STORY START!

Something More
Please log in to read the full chapter

My best friend and I were sitting underneath the stars on top of my rooftop. It was one of those daily routines that we did every day or every other day. It varies day to day. Tonight's daily routine shouldn't have been any different from the previous hangouts, but it was.

"Hey, Kari?" My best friend, Kris, suddenly spoke, breaking the silence.

Yes, my best friend is a guy. There's nothing wrong with having the opposite gender as your bestie. At least none that I've heard about. Heh.

"Yeah?" I answered as I had my eyes closed while my face was still lifted towards the night sky.

I love basking in the nighttime aura. There was just something refreshing about it. I think it's because around nighttime, it was just more serene and quiet.

Anyways, it was silent again, until he responded back.

"Do you ever..." He trailed off.

"Do I ever, what, Kris?" I asked as I opened my eyes, but I didn't turned to face him.

I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't want to turn to face him. Inner intuition, maybe? Who knows, because I still don't. Heh.

He was silent once more. I patiently waited for him to speak. It's been like this for the last few times we've hung out. I wonder what's been up with him lately. I didn't probed him about it, though. I didn't want to intrude and seem like some nosy person. Maybe he'll tell me on his own.

"Do you..." He paused, then resumed, "Do you ever think that we could ever be..."

He trailed off once more.

I sighed, but probed further this time. "Be... what?"

Of course I didn't look at him again, I just waited once more.

He finally finished after letting out a long sighed. "Have you ever thought that we could be, you know, something more?"

I could feel his eyes looking at me now, but I made no m

Please log in to read the full chapter