✖ Pleasure To Meet You

When We Say

 

01:32PM - dance studio in Seoul, South Korea

 

“Hey, guys! I’m Youngwon your dance instructor for today. I hope we’ll have a lot of fun.”

I glanced up from my shoe after tying it and saw the dance instructor grin. “Oh guess what, I hope so too”, I thought. To be honest, I didn’t really feel comfortable in a dance studio.. with other people. Explains why I have never attended classes. But here I am after Dayoon, my cousin, forced me to go. I didn’t mind it that much since it’s only a five-day workshop. Means, I don’t have to come back here in the future. Dayoon promised me if I’d go this time, I would never have to come back. And it was her paying the workshop anyway.

After preparing myself, I already received intimidating stares from a few people. Great. Raising my insecurity.
“Awesome kicks you got”, some guy approached me.
“E-Excuse me?” Did you just ing stutter? Dumb!
“I just complimented your shoes”, he smiled.
I left him and escaped the awkward aura. Well, more like prevented myself from saying something stupid. Sigh, he was kind of hot though.

Class has started and everyone went near the instructor and mirror meanwhile I shuffled to the nearest corner.
I pick up routines quite fast so after like 2-3 times repeating the steps I memorized them all already.
“Okay! So everyone in the back, please come forward. I want to see how you guys are doing”, Youngwon announced.
Crap. Alright Hailee, just do it.
I stepped in front with the others and readied myself.
Inhale. Exhale.


Dance. The great thing about dancing is you only focus on yourself, forgetting the world around you and all you feel is the music taking over of all of your limbs. Your body being controlled by every beat. (click here, to see what they were dancing!)


The song came to its end. There I was panting and the room was filled with applauses.
Youngwon clapped as well and came closer, “You. You surely rock!”
“Uh.. me?”, I questioned.
“Yeah! What’s your name?”
“H-Hailee..” and I was stuttering again. Sigh.
“I'll keep an eye on you, Hailee. You got some moves there”, he pointed out and led his attention to the other participants. I wasn’t sure if I should be rather relieved or something.
Just when I turned around I saw the guy from before, the one “complimenting” me, was looking towards my direction, at me. Within a few milliseconds I turned back facing the mirror again and from the corner of my eye I could see him staring.
“Please let this class pass by really quick this uncomfy feeling just won’t leave me”, I prayed.

 

 


+++
 

 


After 5 hours of dancing and taking breaks of course, the class bid goodbye to each other and left. I took out my iPod and its earphones, stuck them in my ears and enjoyed the relaxing sounds of AJ Rafael.
I was enjoying the song a bit too much when suddenly someone tapped me on my shoulder.
“Hailee, right?”
I took out of my earphones, “Yes.. That’s me?” Oh. The guy from before.
“Hi! Well, I’m Kai.”
“Oh, hello Kai.”
“Yeah so.. how long have you been dancing?”
“Honestly, I don’t know anymore I guess since I was little”, I answered truthfully.
“Okay. But you took classes?”
“Nope, never did. It’s actually my first class.”
“No way! You sure? Woah!” He’s cute when he’s surprised. Trust me, you have no other chance, you have to smile at his cuteness.
...
“Yeah so I should get going..” There it is again. Awkward tension.
“Wait a second! Would you mind exchanging numbers?” Did he really just ask for my phone number? Oh my gosh.
I nodded and gave him my number and  he called me so I have his number as well.
“Hey uh.. I actually have to go the same way. So we could-”
“Yeah yeah!” I said a bit too excited.  You are embarrassing Choi.
He smiled and we went to the bus station together. The bus was there already, just my luck! I sat down on the window seat. I expected Kai to sit next to me but a guy, I guess a friend of his who was at the workshop too, approached him and both of them sat next to each other. They started talking about various things or just one topic, I don’t know. I was listening to music anyways.
“Hailee!” I pulled out one earphone and turned my head to answer.
“Hm?”
“This is Minseok! He thinks you’re a great dancer”, Kai said and added a wink.
“Oh come on! Jongin shut up. I can tell her that myself. Nice to meet you, Hailee!”
“Nice to meet you too. And thanks.. you’re pretty good yourself”, I returned.
“Hey, hey! Minseok we have to get down here already. Was.. a pleasure to meet you today”, Kai waved with a smile and dragged Minseok along who made the same gesture as well.
I waved back and saw how the two boys got down at their station.

 

 


+++
 

 

06:40PM - Jongin and Minseok in front of their dorm


“So what’s it about.. this Hailee girl?”
“Don’t know man. I kind of like her.”
“Oho! Jonginnie has a crush!”
“I just met her! Keep calm, okay?”, I laughed, “I'd like to know more about her.”
...

 

We arrived at home and as soon as Minseok stepped a foot inside he roared, “AY! Our Jongin here-”

“… is tired and wants to rest. Thank you, hyung”, I covered his mouth and glared at him. You’re dead Minseok.

I went straight to my room and plopped down on my bed. Then, I fished out my phone and wanted to write Hailee a message just to make sure she got home safely.

 

06:50PM KIMKAI

Hailee ☆  is typing...

Hailee ☆  06:51PM

06:53PM KIMKAI

Hailee ☆  06:56PM

06:59PM KIMKAI

Hailee ☆07:04PM

07:09PM KIMKAI

Hailee ☆ 07:13PM
07:18PMKIMKAI

Hailee ☆ 07:20PM

07:23PMKIMKAI

Hailee ☆ 07:25PM

07:26PMKIMKAI

Hailee ☆07:28PM

07:30PMKIMKAI

Hailee ☆07:31PM

07:34PM KIMKAI

Hailee ☆ 07:38PM

07:41PMKIMKAI

Hailee ☆07:44PM

07:47PMKIMKAI

"Who are you chatting with?"

"WHAT THE MAN!"

"PARDON ME. I didn't mean to scare you but your face right now.. priceless", Kyungsoo, my roommate, laughed.

"Goddammit. I was writing with a girl from Youngwon's class earlier."

"Oh, I see. Is she pretty?", he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Duh, yes?"

"Spill. What's her name?"

"Won't tell you. You'll only mock me about her afterwards so, I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Kid. Whatever, she must be really hot that you won't tell me anything. Anyhow, dinner's waiting."

And with that, Kyungsoo left our room and went outside to join the others. I followed after him, seated myself next to Suho and enjoyed the long awaited food.

 

 

+++

 

 

07:55PM - at Hailee's, Hyechin's and Dayoon's appartment

 

"! Why do you have to die on me now. UGH", I ranted. My phone landed not so smooth on my bed.

"Hailee, come eat! I made pasta", Hyechin called out for me. "Coming!", I shouted back.

The only people at home were Hyechin, Dayoon and me. My aunt went overseas for some buisness event and left us three to take care of ourselves.

"How was the workshop?", Dayoon questioned while devouring the noodles on her plate.

"Pretty okay. We danced to Beyonce's 'Upgrade You'. A fast and.. sassy choreography but picked it up quite easily. The choreorapher, as I may quote him 'will keep an eye on me' because 'I rock'. Snorted at that one."

"Oh you shut up. See? You shouldn't have hid your talent! There's no reason for you to keep it for yourself", Hyechin added.

"Whatever you say. Can we please continue eating?", I spat slightly annoyed. Both of them looked at each other and shrugged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Hello, hello~ First chapter up! I made it quite short ideky I guess I needed more for later? :) I wanted to point out that there will be lots of dialogues, especially messages between Hailee and Jongin. I also do insert links/pictures, here and there mostly for the choreographies, what they are wearing and such. Describing detailed things isn't really.. my thing lmao Please leave comments! I hope you enjoyed this chapter hehe c: Have a nice day ahead lovelies!!