C J Chapter 3

Cute Jealousy

Chapter Three


Laying the right side of his head onto the counter Tao sighs heavily, which gain the attention of two barista on the other side of the counter with curious look. They glace at each other before making their way over to the blonde male, who was now writing invisible words on the counter with his finger (or at least that is what they thought he was doing).

“Tao ah, are you alright?” the shorter barista male with the dark brown orange hair ask as he pats the panda boy’s head gently, trying his best the comfort the panda. On his name tagged is the name Xiumin. Tao did not care to look up at the two and sigh again and a small pout form on his lips as he continues to write invisible words.  Xiumin glance over to his co-worker, the taller blonde hair male next to him with a worry look on his face. This is the first time Tao has ever ignore the barista’s question.  

“Kris.” Xiumin whispers his co-worker’s name and tilt his head over to Tao, implying for the blonde barista to get Tao to talk. Kris is the only other person Tao will talk to—other than Xiumin of course—when he feels trouble.  Kris is also Chinese, so most of the time it is easier for him to communicate with Tao (since Tao Korean still needs some work).

“Tao, what’s wrong?” Kris as the panda boy in Chinese, but there was no respond from him. Tao just continues write the invisible words on the table, no attempt to look at the blonde barista at all. Kris glances over at Xiumin, who gave him the same worry look that he has. This worries them even more now since he will not respond to either of them.

“Hyung….ge…I feel sad.”  Tao finally said, both Xiumin and Kris turn to look at the boy. Both the older boys could see the desperation look in Tao’s eyes and the pout that form on his lip. He looks like he is going to cry any minute now. Xiumin quickly walks over to the other side of the counter and pull Tao towards him in a hug. Tao’s head lay on Xiumin’s right shoulder.

“Tell hyung what’s wrong.” Xiumin gently smoothing Tao’s back as he comfort the younger boy.

“I thought that if…if I dyed my hair blonde like Kris hyung then he would notice me more.” Xiumin glance over to see Kris if he understands what the younger is talking about, but Kris just shrugs—he has no clue either. Tao continues, “But it seems like it got worst then before. He’s avoiding me now.”

“Who is he?” Xiumin ask.

Tao let out a heavy sigh, “Kyungsoo.”

Kris eyes narrow when he heard the name; it is actually a familiar name to him.

“Wait, so the reason you dyed your hair is because of this Kyungsoo?” Xiumin seems surprise; he thought that Tao had dyed his hair because he wanted to change his old life style and start anew. Also maybe because of Kris’s influence too—which is partly true from the way Tao said it.

Tao hums and nods his head, “Kris always gets a lot of attention from people, so I thought that if I dyed my hair, I’ll get his attention. However…Hyung, is there wrong with me? Why is he avoiding me as if I have some kind of incurable disease? Ever since I dyed my hair, he will not come let me go near him.  During Lunch break today, when I went to look for him…”

 

It was lunchtime, meaning that there is an hour of freedom in from the everyday lecture. It is one of Tao’s favorite time of the day at school—other than P.E. class—because that means that  means that  he’ll get to see the one person that he wants to see the most, Kyungsoo. It is disappointing when Tao found out that he and Kyungsoo were in different homeroom this year. It means he is limited to see the wide eye boy. Tao smile when he thought about him, how cute Kyungsoo’s eyes widen when he look surprise, like an owl. He laughs quietly to himself, because he realizes that he has a thing for owl now.

Thinking about Kyungsoo made Tao wanted to see the shorter male as soon as possible, he and Kyungsoo are just separate by a another classroom. Tao stood up from his desk and made his way toward the exit of the classroom. Just as Tao exit out of his classroom, he sees Kyungsoo walk out of his classroom, a smile spread across his lips. Tao made his way towards him.

“SooSoo ah~” Tao calls out the shorter male to get his attention, but seeming how Kyungsoo didn’t turn around and continue walking, he calls out his name again as he quicken his pace—getting closer to him. Kyungsoo stop, and turn around, his eyes as wide as an owl. Just as Tao got closer to him, he go swarm by a group of girls.

“Oppa, I made you this during cooking class. Please accept it.”

“No~ oppa, take mine, I made it myself.”

“Tao oppa.”

“Oppa ah~”

They overwhelmed Tao, all of them calling his name to get his attention, each shoving small plastic containers (full of food) in front of him. Tao smile politely at them, which seems to made things worse as squeal when he did that (they all saying how cute and adore his smile is).  He looks up and passes the girls to make sure Kyungsoo is still there. His smile fades when the shorter boy has disappeared from sight.

It took Tao almost ten minutes to get away from the girls, thanks to Mr. Kim, the math teacher, who threaten the girls to disperse (since they were disrupting his break time) or he will give them all detention to clean all the school toilets for the rest of the school year. He mentally thanked the math teacher, who also threaten Tao too for causing such a commotion—in which made the panda boy chuckled. Tao finally found Kyungsoo, who was talking to another student, in the school cafeteria, Kyungsoo seems to notice him too as his eyes looked away from the student and landed on him. Tao smile as he walks toward him, he really wanted to talk to Kyungsoo, to hug him again like he usually do, since it has been awhile now. He misses holding Kyungsoo’s small frame, which fits perfect in his arms.

“SooSo—“

“TAO!” a voice shout out his name from behind. Tao turns around to seem Minho jogging slightly over towards him.

“Oh…seonbae? Tao stares surprisingly at the senior student as he came to a complete stop by his side, wearing an athlete jumpsuit. “What is it?”

“So did you think about my proposition?” Minho said.

“Ah, That.” Tao remembers about the offer that the senior student has asked of him from a couple of days ago to join the track team. It has surprise him that Choi Minho, who is also captain of the track team as offer him a position. It is still a little odd since the track club usually do not recruit people to join their club, they have audition (however, there are rare time when they do, like with Tao right now).  “I’m sorry Minho seonbae, I know it’s been a few days, but actually….” He pauses, fidgeting a little in place; it made him feel bad for saying it like this. “It’s a little difficult for me to change some of my schedule right now.”

 “No, it is alright. I know that I ask you out of the blue, it’ll be unfair of me to force you to join the club.”Minho shook his head and smile, placing one hand on his shoulder to assure the Tao that it is okay. “It’s a shame, to lose such a good athlete like you. However, you are welcome to come join our practices anytime you want. I can give you some pointers too, if you would like.” He removes his hand from Tao’s shoulder and out for a handshake.

“Thank you.” Tao shook the older student’s hand. “I will.” Minho smile and pat the panda boy on the back before leaving.

Tao then turn back to his objective, which is his SooSoo.  When look back to the spot that he last saw the owl eye boy, just to realize the he has disappeared again. His eyes trace the whole cafeteria, but there is no sign of Kyungsoo at all presence. His heart felt heavy. Is Kyungsoo actually avoiding him?

 

“Tao, go home.” Kris voice fades in as Tao finish his story, in which surprises both Tao and Xiumin (who turn around to look at him). It was not a request, but a command.

“What? You’re going to force Tao to go home without even giving him some advice to cheer him up?” Xiumin is a little bewilder by Kris words.

“No, I don’t.” Kris answers coldly, before placing his attention only on Tao. “If you’re not here to work, then go home. Come back when you get your life straight. This is not a counseling office.” Xiumin gave Kris a ‘what-the-hell’ look but Kris just look pass it, ignoring the shorter barista.

Tao stood up from his seat and look at Kris’s serious expression; he nods his head slightly as he heard the command. He force out a small smile at the shorter barista, indicating that it is all right, before walking toward the exit and out of the store. Xiumin knows too well that Tao is not all right at all. He also knew that Kris knows that Tao is not all right either.

“Yah! Why are you like this?” Xiumin quickly question the blonde barista. “We should have helped him. Why did you force him to leave?” Kris sigh, he is not sure how to explain to Xiumin that he should not get involve with other people’s problem, especially Tao’s problem. Xiumin continues, “I can’t believe that you’re so heartless. Tao is sad, and you just brush him off.  You are cru—“

The shorter barista suddenly gets interrupt by a pair of lips on his own, and a hand behind the back if his head, cutting off his word. Xiumin eyes widen from the shock.  Kris removes himself from the shorter male; he could see the Xiumin’s daze expression.

“Hyung…you talk too much.” Kris smirk, “but your expression look so cute right now. Do you want another one?”

Xiumin face flushes red before he blink a couple of times, and breaking out of trance. His eyebrows furrow when he heard Kris. There is a sudden urge inside him makes him want to beat up the blonde barista into a plup.

“Kris you idiot!” Xiumin got up from his seat, and rush over to the other side of the counter to hit the Chinese barista for making fun of him. “Prepare to die!”


Wow~ I'm very happy too see so many subbie readers that has subscribe to this story. Made me so happy to know that you all are interest in this story. And those of you who commented, I am very thankful for you're encoruaging words. And also slilent readers, thank you too. This update is an celebrate of finishing my final exams. So glad that the semester is over with. Whew~ I hope you all did well on yours too. I am sorry for any gammar issue, since I hardly even edited it. I might try later. Anyways poor Tao, he is so sad, and also did you like the little Kris x Xiumin fluff? lol. I just thought that it is cute to add them in. 

tumblr_mxjgq1Ywpi1sd1wzlo7_250.gif

Let's listen to Miracle in December~♥

Until next time, Happy early Merry Christmas (just in case I don't get a chance to update before that day is over).  :3