C J Chapter 2

Cute Jealousy

Chapter Two


“Hey, Suho hyung, do you know what’s wrong with Kyungsoo?” a short brown hair boy dress in a black and white waiter’s uniform, ask as he point his chin (with his arms cross over his chest) towards Kyungsoo, who is wiping silverwares with a white cloth at a table not far too far from them. “He’s been wiping that same spoon for the last hour. I know business in slow, but come on. It’s been almost a week already.”

Suho look over at Kyungsoo as slightly he his head to the side and folds his arms around his chest as he study the boy.  There is something very odd about Kyungsoo now that he think about it. For the past few days now, Kyungsoo seems to look very distance when he is doing his work chores—just like he is now. It is unlike Kyungsoo at all. Kyungsoo is a hard worker and always takes his job seriously, and hates slacking off. However, the younger boy seems so distance in his work and it is starting to worry him. Just like the other day, when it was super busy, Kyungsoo mess up every customers orders and it was very surprising because it has never happen before.

“Baek, go finish your duty, I’ll talk to him.” Suho instructed the said waiter to go continue working before walking toward aloof Kyungsoo.

 

“Kyungsoo? Are you alright?” A hand landed on Kyungoo’s shoulder causing the boy to jump slightly then turn his attention to the owner of the hand a little surprise—his eyes widen as he look at his co-worker.

“S-Suho hyung…you surprise me.” Kyungsoo said before turning his eyes away trying to calm down his quicken heartbeat from the slight scare, continuing to wipe the spoon in his hands in a fast pace. “I-I’m fine hyung, don’t worry about me.”

“Well, it’s kind of hard to believe that right now.” The brown hair waiter said as he sat down in the empty chair next to the younger boy. Kyungsoo turn his attention back on his co-worker and give him a ‘why-not’ look. “Well, first thing is,” Suho points that the spoon that he is holding. “Baekhyun says you have been wiping that same spoon for over an hour now and I do not think it will get any cleaner than that.” Kyungsoo look back at the spoon he had in his hand and quickly set it down in the clean pile, before picking up another spoon and starts cleaning it. “And second, you’ve been spacing out like…a lot.”

“N-no, I’m not. Hyung, you’re just thinking too much.”” Kyungsoo denied rather quickly and clean starts cleaning the silverwares in a rather quick pace, which made it obvious to Suho not trust the younger boy’s words right now, because he is NOT okay at all. Suho sigh.

“Spill it. You know you cannot hide it from me. I can read you like a book right now. What is the problem? If you lied to me, I am going to make sure noona cut your pay for the mess you made a couple of days ago and make you go on leave without pay too. ” He made sure to emphasize the ‘without’ word so that Kyungsoo would hear it clearly that he means it.

Kyungsoo hesitated a little. Suho is Kyungsoo’s mother’s bestfriend’s son, meaning they know each other since they were children. Suho being the older of the two has always taken care of him like a younger brother since Suho is the only son in his family. Suho is also the reason why he got his part-time job at the restaurant too, since Suho is rather close to the owners; they gave the younger the job without questions because they trust the older boy’s judgment, which Kyungsoo is very thankful of him. Setting the silverware and cloth onto the table, the younger close his eyes and sigh; he knew he could not hide it from his hyung. Kyungsoo turn towards Suho, and lower his head as he stare at his feet. He is too nervous to look at his hyung in the eyes.

“I-It’s Zitao…” Kyungsoo finally announce the source of his problem. The older boy eyed him as he recognizes the name of the person his little brother just said. “I don’t know hyung. For the last few days, I have been having a weird feeling in my chest every time I see him, my face becomes very hot too, and I feel very light headed. I think I’m going crazy.” Suho listens slightly as Kyungsoo continues. “Just the other day during P.E. class….”

 

It was P.E. class and because usually P.E. is share class course, his classroom, class 2A and class 2C has the class together.  Which Kyungsoo finds it annoying because that means that he will see that person. It is a reason why he has did not look forward to P.E. class at all. After changing into his athletic outfit for the class, he made his way down the long hallway after leaving boy’s locker room to the sports field where P.E. is taking place. Along the way, he heard something that caught his attention rather quickly.

“Hey, have you seen Zitao from class 2C?” said a female voice. Kyungsoo slow down to a complete stop at the mention of Tao’s name. He wonders why there are people mention the panda.  He listen carefully as three girls, he recognizes them as students from his classroom, walking the same direction as him.

“Ah, you mean that scary looking guy that has those dark circle panda looking eyes?” the second girl with the short black hair of the three said as they walk pass Kyungsoo.

“Yeah, him. Did you know that he dyed his hair blonde?” The first girl spoke again. “I saw him the other day. I have to admit he look very handsome with that color.”

“I agree! I also think he look so adorable and cute.” the third girl jumps right in to the conversation with an excitement in her voice.  “I saw him yesterday when I was going to the library. I dropped my textbook and he picked it up for me. At first, I did not recognize him because of his hair color. When he returned it to me, he smiled. It is the cutest smile I ever seen in my life. I can’t believe I use to be so scared of him.”

“I know right, now that I think about it. I wish I did not listen to those rumors. He is really cute just like a panda.” The first girl spoke again. She sounded rather happy. “Come on, let’s hurry. I am so happy that we have P.E with class 2C. I really want to see him.” Without a second to spare, the three girls hurried ahead, and Kyungsoo, who was eavesdropping on their conversation soon fallows after them.

Entering into the sports field Kyungsoo, notice a large crowed gathering at one area of the field. Kyungsoo ask trying his best to see what is happening from the back as he join in the crowd—pushing himself through the bodies of students until he is close to the front to where everyone is look at.  Looking in the open space between his fellow classmates, there he sees the familiar blonde panda, who was talking to Minho, third year student, in front of them.

“He stands out so much,” He whispers quietly to himself. “But why is he talking to Minho?” Curious Kyungsoo taps on his fellow classmate to answer his question.

“Ah, it seems like Minho-sshi wants to recruit Zitao to the track club after seeing him jump over that 1.5 meter high pole the other day.” The male student said. “It’s really astonishing sight, who knew that Zitao has such talent.”

Kyungsoo turn his attention back on the blonde panda, which seems to be enjoying his conversation with the senior student. It is hard for him to believe that Tao did anything like that. If he remembers correctly, Tao is very aloof. He does not really talk to anyone—other than him of course—and never had he once seen Tao being interested in anything involves with school activates.  Even though he does not know a whole lot of the Chinese boy, he thought that he would at least know the little things that interest him, but no, he knows nothing about Tao at all. As he lost himself in deep thought as he stares at Tao, he didn’t realize that the panda has turn his head towards him and staring at him as well. Kyungsoo only realizes that he is caught when the end corners of Tao’s lips curves upward into a smile and his eyes soften slightly—it is fallow by the sound of squealing female voices.  Quickly, Kyungsoo hid behind the classmate in front of him. He could feel his heartbeat pounding in an odd pace, and his face burning as it is set on fire.

‘Kyungsoo what are you crazy? Stop it!’ He place both his hands on his chest over his heart, thinking that doing so will smother the feeling away.

After a few seconds of calming down his heart, Kyungsoo decided to peek at the panda. Slowly sticking his out his head from behind classmate, he could see Tao’s back as he run in a curve towards the horizontal bar, and at that very moment when the panda’s feet left the ground, everything seems to going in slow motion. White feathery wings seem to have sprouted out the back of the blonde boy, as small speck of lights glisten around him like stars. Everything went silent and the only thing Kyungsoo could hear is the beating of his own heart ringing in his ear as Tao flew over the horizontal bar.

‘What is happening to me?’ Kyungsoo eyes could not look away from Tao as he landed on the blue mat of the other side of the horizontal bar. ‘Why are you making me feeling like this?’

 

Suho listen carefully to everything that the younger boy had just told him. Now, he understands why his little brother is such a mess now. Kyungsoo look up at him with desperate eyes, wanting the older to help him with his problem. Suho place a hand on Kyungsoo’s head, he ruffles the younger boy’s black hair and chuckles faintly. “It seems like you develop a rather interesting liking to him.”

Kyungsoo frown. It is not what he wanted to hear. It is impossible for him to like Tao, he does not even consider Tao a friend. Tao is just…he is just an obstacle in his life. Yeah, the blonde panda is an obstacle in his life that he will eventually overcome soon. Kyungsoo turns back to his previous sitting position; he picks up a fork with his left hand and the cloth with his right hand and continues what he was doing earlier. “Y-you’re wrong hyung. I don’t like him.”

Suho did not say anything, but smile at how cute his little brother is denying his feelings. He just hopes that Kyungsoo will realize it soon, before it is too late and ends hurting himself.


Hello~ I see that many people are taking an interest in this story, I am glad. From reading the comments below, I understand that many people seems to want this as a TAOHUN story. hehehe...so many Taohun shippers, I am so happy to know this. However, I still want to give Kyungsoo a chance, because TaoSoo looks so cute together too. I don't have a clear ending of who is going to end up with who yet. And I also hope TaoSoo will get much love as TaoHun too, because exo's 93' liner pairing is so rare. Thank you all so much for reading my crappy writing with little effort of editing. ♥ I appricate all those who had commented and subscribed.