yewook: unfamiliar ground

I Majored In 'Partying'


title: unfamiliar ground

pairing: yewook (girl!ryeowook)

rating: g

a/n: semi-future verse (remember this is all not in chrono order)

 

 


 

 

Jongwoon whistled as he hoisted his bag more securely over his shoulders, wrinkling his nose as it crumpled the edges of his shirt slightly. He liked this shirt, it was a nice shirt, it made him look nice. And he wanted to look nice for when he saw Ryeowook again. They hadn't seen each other for a week, seeing as he was away visiting relatives coupled with the back to back gigs he had to play before that, it didn't really bode well for quality time spent together. 

 

 

Striding down the familiar corridor, he smiled to himself at the thought of seeing his girlfriend again. It was exciting, and a little scary when he realised exactly how much he'd missed her.

 

He knocked on the door, waiting patiently.

 

It was great. Dating Ryeowook was awesome. It was - , his thoughts cut off as the door opened and a bleary eyed Ryeowook stood in the doorway blinking at him before her eyes flew open in shock. Her jaw fell open as well and she screamed, before slamming the door in his face.

 

Jongwoon blinked. It was - not going well? That was startling.

 

He rapped on the door again, slightly anxious now, and again when the door didn't open immediately. The door finally creaked open on his third knock and Henry yawned in his face. 'What?'

 

'Um. Did Ryeowook just run from the door?'

 

'Good morning to you too,' Henry said grumpily and stared until Jongwoon returned the greeting hurriedly.

 

'Yeah I wondered why she slammed the door this hard this early in the morning. People are sleeping man,' Henry stepped aside to let Jongwoon in and watched as he bent down to unbuckle his boots. 'I knew I should have said no when Donghae hyung said having a girl for a roommate would be good for us.'

 

Jongwoon wrinkled his nose. He had never liked the fact that Ryeowook was rooming with a bunch of guys but since Donghae was gay and Henry seemed to be a bum, he'd managed to rein in the jealousy. For the most part. He tuned Henry out as he stepped out of his boots, more worried about Ryeowook than anything else at the moment. A crash came from the direction of the rooms and they both turned, Jongwoon dropping his bag on the ground.

 

There was a muffled wail. 'I look like ing !' That was Ryeowook's voice. Another thump and a yell. That was probably Donghae. 'Stop hitting me!'

 

He knocked tentatively on the door leading to Donghae's room, brow creasing as he heard all noise and movement cease inside. 'Ryeowook? Can I come in?'

 

'N - no?'

 

'Jesus,' he heard Donghae curse out and the door swung open as Donghae pulled on a shirt. 'Please for the love of God, do come in.' He stumbled into the living room and collapsed onto the couch where Henry was, cuddling up and going back to sleep immediately.

 

Jongwoon made to step into the room but the door slammed shut in his face again, catching him on the hand and he yelped. 'Christ!' He squeezed his hand, wincing.

 

He briefly considered pounding on the door with his injured hand just to get a little sympathy in the hopes that his girlfriend might open the door but he didn't have much time to think it over before the door opened and he was yanked inside. 

 

Blinking rapidly to adjust his eyes to the darkness, Jongwoon raised his hands and walked slowly to avoid bumping into anything. 'Ryeowook? Why is it so dark in here?'

 

A small whimper and Jongwoon spun in that direction. Carefully. He wasn't all that coordinated and falling down in the dark wasn't going to help him get any explanations. When he'd finally reached the bed and settled on top of it - he just hoped it wasn't Donghae's bed - , he had managed to find Ryeowook's hand and he petted it blindly.

 

They sat in silence.

 

'So are you going to tell me why you slammed the door in my face?'

 

Another whimper and Jongwoon's hand tensed around hers. 'Are you hurt baby?'

 

'You're going to break up with me,' Ryeowook wailed pitifully and Jongwoon's heart stopped.

 

What? He mouthed mutely to himself. He'd done nothing (that he recalled) to give Ryeowook that impression. He'd just gotten home for goodness sake and he'd come straight to look for Ryeowook. 'Why would you think that!'

 

'Because - ' Ryeowook hiccuped and Jongwoon smacked his own face in the dark as he tried to put an arm around her shoulders. 'Because you came home early, and - and I - look like and you used to date the - the hottest girls on cam - campus and now you're going to think I'm ugly!' She ended with a plaintive cry, burying her face in the shirt that he was so proud of earlier and Jongwoon wasn't sure if he was supposed to laugh or cry himself.

 

'I used to date the hottest girls on campus?'

 

'You would pick that part to fixate on,' she sniffled as she rubbed at her eyes. 'Yes the hottest girls on campus. Your harem remember?'

 

'People called them my harem?'

 

'That's not the point!' She shrilled and he folded her laughingly into his arms.

 

'Ssh, stop crying now. You know I don't compare you to any of those previous girls.'

 

'But Victoria's so much taller and ier than me, and I know people faint when Tiffany smiles at them, I've seen it! I bet they don't even get bad hair or zits,' Ryeowook pouted, secretly taking the chance to inhale Jongwoon's scent. She sighed. He had been away awhile and she had missed him a lot. She just didn't get the chance to tell him before she had shrieked like a banshee.

 

Jongwoon hummed. 'Victoria spits when she talks,' he said decidedly as Ryeowook choked back a sudden bout of laughter. 'Like when she gets agitated and her Korean gets all jumbled up. And Tiffany's not that cute. You get sick of her cute after awhile. It's all the same thing. Jessica could cut glass with her eyes alone. Jiyeon was an annoying - '

 

'Don't talk to me about that ,' Ryeowook snapped out and Jongwoon obliged smilingly. He knew that would get Ryeowook's attention.

 

Her fingers played with his shirt and he carded his hands through her long hair carefully. 'You really don't mind me looking like this?'

 

'I think it's adorable. I mean, in the future when you move in with me, I'm going to wake up to you looking like this anyway.'

 

Ryeowook flew out of his arms immediately, dragging the curtains open and pressing herself against the far side of the wall and Jongwoon laughed heartily. She squeaked and slapped at his hands as he reached out to hug her and he fell back onto the bed laughing again. 'Why would you say that! We never - I mean - we're not - ' she fell to muttering as he embraced her, nuzzling gently at her neck.

 

'I know it's still a long way off - '

 

'It's a very long way off! We've only been dating for two months!'

 

'Oh but trust me,' Jongwoon tugged at her earlobe with his teeth and she gripped at his shirtsleeves quickly. 'It will happen.'

 

She shoved him away again and ran for the bathroom, squeaking that she was going to shower but Jongwoon expected it and caught her, dragging her to the bed and seating her in his lap. 'You're not running away from me again.'

 

'But I stink! And I'm in sweatpants. I think my hair smells Jongwoon oppa, just let me - '

 

'No,' Jongwoon said firmly, trapping her arms with his. 'You're not going anywhere. Not until I get my welcome home kiss.' He mock pouted. 'And an apology for my hand.'

 

Ryeowook huffed. 'It was your own fault for trying to barge in.'

 

'I was worried about you!'

 

'Well I was worried about my hair!'

 

Jongwoon laughed, reaching to peck her on the nose and taking advantage of her surprise to kiss her full on the mouth. He had missed this, missed her. People nowadays, calling him whipped. It was a stark contrast to his previous 'relationships', if they could even be called that. He figured harem was a good word, not that he was ever telling Ryeowook that. She melted into him, clutching at his arms and tipping her head back to kiss him harder. 

 

Ryeowook broke the kiss. 'Maybe I should just brush my - '

 

Jongwoon groaned and kissed her again.

 
 

 
a/n: i swear i love f(x) and snsd to bits ^^ mostly for sheena lmao