Getting Closer

Cliché : Just A Complicated Story

The italic are flashback and the normal are present time

 


 

It’s September year 2011, my first day being a university student. I entered the class hesitately, I found there are so many people already and I just sat in the empty seat I could see. Since I barely knew anyone, I tried to be friendly and greeted the girl who sat in front of me. She was laughing with some other girls happily as they’re talking about some boy groups..

 

“ Hi, I’m Yoona. Nice to meet you, guys,” I smiled friendly.

 

“ Oh. Hi, my name is Jessica. Nice to meet you too, Yoona,” the brunette girl flashed a smile.

 

“ Are you into boy group, too?” I asked curiously.

 

“ Yea! You, too?”

 

“ Yes! I love MBLAQ and B1A4!” I stated cheerfully.

 

“ Me, too. MBLAQ is awesome~” Jessica giggled, “ Ah. Anyway, this is Kwon Yuri,” she said, pointing at the girl who sat next to her silently.

 

The girl had a black hair and she tied it into a ponytail, she had a grin plastered on her face.

 

“ Oh. Hi, I’m Yoona. Nice to meet you,” I bowed politely.

 

“ Nice to meet you, too!” she smiled.

 

The next moment, I was chatting happily with Jessica and some other girls who also like KPOP. I was not sure about Yuri, though. She was friendly, but she didn’t say even a thing when we’re chatting. So, I assumed she didn’t really know the groups we’re talking about..

 

Jessica was a pretty girl and she really took so much care about how she looked like. Quiet a complete opposite of me, since I loved being simple..

 

“ You met her? Then? Did you say ‘hi’?” Yuri asked.

 

“ I don’t have any guts to greet her.. Also, she passed me by without even looking..” I explained.

 

“ Aish. I thought we’re okay now. But she keeps avoiding us, doesn’t she?” Sooyoung hissed. I knew she’s pissed off because of the way Sica treated us.

 

“ Let’s just think possitive, she probably didn’t see Yoong..”

 

After the class was over, me, Sica, Yuri, and some girls decided to have a tour around the college since we’re new there. Jessica was walking beside me and we’re singing some random song..

 

“ Hi, there.. I’m Kim Taeyeon,” a girl greeted me with a gentle smile.

 

“ Hi! I’m Yoona,” I spoke, flashing a bright smile.

 

“ Eonnie, you should join us and we could go crazy together,” Sica said.

 

“ Eonnie?” I tilted my head in confusion.

 

“ Yea. She’s a year older than us,” Yuri informed.

 

“ Aaahh..” and I could only nod.

 

I didn’t even know why was I used to be around them in a very short time, but from that day onwards, the four of us always ended up together. In each class, I would sit together with Tae-eonnie and Yuri plus Sica were sitting in front of our seat. We’re getting along very well, though I was closer with Sica rather than Yuri since we both love KPOP. Still, the one I was comfortable with the most was Tae-eonnie, well, it’s simply because we shared the same hobbies, writing stories and reading..

 

After all, I still know nothing about Yuri, except for her name. She’s friendly and all, but somehow I felt like she was only comfortable with Sica or something. Yet, because it’s not my place to say a thing, I left them the way they used to be. It’s not really a matter, isn’t it?

 

There was an event for those freshmen in our college, it’s like an inauguration where we –all of the freshmen– had to do some kind of performance in that night and our class decided to make a drama with most of the class members masqueraded as branches of a sakura tree. Of course we needed a very many preparation for that crazy idea from someone in the name of Kwon Yuri. Almost everyday we would gather in a certain place that far from our divition building, only to make the properties. The painting of the sakura tree itself and not to mention, the flowers.

 

It was like a snap when suddenly and randomly I got a idea for my story. I rushed to get a my note, but my bag was nowhere to be found and Yuri who was sitting beside me stared at me in confusion..

 

“ What’s the matter?” she asked in questioning look.

 

“ Need my bag ASAP!! Or else I’ll forget this whole idea!!” I said, panicked. Well, I have short-tempered memory that I tend to forget things rather quickly. It’s the reason I always have my notebook everywhere I go, so I won’t loose any idea for my story.

 

“ Idea?”Yuri tilted her head.

 

“ Yep! For my fanfic!!” I answered, just then I found my bag and noted the idea right away. On the other hand, I felt Yuri’s eye on me and when I looked at her, I found her staring at me with curiosity in her eyes.

 

“ What?” I asked.

 

“ You’re a fanfiction writer, too?” she smiled.

 

“ Eh? Too? You’re..”

 

“ Yeah. I write some fanfics, too!” she said cheerfully.

 

“ Woa~ I never think that you’d be a fanfics author, too..” I said.

 

“ Kekeke.. I never thought that you either..” she chuckled,“ What’s your fandom anyway?”

 

“ Well.. I’m writing KPOP fanfic. And you?”

 

“ Is that so? I’m not into KPOP, actually. I write some anime fanfic. You know BLEACH, Naruto.. Things like that..”

 

“ Aaaahh..” I nodded.

 

“ What genre do you write?” she asked casually.

 

“ Eerr.. Some romance comedy.. Basically I write any kind of genre, it’s just.. I’m more specialized in romance kind of stories..”

 

“ I think that’s great.. I’m specialized in comedy, I guess..” she said as she grinned,“ Do you write straight stories? Or maybe or yuri?” she asked.

 

That moment, I was so lost since I don’t know what did she mean by ‘’ and ‘yuri’. Yuri is her name, isn’t it?

 

“ Uhm.. I’m sorry.. I don’t get what you mean..” I scrapped my nape,“ What do you mean with ‘’ and ‘yuri’? Isn’t Yuri your name?” I tilted my head, stared at her in confusion.

 

“ W-what? You don’t know what and yuri means?” she asked in disbelief and I only nodded.

 

“ Eeerr.. How should I put this?.. Uhm.. is.. You know, gay relationship? Boys love? Things like that.. Yuri is the opposite of it. Lesbian kind relationship.. Get it?”

 

“ A-aaaahh..”

 

And that’s how I got closer to Yuri, occasionally I would share my idea with her, asking for her opinion since I figured that she’s been writing fanfiction longer than me. I’ve only just barely started in the moment. I was only writing ordinary stories, before. With my own imaginational people as the characters. So, I was kinda looked up on her a lot and also she’s such a great editor. She knew very well about the right using of words, punctuation, etc. Uhm.. I mean , in our language.. ^^

 

It was just from that day onwards, Yuri and I always end up together when we’re going home. Yuri’s dorm was near the bus stop where I usually get my bus. She would wait for me to get a bus, then she went back to her dorm. It’s a routine up until now. I still hung out with Sica and Tae-eonnie, so everything was completely fine, or so I thought. Until that one day, Yuri asked me to accompany her to a mall ‘cause she wanted to buy a new shirt for the inauguration day. We got a dress code for IT day, and it’s pink and white. Yuri who didn’t have any white nor pink shirt, decided to buy one. Well, she hates pink, okay? And white was.. So easy to get dirt.. That’s what she said..

 

We told our classmates that we went and asked them to tell Sica as well, just in case she was looking for us since by the time we left, she hadn’t come..

 

“ I think, you better text her,” I said when we’re on the bus.

 

Well, as for me, even if I already asked my other friends to tell my bestest –is this even a word?– friend that I went to somewhere, I prefer telling her by myself. Uhm, it’s just.. She’s my best friend. The best deserved special treatment, I guess? I’m not the type that went all friendly with everyone.. I open up only, note that, ONLY with people I really close to..

 

“ It’s okay.. It’s not like I must ask her permission whenever I go to somewhere without her..” Yuri stated lightly.

 

“ If you say so..”

 

So, we went to the mall, picking up some shirts for Yuri. Since I’ve nothing to buy, I was just looking around, helping her to find some good stuffs. Oh! Have I tell you that Yuri’s style is very, I mean VERY, boyish? She always wear a shirt with her prized possession black jacket and a pair of trousers. Not skinny jeans nor any other stylish trousers. It’s baggy. Oh, all of her outfits are baggy, including her shoes!! I don’t even know why did she buy the shoes that bigger from her original size.. -____-

 

 To tell you the truth, she’s not only boyish in her appearance, but also in her attitude and character. I’ve been thinking all the time if she’s really a girl or she’s a boy who was trapped in woman’s body.. .___.

 

After a veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy looooooooooonnnngggg time of picking and trying the clothes, finally, FINALLY she’s paying it. Yeah, she ended up only buying ONE simple white-coloured T-shirt with some writing on it. And we spent around two hours, only to pick that freakin’ shirt.. Nah, with this complicated way of thinking and kinda picky side of her, I’m quite sure that she’s a girl. Maybe..

 

We’re going back to campus right after it. When we arrived I saw the not so cheerful Sica. Is something wrong? Usually she’s kinda talkative and she’s one of the mood maker in our class, but now she’s very quiet. Only making the paper flowers in silence..

 

“ Sica-ya, need a hand?” I asked carefully.

 

“ No,” she replied shortly without even looking at my face.

 

“ O-okay..” decided not to disturb her, I went to other side and help the others and I saw Yuri made her way beside Jessica.

 

The thing that made me confused is how she’s changing her mood in the speed of lightning with Yuri’s presence. Now, I could see her smiling while having a chat with Yul. I dragged my feet towards the two, since the others didn’t need much help because there were quite many people while there were only several people who made paper flowers..

 

Silently, I sat beside Tae-eonnie and helping them with the flowers, but then I realized something. Jessica Jung is being all quiet again..

 

“ Sica-ya, what’s wrong?” I gathered my courage to ask, only to find myself being ignored. Aaah.. Let’s think positive! Maybe she didn’t hear me, but I never ask her again.

 

Quietly, I nudged Tae-eonnie..

 

“ Eonnie, is it just me or Sica is angry at me?” I asked in whisper.

 

“ Aaahh.. I don’t know. Maybe it’s only you..” Tae-eonnie answered.

 

“ But..”

 

“ Nah, stay possitive, okay? Maybe, it’s that day of the month.. You know, girls are very sensitive in those period..”

 

“ Okay..”

 

For your information, what I felt that day was never wrong. It was NOT just me. She’s MAD at me that day..

 


 

Here's the official first chapter for you, guys~

I'm very sorry that it took a very long time..

*bow*

Anyway, because there's too much thing going on in my life..

I can't rember the exact timeline..

but, that's all true..

It's just the timeline could be slightly off..

><

Leave me some comments, okay??

Let me know what you think~

Don't forget to subcribe and upvote~

Tehee~

XDDD