Chapter 2

Adagio

{Chapter 2}

          

 

              Juhyun snatched the invitation cards from his hands upon seeing the numbers written on it.

            "H-how did this happen?" she stared at the cards wide-eyed.

            "Don't you think this is fate?" he merely suggested.

            "Not very funny." she said handing his invitation card back.

            "Why? We just happen to meet here turns out we're really partners" he teased.

            "HA HA" she was not really buying his 'fate' thingy, she's not really a fan of such thing.

             Realizing that she's getting too comfortable with a steanger like him, Juhyun took a deep breath and decided to leave, she was already standing when the stranger offered his hand to her, she looked at him confused.

           "Since we're really partners, Shall we have this dance?" she hesitated

          "But I don't know how to dance."

          "It's okay. I'll guide you."

 

          Juhyun almost forgot about her hesitation and they danced along with the people inside without even saying a word just staring at each other's eyes though sometimes Juhyun would stomp on his feet, and he would but tell her it was okay afterwards, it felt like a scene in a romantic fairytale.

 

            But no matter how beautiful that fairytale was Juhyun knew and told herself that once it turned twelve, the fairytale had to end and she should get out of it, quickly before she got trapped like those obsessed girls in her school and never come back. It's not as if she could really fall in love with a stranger just like in fantasies, not so her and not really happening in reality.

           The loud ringing off the clock tower echoed throughout the vicinity, signaling the most awaited time of the night, everyone stopped from dancing, one by one they took off their masks. Juhyun who really had no intentions of taking off her mask and who had promised she had to end this short lived fairytale, stopped dancing too and turned her back to the lad.

 

         "Why? Where are you going?" He asked hurriedly.

         "I'm going now." she declared.

        "But why? You haven't taken your mask off and introduced yourself." his tone was gentle.

        "Think of this as a scene in Cinderella. Once the clock strikes twelve, the female lead should leave before the magic wears off."

        "What do you mean? I don't really understand."

       "I need to go" when he tried to stop her, he accidentally snapped her mask free and the mask fell flat on the ground.

        Juhyun was running away when he grabbed her wrist and made her face him.

        "Y-yoona?" shock was very obvious in his eyes and the sadness, longing came back very quickly.

        "W-what are you talking about? I'm not Yoona!" she tried to free herself and succeeded with great effort, she quickly ran away and he was left dumbfounded.

        Was that really Yoona? He thought.

       "Of course she's not, Yoona is dead b-but.... " he whispered.

         Going back to what happened earlier he realized that yes they do look a like but the obvious difference was there, but because of the poor lighting outside he couldn't really tell.

          He took her white mask and went back inside to look for her but she wasn't there anymore or she was just hiding somewhere, he sighed and walked to the big doors and left the venue with heavy heart.

        "I have to find her." he told himself, Why? He really didn't know.

        "Luhan Oppa!" a girly voice called from his back causing him to turn his head around.

        "Dasom?" "Yes oppa it's me! It's been so long! You haven't contacted me ever since she.... died." she trailed off realizing how insensitive her words were.

       "I'm sorry oppa" she bit her lip, a sign of being uncomfortable

       "It's okay" he smiled an insincere smile and walked away leaving the girl guilty.

       

         His heart clenched hearing her name again, he never really had forgotten her.

       

        He headed straight to his empty house and dumped his jacket on the sofa while walking to his secret room just behind his bookshelf. He turned the lights on revealing a room full of pictures, wall to wall it was completely full of it. It's been so long since he entered this room and his memories with her just came back rushing upon seeing the photos there.

     "I told you it's going to rain." said the girl with a very attractive doe eyes.

Her voice was very beautiful to his ear that he smiled upon hearing it. Luhan asked her for a picnic date the other day and told her it'll be great  but the weather obviously didn't approve to his corny tactic.

"Isn't this cool? We can have a picnic while having a shower, it's like hitting two birds in one stone" he joked but the message didn't reach her.

"HA HA. How about I bury you down the cold soil?"

"That's very unlady like of you Ms. Im Yoona." he stated copying one of Yoona's instructors.

Yoona laughed a gentle and warm warm sound in the cold weather. "That's not what she sounds like though."

 

---------

"Excuse me mister but I got this book first" Yoona raised an eyebrow at the boy before.

"Uhh, can't you see, I'm the one holding the book? That means I got this first." Luhan who was somewhat irritated raised his voice slightly to send tell her to back off. Yoona looked at him helplessly and then smiled upon getting an idea, she knew that that's very unlikely of her but she really needed the book, she's desperate.

"Oh look there mister!" Yoona shrieked pointing at the unknown and nonexistent thing beyond him. Panicking, Luhan turned his head to look, and that was Yoona's signal to snatch the book from his hand and she undoubtedly succeeded.

She ran just far enough, so she can bow and thank him.

Luhan who was left dumbfounded smiled upon her unexpected cleverness.

Their first meeting was one of the best days in his life ever since he transferred there, and one of favorites, of course.

 

                 The memories were so happy that he just wanted to cry because of loneliness and just the mere thought of her made his heart ache and clench.

                 He missed her more than words could ever describe, he had loved her more than anyone could ever do but she left him, the worst was, she's not coming back... ever again. 

                 He stood up inspecting the photos again, when he stopped at a certain photo where Yoona was sitting on a bench and he was looking at her side profile he remembered the girl at the ball. They both have that beautiful nose and even their smiles are somewhat similar with the exception that the girl he met had a smaller and a fuller lower lip than Yoona.

 

 

"How can she look like you?" he was actually asking the photo of her as if it'll answer him.

 

 

 

----------------------

Hi babes! Sorry for the short (and crappy) chapter. Idk I just want to have a flashback lol

Btw, this is Dasom (in case you're thinking about sistar's dasom lol):

2EYES DASOM