Cunning, so cunning

Pineapples and Grapes

The rest of the photo-shoot did not finish up successfully. Kris actually left early, but Ahrim was too scared to perform well. At home, in her comfy pajamas and glasses, she hopes Kris won’t be here tomorrow. She fell asleep worrying about that. Thus, she forgot to brush her teeth…

The next day, as expected, Ahrim woke up with dark circles comparable to Tao’s. Jiwon scolded her for not sleeping when she clearly knows that she has a photo-shoot the next day. Luckily, makeup is able of miracle!

The weekend proves her wrong. Kris didn’t appear for the rest of the photo-shoot. The shooting is done. Ahrim is happy that she won’t see Kris again, but at the same time, she is very worried about getting her identity revealed.

On Monday, her dark circles still didn’t get better.

“What happened? We can see your dark circles through your ten layers of BB cream?” Ahrim gives Sojin a glare and makes sure no one is looking. Everyone was busy with their lunches. She wishes she could lie down on the desk like anyone else, but she can’t! Ahrim lived the weekend with the thought of the consequence of getting her real personality revealed. She can’t allow that! She won’t allow everything she has worked for one year vanished because of one man. Standing up, she pushes everything on her desk in her backpack.

“Sojin, I have to go. Sorry!” Ahrim quickly rushes to the secretary to get the rest of the day off.

She walks fast to outside. In front of the gates of SOPA, she realizes a crucial fact. She does not know how to find Kris Wu! On her usual bench, she puts on her cap. Ah! The shopping mall! Ahrim waves her hand to get a taxi. In the car, she practices how she should confront Kris.

“Hey you! Don’t you dare tell anyone about me or I’ll…!” No, this sounds like a mafia man.

“Hi, Mr. Wu. I know that it’s complicated, but can you please…” NO!! I didn’t do anything wrong…

Ahrim is having a mental breakdown in the backseat.

People nowadays, so much pressure. It gets people crazy. The taxi driver thinks.

Arriving at Time, Ahrim has no difficulties finding the head offices. It was just in the higher levels of the shopping mall.

The secretary tells her that Mr. Wu is having an important phone call and asks her to wait outside. She sits down in the sofas meant for guests. Ahrim regrets so much now. Maybe he does not want anything, but why did he bring ramen! Ahrim is determined to know why. She tries to see the man through the matte glass. She only sees a shadow of a man sitting in his desk. Like an old man. Ahrim scrunches her face.

Finally, a few minutes later, the crucial moment is here. Ahrim takes a deep breath and pushes the door open. Kris’ office is very big, with wall-sized windows giving the room a spacious feeling. There are also sofas inside. This time, they are white compared to the grey ones outside. On the right side of the door, there is a long table for six peoples. Papers scattered on it shows the recent meeting people had. Just beside the door is a small library with different books on business and art. The main desk is at the far left corner of the door. A lonely cactus was sitting on it, in the middle of piles of sheets. Ahrim rolls her eye at the cactus.

“How can I help you?” Before Ahrim can continue further analyzing the interior design, Kris interrupts her. Now that she is in front of him, no words come out of . Of course, in the taxi, there is not a handsome guy as Kris. Ahrim can’t say a thing in front of him now. Kris raises his brow signaling Ahrim to talk,

“I… I…” Kris adds before she can say something.

“How was the ramen?” His brow still raised. That is an insult!

“Not good!” Finally, Ahrim says something. Kris lightly shakes his head and chuckles.

“So, how can I help you?” Kris stops teasing her.

“About the day in the supermarket… can you… can you please… don’t tell anyone.” Ahrim lowers her head.

This girl is funny. Kris thinks looking at her. Now that she is in her uniform, she looks quite young. Her cap is covering most of her face though. Ahrim continues to explain,

“I… you know… I have an image to maintain. They can’t know that I’m like that… It’ll ruin my career.” Ahrim protests in her head.

This was not how it was supposed to be! I was supposed to threaten him!

“Sure!” Kris coolly accepts. Just a little girl who want fame? What does she think I care about her?

“I understand that… What? You said yes?” Ahrim shots her head up.

No way… he was supposed to refuse! What is happening?

Ahrim leaves the office blank. She can’t believe that Kris just accepted like that!

It’s a trap! No way!!! Ahrim looks at the sky with an angle of 45 degrees. We could almost imagine the thick tears rolling down her cheek.

*

The next day after school, Ahrim is still not convinced at Kris’ words. She goes back to see him. Unfortunately, she comes at the wrong moment. Kris just realized that the concept of the new advertise an intern offered is copied from an old advertise ten years old. The intern thought he didn’t know that so people must not know about it. However, when the president came to supervise work, he recognized the idea and scolded Kris real hard. Sadly, our Ahrim does not know that.

When the secretary told her she can go in, she didn’t expect the room to be at Arctic’s temperature.

“Hey, I came for yesterday. You’re sure you won’t say anyt…” Before Ahrim could finish her sentence, Kris exploded.

“Yes! I said yes yesterday! What don’t you understand? You’re just a little girl who wants fame! Why do you think I care about you?” Kris shouts at Ahrim. The girl is surprised. Even her manager did not scold her that hard. The surprise feeling turns to an angry one too.

“What are you talking about?! I’m not like that! How can you say that when you don’t even know me?”

“You girls are all like that. You just want money and fame?” Kris replies, calmer this time, but still with a mocking tone.

“Yah! Ajusshi! That is so not nice!” Ahrim actually prepared chocolate to bribe him. Now that it’s all ruined, she throws the package at Kris and runs away almost hitting the secretary who was supposed to serve tea.

“Director…” the secretary calls Kris while he just waves her off telling her to go back to work.

Who is that girl? Is she director’s girlfriend? So he likes young girls… muahaha! The secretary evilly thinks.

Outside the building, Ahrim vows to never step in this shopping mall ever again. Then, she realizes that it’s impossible since she models for it. She lets out a big sigh. Ahrim can’t let it go like that. She can’t believe someone thinks of her this way. She admits, she is not the best model out there. She is young but saying that she does that for money and fame is too much. She sincerely treats her job as a great opportunity to learn something more. Something people might never try in their life. She does not understand why it bothers her so much. Ahrim is convinced that Kris hates her and will ruin her life. She was afraid that Kris was doing that on purpose to have a reason to speak about her. Ahrim curses in her head.

No, I can’t let myself down! I will show him that I’m a good person! Satisfied with her decision to go back to prove Kris wrong the next day, Ahrim buys a double chocolate smoothie as a reward before going home.

Back in the office, Kris rubs his forehead.

She aims precisely. Luckily, the box was not too big or heavy. The plastic was still on it.

She wanted to bribe me with a 5$ chocolate? Kris silently laughs at this. He actually feels guilty for letting out his anger on her. She was just at the wrong place, at the wrong moment. Kris really did not intend to spill her secret. She can do whatever she wants with her life. It would not bother him.


Hello! It's been days. Sorry, I'm quite busy with my finals lately. I'll try to update as much as possible!

Enjoy and leave comments! Ah! And don't forget to watch Exo's Showtime!!

;) xoxo