✖ Quality Time

When We Say

[A/N: cursive font; dialogue in Chinese]

 

06:37PM - outside the dance studio
 


 

Well, this was fun.. but quite tiring. Day two of the workshop has ended and I can't wait to get home, eat dinner, savour some ice cream, then finally take a cold sh-

"Hailee!", Minseok?
"Oh. Uh, hi! Hi, Minseok how are you?"
"All good and yourself?", he grinned. I don't know why but he's such a cutie.
"Same but you know, exhausted from dancing that's all"
"Do you have any plans for.. now?"
"I actually ha-"
"Hyung! Why didn't you- Oh! H-hi, Hailee", it's Kai. Breathe Hailee, breathe and greet back.
"Oh gosh! I'm sorry I didn't reply yesterday my phone died and I forgot to charge it. Sorry"
To my surprise Kai replied with a smile and assured me it was no big deal. Lucky you, Choi.
Minseok broke the somewhat awkward tension that built up within just a few seconds, "As I was going to ask, are you free now? Kai and I wanted to grab some bubble tea and chill"
It didn't take me long to answer, I agreed tagging along and we headed to a bubble tea shop around the corner. Hey, they seem nice so why not?

"I'm going to order our stuff. Uh, what would you like to have, Hailee?", Minseok asked.
"Caramel Milktea with tapioka, please. Tell me how much it costs I'll pay you back"
Minseok nodded and looked to Kai. "Honeydew Milktea.. tapioka. You pay mine remember, you still owe me that baozi menu", was Kai's answer. I heard Minseok sigh before he went to the cashier.

As Kai and I were sitting alone, I got out my phone to inform my cousins not to wait for me and just begin dinner without me. He was on his phone as well and was, I guess, writing with someone.
"I hope you don't mind that a friend will come here too. His name is Lay, he's a dancer so I think you'll get along", he told me and I said it was no problem.
"What's up?", oh goodness Kai.
"Hm not much just waiting for Minseok, I guess?", I laughed a little.
He laughed too and said, "Well good to know and surprisingly I do that as well right now!" We both chuckled but then he spoke again, "Since you've been calling Minseok by his real name.. you can call me Jongin. So, hi! My name is Kim Jongin." God. Dang. It. He's so freaking cute when he's shy and and ugh.
"Okay. Jongin. How come Kai, though?"
"Jongin sounds.. so Korean. I don't know I just wanted to stand out! Lay's real name is Yixing. He chose Lay because Yixing sounded too Chinese to him", what an explaination.. Jongin. I giggled but not that really girly giggle and he laughed as well.
"You are really cute, you know. I mean what I wrote yesterday. How on earth does a girl like you not have a boyfriend?", Jongin sighed and continued, "You got the looks, the talent, the perso- oh. Uhm. I still don't know you well yet. Maybe I could be all wrong with the whole boyfriend thing"
I opened my mouth in slight shock at his playful smirk and hit him lightly, "You got some guts, Mr. Kim Jongin!"

Thank God! Minseok came back with our drinks and settled himself down next to Jongin's seat. A guy came towards our direction and I thought that, that must be Lay.. or Yixing. Whatever.
"Aye. You didn't get me a drink? I'm hurt, Minseok hyung", ahh! Yixing's voice is so soft. He looked at me, waved and stretched out his hand to me. I took his hand and shook it, "I'm Hailee. You must be Yixing? Nice to meet you."
"You speak Mandarin? Even without an accent, I'm impressed! Yeah, nice to meet you too."
"Could you guys stop talking in Chinese, Jongin feels like he's out of place", Minseok remarked.
"Why didn't I take Mandarin in high school", a complaining Jongin said.
Yixing seated himself next to me and grabbed Minseok's bubble tea to take a sip from it. Yixing answered the guy complaining just now, "You took Japanese instead but still cannot even order yourself a snack in that language. All you can muster is 'sushi arigatou, suzuki sensei'"
The three of us started laughing and Minseok almost choked on a tapioka pearl. Jongin pouted and I swear to all saints in heaven that I died a little at how adorable that looked and felt a bit bad.
Minseok and Yixing shared a glass of bubble tea since the Chinese was too tired, as I may recall what he said, to get his up again and spend money. We killed some time there and talked about the most random things, told stories about ourselves since I was only getting to know them, it was fun and I really enjoyed being around them.
After finishing our drinks we went out and walked around a bit, did some window shopping and eventually got some food from the street stalls.
Minseok left earlier because he felt tired already and went home. The guys explained me that they live with 9 others in a dorm together. Also, did they tell me about their friends and what their names were, some things in detail about the person and.. yeah. There was Suho, Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Tao, Luhan, Sehun and D.O.
So there were only the three left, Jongin, Yixing and me. We were still walking around until we ended up in a park and we sat down on a bench. The things we talked about were mostly dance related and the both of them seem so professional that I let the two go on talking. I'm a good listener anyway.
"Hailee is a really, really awesome dancer!", Jongin. Stop. You- ugh. I had no other choice than to blush at his comment.
"Serious? Well, if it comes from your mouth then, I believe you. It's not that easy to impress our Jongin here", Yixing said.
I felt weird and awkward again. I don't know how to deal with compliments and such.
"R-Right so.. it's getting late! Look it's 9:45PM already I-I gotta go", why do you chicken so much Choi? Facepalm.
Yixing blinked at me and just nodded he said goodbye and walked to the bus station already but Jongin stayed. "I'll bring you home. There's no way I'll let you go home alone at this hour"
"Ah.. it's fine. I'm used to it, don't worry! I have to walk home no bus needed and-"
"Hailee", he somehow glared.
"Fine"


+++


09:58PM - boys' dorm

"Where's Jongin?"
"He's walking.. Hailee home. Yixing just texted me", Minseok giggled.
"I think he really must like her", Jongdae smiled.
"Ugh, gross. Kai going after a girl, brace yourself everyone"
"Sehun, let him be! It's not like you are having luck with girls now", Baekhyun barked.

You know, the name 'Hailee' gives me chills. I don't know why but I just have that feeling that I might know someone called Hailee.
"Kyungsoo! Is my hot choco ready?" Oh.
"Hold on a sec, Suho. You want marshmellows?"
"No, too sweet", he replied.
Anyhow, I feel happy for Jongin. It's been a while since he last went after a girl. His last girlfriend experience was not a very nice memory.
Let's hope Hailee is one of the good ones.


+++

 

 

10:12PM – Jongin walking Hailee home

 

"So.. yes. I know some languages because I have moved from country to country. My parents had some weird job where they had to travel around quite a lot"

"Ah. I see, so they came back to Korea afterall, or?"

“Uhm.. no. My parents passed away 6 years ago. Mom’s sister, my aunt, adopted me and this is why I’m here in Seoul”

“Oh- Ah! I-I’m so s-sorry to hear that.”

“Don’t worry. It’s fine”

 

After that she told me more about herself. She prefers dogs over cats, her favorite colors are light blue and black, she masters English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese, she could eat samgyupsal every day, and she has a feet-phobia.


How do I not look like a creep when I listen to her? Her voice is so soothing and beautiful. Just her talking voice. Oh my God, what if she sings too? I can-

"Oh hey! We're here. T-Thanks for coming along. But you really didn't have to", oh please. Look at me! Hailee, come on. Please?
"I don't mind, really", I replied.
"I.. really enjoyed it. I mean hanging out with you guys", she muttered quietly. Hailee looked down on the ground. I smiled at her cuteness, "I had fun too. How about we repeat this for the next few days after class? If you like.."
She looked up and her eyes stared at mine. If time could stop..
"I'll think about it. Heh.. good night, J-Jongin!"
I hugged her out of reflex and she stiffened but loosened up and hugged back.
"Good night, cutie", I whispered into her hair. 
“G-Good night to you too.. Jongin”

She punched the code for the entrance door and went in the apartment  pretty quick.

I couldn’t sleep well that night because all I thought of was.. her. Hailee does things to me and we’ve known each other for more or less 24 hours. What the is wrong.

 

 

 

HAI HAI HAI omg it's been some while since I last updated I'M SORRY ;w; but I already said that I won't be updating so frequently uhuhhuhuh anyway, this chapter is also kind of short and ew but hey I think they'll be like this.. whispers forever. LMAO okay 

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEARIES!! ;; have a blessed new year, many, many, many successful moments and lots of fun! 

Note: this chapter is unedited - too lazy to check omg I'm gomen