2

At least try

"Hey look Oppa" You stood up and grabbed your bag that was on a vacant chair  "I really want to stay and have a talk with you and Namu - I mean Woohyun oppa but I have to buy something and head home, I'm really sorry"  you gave him a sad face.

"You always say that, why do you always avoid this , Do you hate him?" 

"What? No! It's not like that. It's just that I really need to buy something and head home right away" you smiled at him "And besides, I'm just their fan I don't want to cross the line"

"You're not going to cross any line though, You're just going to meet him !" he whined "And besides it'll be me who'll introduce you two to each other it's not like you're pushing this yourself"

"But-" you were about to let out another excuse but he cut you off.

"No Buts! Besides, it's very late and there's no one here! I'll be lonely if you go." He pouted at you which made you sigh. 

"Fine." you mumbled. "Don't worry. Oppa will walk you home later~ You don't live far from here ____-ah~" He smiled brightly and stood up to get some more meat to grill. The last one of the workers went out and switch the sign by the door to 'Closed' . A few minutes later you heard the door open and you looked back to tell whoever it is that the store is already close for the night only to find Woohyun taking off his shoes. You didn't mean to stare and you didn't know you were until his eyes met yours. He took off his mask and bowed at you before walking past you to head to the kitchen.

"Hyung I'm here" he said from the window connected to the kitchen. You saw Boohyun stick his head out and told him something but you didn't seem to catch what it was. 

You watch Woohyun as he turn his back from his brother and walk to the vacant seat in front of you where Boohyun was seating. He sat and you couldn’t help but look down to avoid his eyes because you knew you would end up staring at him once you look at his this close and that would make him feel uncomfortable. He cleared his throat and you raised you heard only to find him looking at you.

“Uhh..” he tried to break the ice. “So you’re kind of a big deal for my brother, aren’t you?”

You looked at him wide eyed, confused of what he was trying to say.

‘What? Who does he think I am? Do I look like I’ll go out with someone who has a girlfriend? Woohyun-ah!’

“Wait! “ He realized that he must’ve sounded rude and offensive. “I didn’t mean it like that.” He scratched his head. “I- I was just thinking that you were friends with him and you two are very close, was I… wrong?”

You tried to hide a smile. He was stuttering, he was probably afraid that he offended you or hurt your feelings.  

‘Very Woohyun. I guess he’s the same Nam Woohyun from Infinite afterall’ you smile widely.

“Was I wrong? Or do I have something on my face?” He curiously asked you.

“No. You were right. Boohyun oppa is like a brother to me.” You explained to him. You also told him how you and Boohyun became close and how much he helps you with everything you’re going through being in Korea alone without any family to lean on when you have difficulties with things.

“Ah.. I see.” He gave you a nod showing his understanding.

“Food delivery~” Boohyun happily placed a tray of various meat on your table and immediately excused himself because he ‘has to do something’ back in the kitchen.

You were busy grilling meat when you felt like you were being stared at and you looked at Woohyun who was already looking at you which made you blush.

“Hey say, you’re young and you’re in Korea, Are you perhaps …into K-pop?” He carefully asked you just in case you didn’t know he was a celebrity he wouldn’t tell you about it, well , at least not now just so you don’t feel uncomfortable talking to him.

You were taken aback by his question and didn’t know what answer to give him. Should you tell him that you’re a fan of his group or lie about now knowing that he’s a celebrity so he wouldn’t feel conscious around you?

‘Wait no. What are you thinking! Of course you should tell him the truth.’ You mentally scold yourself.

“Yes I am.” You told him. “I am actually a huge fan of Korean music.” You looked down avoiding his eyes.

“Do you...know who I am?” He was worried and excited to actually know whether or not you know about Infinite or who your bias is in his group. He wasn’t expecting much but he kinda wish it’s him.

“Yes I do.” You started blushing like crazy. “I like Infinite the most.” You covered you face with your hand as an attempt to hide your red face from him but you heard him sounding like he was trying to not laugh loudly. You looked at him and saw his eyes almost disappearing, his crooked tooth showing because he was laughing and the cute sound of his laugh filling the room. It all only made you blush harder to the point where you feel like your face was so hot it literally felt like it was on fire.

“So that’s why it felt familiar.” He crossed his arms in his chest.

“Huh?”

“It honestly felt like I’ve seen you around so I’m guessing that you’ve been to one of our events or something?”

‘Most of it.‘  You nodded and gave him a small smile.

“Ah! I was right!” He placed his head on his hands that was placed on the table and leaned in closer to you. “So you’re an Inspirit, huh. Figures why you’re so cute.” He smiled at you. “all my girlfriends are adorable~”