His Story

Man's Best Friend- Hoya

Lounging around your apartment, you laid on your bed as you drew a portrait. Letting your pencil decide what you drew, you tilted your head from one side to the other as you watched your blank paper turn into a work of art.

”_______-ah?” Hoya called from outside the bedroom.

"In here~" You called back not having your eyes leave the paper. Hoya walked into the bedroom where a smile beamed on his face when he saw you. Walking to the side of the bed, he set his knee on the bed as it dipped due to his weight. He sat beside you with his legs crossed and his hand steadying him. Hoya watched you as his heart beat quickly in his chest.

"Is there something you need, Hoya?" You asked as you couldn’t take the silence anymore.

"Oh… ah…." Hoya rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "I just wanted to tell you something." He said quietly.

"You can tell me." You said as you glanced up from your drawing.

"It can wait until you are done drawing." He said as he tried to build his confidence to tell you.

"My drawing can wait." You set your sketch book beside him as you set your pencil on the bed. "Is there something wrong?" You knew the look on his face all too well.

"Well. I just don’t want to keep any secrets from you anymore." He started to explain as you leaned up against the headboard. "I want to tell you why I became a dog. Since that is the biggest secret that I have."

"Hoya, you don’t have to." Placing your hand on his shoulder he shook his head.

"Since I love you, I want to tell you." He said as his warm brown eyes met yours once again. Nodding your head, you let your hand slid down to his as he his lips slowly as he tried to figure out where to start his story.

"Ten years ago, I was walking home with my little brother, we had just bought out mom a Mother’s Day present. On our way home, my little brother wanted to pet this dog that was tied to a light pole. I told him that I would pet it first to make sure that it would be ok for him, since he was younger. So I reached out my hand and patted the top of his head, his eyes closed but when I moved my hand back, he bit it harshly and I tried to keep my screams in, so I wouldn’t scare my brother. I told him to run home with the present and I would be ok. Eventually he left and ran home as fast as he could. Getting my hand free, I ran into an alley to get away from the dog, but he broke his collar and ran after me, so I tried to fight him, but I began to feel hot and collapsed as the dog was following me. He told me that I would be turning into a dog and that the only way I could live was to find someone that would accept me for who I would be. Then everything went black, the next thing I know I was laying on a hospital bed with my hand wrapped tightly. The machines went off and my family was around me. They stayed for a couple days, but one night the hospital was quiet and I busted out. I felt different and I ran on all four legs. Finding a shop window, I looked at my reflection and howled at how frustrating this all was. I found my way home and I tried to knock on the door but they kicked me out and didn’t want to see me. So for the next couple weeks I lived by myself. Then I got captured by Animal Control. I traveled to lots of different families but they treated my harshly. Then I met you. I guess the rest is our story." He stayed calm through the whole story, yet you saw how much his story pained him and meant to him.

Wrapping your arms around him, you held him tightly. the back of his neck with your hand, you whispered, “Thank you for telling me.”

"Thank you for listening." He said quietly as a silent tear ran down his face. "Sorry I couldn’t tell you sooner."

"It’s ok, I promise. Thank you for coming to me." You kissed his cheek softly.

"Thank you for being nice to me and taking care of me when others were so cold and heartless. Also for teaching me how to be a human again." His grip tightened on you as you nuzzled your head against his neck.

"I love you." You said quietly as blush filled your cheeks, your ear pressed against his chest slightly as you heard his heartbeat began to race. Placing your hand over his heart, you began to sing one of the songs that would always help him relax when he was a dog.

Slowly, he swayed with you in his arms as his head rested on yours. Closing his eyes, he listened to your beautiful voice as he rubbed your back softly as you finished your beautiful song with him.

"I love you, ______" He softly said next to you ear as he gently kissed it afterwards. "Can I… Can I…" You pulled away and looked at him kindly as he tried to find some words.

Tilting his head, he crashed his lips into yours as you let out a soft squeal at the sudden action, your hand tightly gripped his shirt as he pulls you closer to him. The kiss softens as his lips slowly dance with yours, your hands slowly make their way up to his neck as your fingers play with his hair. Deepening the kiss, his heart began to beat faster as you got butterflies in your stomach. Pulling away a little, he pecked your lips a few more times before biting his lip and blushing.

"I just couldn’t resist, that was the only thing that I could think of doing." He explained shakily as you blushed and smiled brightly.

"I enjoyed it a lot." You his cheek with your fingers as he takes your hand in his, looking over at your drawing. Carefully he picks up your sketchbook.

"Who is this?" He asked looking at the sketch on the page that seemed to look like a dog.

"You." You blushed, tucking a little hair behind your ear. A proud smile came onto his lips as he moved to lean against the headboard, he handed you your pencil back as you took the paper from him and sat in between his legs as you rested against his chest. He watched you draw him, your fingers knew how to perfectly make him as he was happy to see your passion towards him. Taking out a lined paper, you wrote down his story.

"What are you doing?" Hoya asked as he twirled your hair around his fingers.

"I want to remember your story so I can remember what you went through for me. Since you are my strength and my inspiration." You looked up at him before he stole another kiss from your lips.

"You’re mine too." He said sweetly, tightening his grip around your waist.