

 

“Well, your friend did nothing to plan this,” I say, leaning back a little. “Some brother he is, always looking out for his Noona.”

 

“Why, did something happen?” Yukwon asks, intrigued. He leans on both his arms and forward, towards me.

 

I blush. He has an adorable, pure smile, and soft, pondering eyes. Aish, I'm distracting myself.

 

“Uhm, not really,” I answer truthfully. “My boyfriend just broke up with me, is all.” I look up and see him staring at me with pity in his eyes. I wave my hands in front of my face. “No, it's cool, really, I'm fine with it!”

 

He raises a curious eyebrow. “You sure about that?”

 

I sigh. “Fine, if I say that I was a little agitated at the fact that he told me it was for another girl, would that make it more justified?” I blurt, my inner thoughts slipping through my lips. “If I said that I really, really hate players, and yet I still forgive him...would that make it okay to be fine with it?”

 

Yukwon stares at me as I cut myself short with my question. “Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question,” I state curtly, leaning on an elbow.

 

His sad gaze never leaves me. I sigh. “Listen, I'm sorry-”

 

“Are you feeling any better?”

 

As much as I want to stare into the street and look vacant, Yukwon's question captivates my attention. The smile he flashes me with his eyes sends a chill down my spine.

 

I smile faintly. “A little,” I answer sheepishly. “Sorry for overwhelming you like that.”

 

“Nah, it's cool,” he insists, brushing it off like it was nothing. “Besides, I think that you're friend did this so you could just relax and get some stuff of your chest.”

 

“Uhm, yeah, sure,” I sigh, knowing well that Hyuna wasn't only thinking about me feeling better.

 

“So!” Yukwon bounces up, starling me. “Let's liven up this party! Let's play twenty questions!”

 

“Let's not,” I tease, giggling a little. “But I will answer whatever you want to ask me.”

 

Yukwon smiles. “Okay, what do you like to do in your spare time, since you seem to have a lot of that now.”

 

I ponder the thought. “Well, I like to fight,” I answer, smiling.

 

Yukwon stares at me intently. “Uhm, okay then?” he says uncertainly.

 

“Kidding!” I joke, giggling. “Well, I really love dancing-”

 

“Really?” he asks excitedly. “Me too! It's one of my favorite things to do!”

 

I can't help but smile in response. Aish, I dunno, something just feels...right about this. He notices my cheesy grin and calls me out on it.

 

“You like to smile, too?” he winks, teasing my awkward smile.

 

I cover my cheeks. “And laugh too, if it makes you feel any better,” I giggle, trying not to look his way.

 

“Ya, don't avoid me!” he calls out, reaching over the table to grab my face. “I'm still talking to you, ya know.” He winks again.

 

“Aish, you're so weird!” I laugh, swatting his hand away.

 

“Am I really that strange to you?” he asks facetiously. Our eyes lock and I feel like I stop breathing.

 

Oh, gosh...I've gotten this feeling before.

 

When I first met Byunhun.

 

“Yes, yes you are,” I say, sticking my tongue out and folding my arms across my chest. “The strangest person I've ever met.”

 

“Being related to Jiho-ya, I find that hard to believe.”

 

I spurt out my drink at the comment. And I find myself falling in love all over again.

 

 

 

I stand behind the corner of a wall, phone at the ready, holding my breath as they look into each other's eyes.

 

Ji Kyung's face deepens to a cherry red, and turns in my direction.

 

Oh, please don't see me, please don't-

 

Then his hand barely grazes her cheek, as if to beg for attention.

 

I flick the record button on my phone.

 

Just you wait, Lee Byunhun. I'll make sure you realize what you're missing out on. She deserves so much better.

 

And you know what? I think she's found it.

______________________________________________

Dragon note~

Aish, such an ambiguous ending XD

But I loved writing this story, especially the little scene with Jiho Oppa and Taewoon Oppa XD ♥

For the record, I don't think they're like that in real life, but it's fun to play off of the erted guy idea XD

So thank you all for reading, and I hope you all enjoyed~ Especially iapple ♥