Settling In

Best Of Both Worlds

“JONGIN it’s so good to see you” Luhan squealed, he dumped his bag and wrapped his arms around Kais shoulders despite him being half .

“Woah you don’t want to give Sehun the wrong idea now do you haha” Kai says as he gently releases himself from Luhan

“So Luhan this is Sehun and Sehun this is Luhan, you remember me saying how my friend would be coming to stay with us for a while right this is him he got into a part time course so he is allowed to room with us for now”

“Ahh thought he was some random newbie aha hey sorry about that Luhan right?”

“yea” Luhan said while gathered his forgotten bag and introduced himself, “I get that allot the looking like a kid thing so it’s alright but from now on it hyung to you okay”. Luhan smiles “Kai tells me you are both same age friends and I’m 2 years older than him.”

“Yeah I’m the youngest with in our friend group, great another hyung to boss me about huh?” Sehun grins at luhan “we shall see” Luhan smiles back

While Kai is complaining about freezing his balls off the three of them all get settled into the dorm.

It is fairly spacious more like a studio flat than a dorm room. It had an open living area and kitchen at one side and then a bedroom which was more private along with the bathroom through a door at the other side.

While Kai and Luhan caught up Sehun went to go and read in the bedroom giving the two best friends some privacy.

“Sehun seems really nice” luhan comments as they both lay on the sofa “yeah he is a good kid”

“Kai he is not that much older than you ahah”

“Yeah I know but he is just so oblivious to most things, I swear I think Kyungsoo wants to adopt the poor kid”

“Ahaha so he would be like you’re kid huh?” luhan laughs as he thinks about Kais long term boyfriend Kyungsoo, He is a lovely boy just a year younger than himself. He remembers first being introduced to Kyungsoo when Luhan had come to visit Kai just before he debuted 2 years ago. Kyungsoo had an anger problem which you would not have imagined. Luhan remembers when Kai and Kyungsoo had first started dating and Kyungsoo looked to him for advice.

“You saying it out loud sounds wrong now haha” Kai replied  “so Sehun and him get on I mean they must because I know Kyungsoo is always over here because half of the time its him who picks up your phone”

 “Yeah they do, Sehun at first was very quiet but over time became more comfortable around us and I think him being so quiet at first made Kyungsoo want protect him considering how he used to be the same but more a little ball of anger unlike Sehun”

“awh Soo can be so cute sometimes haha”. “I know right” Kai agreed

“I think you will be just fine here you know all the other guys and honestly Kyungsoo is buzzing to see you again”

“I’m glad”. “How about you though how was it to come here all alone like a big boy huh?” Kai teased Luhan nudging his side.

“Ugh it was so stressful though I was lost about 4 times without manager gege but is was good to just go about doing my thing like normal like how it used to be”

“yeah its gonna be a big change for you now, you’re just lucky you know Korean so well”

“That indeed” Luhan laughs. Just then the Door goes and Kyungsoo is heard shouting from outside the door “Kaiiiiiiiiiiiii let me in” he shouts But before Kai can even detangle himself from Luhan Sehun had skidded out of the bedroom and let Kyungsoo in himself.

Just as quick as he had come out Sehun was off into the kitchen declaring he was making coffee and if anyone wanted one. Coming back Sehun placed everyone’s drinks on the table and plonked himself in a chair. Looking around he noticed that Luhan seemed to now Kyungsoo quite well as they were chatting very enthusiastically while kai was on the other side of Kyungsoo happily drinking his tea that Sehun mad him.

“Kai you introduced them yes?” Kyungsoo asked indicating to Luhan and Sehun “yeah all done hey we even managed to sort out bed and space arrangements no bother either”

“That’s good” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Hyung are come and make me food” Kai whined too his boyfriend dragging him to the kitchen

Luhan finally got a change to drink his coffee now Kyungsoo was away and they had now caught up with each other “Thanks for the coffee” Luhan gestured to Sehun. “It’s no problem Hyung” Sehun laughed towards Luhan “Seems like you are a coffee person like me, Kai prefers tea” Sehun casually comments.

“Yeah when in China promoting I used to drink iced coffee like water” Luhan says “it Must have been tiring, I mean all the idols here have it bad so it must be no different in China” Sehun says.

“Yeah but it’s not all bad I have a really good manager and my mum is really supportive, plus I really like what I do its fun”

“That’s good then. I considered being a dancer a few years ago along with Kai but since we need to study so much as well as do our selective class ours being dance it’s been pretty difficult to fully focus on dancing. You’d think they would want you to concentrate on our main class the most but apparently not”

“I know Kai still wants to become one, we used to practice dances together it was fun. I never knew Dance was what you took here though. Yeah when I was told I had to take 3 other classes apart from my main dance I thought it was pretty crap”. “Yeah it is me and Kai have most classes together”.

“I guess I will be in your class also then my manager got me into Kai’s dance class so I was not a loner at first haha”

“Awesome I want to see you dance although you are in a boy group I have never seen anything by EXO M, Kai keeps updated with you but I had no reason to take interest, oh no offence”

“Yeah I like it when kai sends me videos whether it be r him reacting to MV or covers of our dances and its all right”

“Maybe later I can show you some of our stuff by EXO M” Luhan says “yeah that would be cool”

They sit and watch the current weather update when they hear Kyungsoo giggling from the kitchen

“don’t you get sick of them being so lovey dover” Luhan asks Sehun as he looks over towards the boys in the kitchen eating each other’s faces so it seems “aha nah they normally keep it PG when I’m in the same room, plus there are normally always some of the other guys here so it’s not just me being a third wheel” Sehun laughs “plus they are really good together they keep each other on track you know”

“Yeah I do, the way Kai talks about him makes me want to try dating” Seeing the other boys confused face luhan quickly says “I mean being an idol I was not allowed to”

“oh right I’m with you now” Sehun replies “Most of the girls here though are  annoying” sehun tells him “That’s alright then I’m not interested in girls anyway” Luhan says. “that makes everyone in our friend group gay then” Sehun laughs “I do warn when you meet the others there is another couple with in us but I’m sure Kai will fill you in on us all later” Sehun laughs knowingly.

Kyungsoo had made them all dinner and went off to study. Soon enough Luhans first day in Seoul was over, he found it pretty fun getting ready for bed together it reminded him of a sleepover or back in the EXO M dorm. They all discussed what classes they had tomorrow and promised to give luhan a tour of the school and to meet the others. Luhan called his mother and Xiumin before he went to bed, before falling asleep he thought about how glad he was that Sehun was a really nice guy and that he was fine with Luhans situation and living with them.