Pre-Order

Don't Lie to Me

~~~~~~~Two weeks later~~~~~~~

You and Kris walked together in the busy nightlife of Myungdong, enjoying the food and the thought of not being caught by fans because everyone there looked and dressed like celebrities.

Kris smiled as he held your hand tightly.

“Don’t hold it too tight, my hands will get all sweaty,” you frowned.

“Does it even matter? I’ll hold your hand forever.”

You hugged Kris’ arm and rested your head on his shoulder, “I hope we stay like this forever.”

Kris put his chin down, “Does that mean we have to be together in our next life?”

You moved your head away from Kris’ shoulder, “What? You don’t want to see me in your next life? Ah… I see how it is…”

Kris gently pushed your head back onto his shoulder, “I’m just saying that it’s going to be hard since I’m coming back as a moose and you, a koala. I mean, we could but I don’t think scientists are going to want a koala-moose hybrid.”

You punched Kris’ arm, “Your jokes are really bad, I think they’ve gotten worse since I was an idol.”

“Really? My jokes are bad?”

You laughed at Kris, “They aren’t funny. Not even a tiny bit.”

Kris hugged and kissed you on the head, “But you still love me.”

You nodded, approving Kris’ words, “Aren’t you lucky?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you something.”

“What?”

Kris frowned, “I have to go to China in a week. You know, for promotions.”

“How long are you going to stay?”

“Two weeks at most. I’m seeing relatives over there as well.”

“So it’s like a vacation as well?”

“Not really, it just happens that my relatives close to where we’re staying. Which brings me to my next point. My mother will also be there and I want to buy her some jewellery but I have too much testosterone to figure out what she would like.”

You scoffed, “Too much testosterone? Really?”

Kris lead you into a jewellery store, “Plus, I can tell my mother that her future daughter in law, very thoughtfully, picked it out for her.”

You scrunched up your nose, “I don’t know… I don’t want to buy your mother’s love with jewellery.”

“Nah, it’s the love that counts,” Kris reassured you before walking off to the necklace section.

“I am pretty sure the saying is, it’s the thought that counts,” laughing to yourself, you followed Kris.

Kris pointed to a large, diamond studded pendant, “Do you think this one is good?”

“Honey, just because you’re a rapper, doesn’t mean your mum has to bling out like one.”

“It’s not that big…”

“Really?”

You placed your hand onto the glass, “See? It’s half the size of my little finger. Unless your mum is starting out as an underground hip hop artist, I suggest you look for something of a more appropriate size and beauty.”

Kris nodded, “Why don’t we split up and look for the pendant with a more appropriate size and beauty then?”

“Okay, that’s good.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Kris got back into the car and just sat in there.

“We finally bought it!” you cheered.

You and Kris high-fived each other. Kris eyed you and you eyed him back.

“What?”

Kris reached into the bag from the jewellery store and pulled out a small box.

“What’s that?”

Kris smiled at you opened the box, showing a ring inside. He then put his left hand up and showed you that the couple ring that you bought him while being undercover has been replaced by a sterling silver one.

You cocked your head to the side in confusion, “This isn’t a wedding proposal is it?”

Kris chuckled, “Uh… it’s more of pre-order for the engagement and wedding.”

“Pre-order?”

Kris nodded, “Think of this ring as being a pre-order. As in, you can’t cancel the order and you can’t ask for a refund either.”

“So…”

“So what I mean is that, Jenny, will you stay by me until I can find a ring that would look on your finger?”

You covered your mouth as you laughed at in disbelief, “Um… sure.”

Kris kissed you and wrapped his arms around you before kissing you again, “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”