kangyeon: i fell in love in the library once upon a time

I Majored In 'Partying'

 


title: i fell in love in the library once upon a time

pairing: kangyeon (kangin/taeyeon)

rating: g

 

 


 

 

Sungmin tucked his football helmet under his arm as he jogged out to the field, adrenaline pumping through his veins and excitement already building up within him. It was the first game of the season and he was already raring to go. He barely heard the roars and the cheers of the home crowd that filled the stadium he was due to play in in a few minutes; he was too busy reviewing plays and passes in his head. There was a thump on his shoulder and he grinned through his helmet at Siwon next to him. 
 
They huddled together, listening to the coach break down some of the last minute plays and tips and Sungmin put his hands in together with the team. 'Fighting!' They yelled. They were a good team and they were going to kill it.
 
The familiar high-pitched cheers of the cheerleading squad reached his ears and he grinned, waving at the crowd and showing his signature peace sign in a bid to show how confident he was. Youngwoon was doing the same next to him, except he ended up ogling the cheerleaders instead. Sungmin sighed, same old Youngwoon. It was like they were still in high school.
 
Sungmin snorted as Youngwoon's head cocked a little, watching the cheerleaders kick up into a leg extension and then a split on the ground. 'Dude, head in the game remember?'
 
'What? Yeah, yeah give me a second.'
 
'The second's over now. Stop thinking with the head in your pants and use the one on your shoulders please.'
 
Youngwoon was a few steps away from drooling. 'But look at her Sungmin! The one with the big s over there at the corner. She's hot!'
 
Sungmin squinted a little before frowning, 'The one with her hair in a high ponytail?'
 
'Yeah!'
 
Sungmin took the opportunity to smash his helmet into Youngwoon's, causing him to stagger back a few steps in shock. 'Sungmin, what the ?'
 
'That's my younger sister, you .'
 
'Oh.'
 
There was a pause.
 
'Sorry.'
 
Sungmin flipped him the finger.
 
-
 
Youngwoon braced himself for the oncoming human flood, laughing and cheering along with the rest of his team as they swarmed him, chanting, 'Titans! Titans! Titans!' First game of the season and they had already trashed the away team, it was going to be a good season; he could feel it. Or maybe that was just the team crushing him. 
 
He grunted as the swarm pushed him to the floor and he smacked his helmet into the poor unfortunate soul under him. It turned out to be Hyukjae and the latter grinned up at him, still roaring the name of their team even as he was flattened by numerous bodies. 
 
It was ten minutes before he was finally free of the huddle and he smacked Sungmin on the back. 'Good game man. You ran like the wind.'
 
'Likewise,' Sungmin returned the smile, dusting off the mud from his uniform and laughing at the rest of the team still trapped under the huddle. 'You going to the party tonight? It's at Siwon's house, and you know how huge that place is.'
 
'It's not a house, it's a freaking mansion, but no. I got other plans tonight.'
 
Sungmin raised an eyebrow. 'Our playboy going out alone instead of hooking up at the party? Does said playboy have a date?' He narrowed his eyes and shifted his stance subtly. 'Is it my sister?'
 
'No you idiot, and just for that, I'm not telling you.'
 
'Aw come on!' Sungmin groaned. 'That's mean dude.'
 
Youngwoon laughed in his face, raising two fingers in a salute before he turned and jogged off. 'So are you!'
 
He had a reason for not telling of course. After waving the rest of the team off in the showers and out the door, Youngwoon visibly relaxed. It was his secret and his secret alone. He wasn't going to tell anyone until it was dragged out of his cold dead body. Straightening his t-shirt in front of the mirror, Youngwoon made sure he had put on enough deodorant to not smell like he had been flattened by fifty other guys on the football field an hour again before leaving the locker room with his duffel bag.
 
He made his way to the library with quick steps, running his hand through his hair as he did so. The stray water drops made him grimace, he just hoped he didn't look like a wet dog. The library, Youngwoon snorted inwardly. The guys on the team would laugh themselves breathless if they knew where he was right now. But he had a test in two days and he was determined to ace it. Math had never been his strong subject. He figured since he was in Sports Science, the only counting he'd had to do were the push ups he would assign to future athletes but apparently Algebra and Calculus and other words he couldn't remember were breadth subjects the college insist he take. Calories only ever needed to be added and totaled up; he didn't see why he had to find what x was.
 
He fully expected the library to be empty and devoid of people so he could study in peace and self-pity without other students judging him. But he skidded in, stopping shortly as he caught sight of a lone figure sitting at a corner table. Youngwoon scowled. Between the game, the after-party and it being a Friday night, he really didn't expect anybody to be here.
 
Eyeing a table the furthest away from the student, Youngwoon wondered how quick he'd have to run to pass the student without being seen. His brain however, died in the middle of calculations mid-run.
 
It was a girl, staring fervently into a textbook with three others spread out on the table before her. Her straight hair was tucked neatly behind her ears except for a lock that fell across her face as she stared down into her notes, uncaring of her appearance. Youngwoon thought her large glasses made her look cute actually. Everybody always thought he was a s kinda man, he never denied that. He just never told anyone he preferred adorable to y. 
 
Cute enough that he made a detour, picking a seat near enough to peek at her without seeming creepy and he spread his notes out. He smiled as she sneezed adorably, flushing at the loud sound that permeated the quiet library.
 
Studying just got ten times harder.
 
-
 
'Hello,' Youngwoon grinned as he slipped into the seat opposite the female student approximately eighty seven minutes after he had started studying.
 
She blinked a few times before turning around to make sure there wasn't anyone behind her or beside her. 'Are you talking to me?'
 
Youngwoon looked pointedly around the otherwise empty library. 'Is there anyone else here?'
 
'Yeah, about that. What are you doing here anyway, aren't you a jock? Shouldn't you be on the football field, um, jocking about?'
 
Snorting back a laugh, Youngwoon rested his chin and stared at the adorable student even as she flushed and stared back down at her textbook. 'I'm done jocking about for the day. I wanted to study but I got distracted by people.'
 
'What people?'
 
'Oh you know,' Youngwoon waved his hand about, gesturing to the general emptiness before gesturing to her. 'People.'
 
She bit her lip.
 
'So anyway, you know who I am? That I'm a jock?' He grinned charmingly and leaned closer. 'How about I get to know you too?'
 
She swallowed hard and leaned further back from the table. 'No thank you.'
 
'Aww. Even after we spent quality time in the library together? All alone?'
 
The student visibly choked and Youngwoon had to bite back another laugh. He'd always known he was charming but to see this girl react so visibly to him was even cuter. She began to gather up all her things and throw the smaller items into the large book bag on the table next to her books, muttering under her breath about how there wasn't usually anybody else in the library and she had just wanted to study while everybody was at the game.
 
'Yeah I know what you mean,' Youngwoon sighed. 'I wanted to study in secret too, so the guys wouldn't know. Should this be our little secret then?' He winked.
 
The female student positively squeaked as she piled all the books into her arms and dashed out of the seat.
 
'Be careful, Student Kim Taeyeon,' Youngwoon called out after her retreating figure, pleased to see her halt in surprise as he spoke her name. He'd seen it earlier as she had slammed her books shut, the neat printing on the top left corner of the cover. Probably in case she ever lost them or left them somewhere. 'Don't fall over or I'll have to go over to catch you.' He grinned again as she fled the library.
 
Now he had to go ask around to find out Kim Taeyeon's major.
 
 

 
a/n: this is the very first scene i ever envisioned for this au ^^ thanks for all the subscribers and upvotes this early <3