Repairing What Was Damaged

Broken Wings 2

Things get a little depressing in this chapter. Angel's feels alone right now. Because of the recent events that happened to Angel she begins thinking about her dark past. But it gets happier towards the end.

Chapter 6

 

Angel


The boys have been really busy as of late, and Zaka seems to be avoiding me. I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling. I being tracing patterns on my wrist. My mind slips back to when I was 8. I remember I used to hang out with this group of highschoolers. They all were similar to me, rough lifes not fit for a child. I was really close to one member, his name was Danny. One night I was staying over his house. I happened to find a small blade. It had remnices of blood on it. 

(Flashback)

"So you found that did you?"

I jumped and turned around to face Danny. 

"I'm sorry I was just...."

"Don't worry about it."

He ruffles my hair, and chuckles.

"That's how I got these."

He lifts his slevee up reaveling a series of scars. I look from the scars to the knife.  The scars are shaped like cresant moons. They're pretty I think to myself. 

"You wanna try?" 

I nod unconsciously and he comes over to takes the knife. 

"Gimme your arm."
At first it hurts a lot, but then I start to feel weird I get this warm feeling go through me. It almost makes me smile. 

Danny stops and that feeling goes away. I look back up at him in wonder. He goes to the bathroom, and gets the first aid kit. He cleans me up, and then we start listening to music. We both act like what we just did was nothing, like it wasn't wrong.

(End Flashback)

 

A knock on the door brings me back from the past. I get up, and walk to the door slowly. I open and see a bouquet of flowers sitting on the ground. I pick them up, and a note falls out. It reads:

 

Dear Angel,

I'm sorry for the pain I have caused you. I realize now that I probably put you in more pain than you were already in. I know I'm the last person you probably want to see so I leave you these flowers, and these words. I should've treated you better, maybe if I  did you could have fallen for me too.

Sincerely yours,

                        Bang Yongguk

 

 

I smile slightly at the card. From talking to Zelo I know Yongguk has been trying to get his act right. He's been going to counciling, and therapy. Zelo said he's even heard him crying at night, when he thinks about how badly he treated me. I'm glad he's becoming a better person. I decide to call Zelo.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Hey Zelo how are you?"

"Angel!! Great what about you?"

I chuckle at how cute he is.

"I'm good. Is ah Yongguk there?"

"Yeah he jsut got back, but he won't tell me where from."

"Well I'm gonna come over. Don't tell him I want to surpise him okay?"

"Ah sure, but wae are you coming over?"

"I need to thank him for something in person."

"Okay see you soon!"

We hang up, and I get ready to leave.

 

Yongguk

 

I fall onto my bed, and bury my head into the covers.

"I hope she likes the flowers." I mumble.

She probably won't believe what I wrote though. The thing is I've really been trying to change. Somewhere inbetween Leo beating the out of me, and being in the hospital I realized something. For the first time in my life I realized I was turning into my father. The way he treated my mother I hated, but I wasn't be any better to Angel. I punch my pillow as I think about how ed up I was. I can't even apoligize properly because she probably hates me. I sigh in defeat, I just hope someday I can forgive myself, becuase I don't ever want her to forgive me.

"Ding Dong."

"I'll get it!" Zelo screams.

I get up to go see who's visiting. 

"Come one slow poke hurry." Zelo taunts. 

Then I see the person who I've been hiding from.

"Hi Yongguk, um I kinda wanted to talk to you."

 

Angel

 

He's obviously shocked to see me. He points to himself, as if there's more than one Yongguk in the room. I nod at him.

"Let's go get some coffee, and talk."

I have to pull him to the door. He snaps out of his daze, and puts his shoes on. I pull him out the door, and we begin walking in silence. It's akward, but I don't know what to say so I stay quiet. I pull him towards a side street, and into a small, and cozy coffee shop I like. I pull him over to order.

"Hi Angel it's been awhile. Where's Leo?"

"He had to work today so I brought a friend. This is Yongguk."

Mike bows to to him, and Yongguk does the same. 

"The usual for you Angel?"

I nod, and smile at him.

"And for you sir?"

"Ah give me a double shot chocolate expresso."

Mike nods, and heads to the back to start making our drinks. 

I pull Yongguk over to a table into the back corner of the coffee shop. 

"Soooo um first I guess I want to say thanks for the flowers. They were nice."
he jumps a little, and looks up.

"You liked them?" he asks shocked. 

"Yeah thanks a lot." 

We go silent as mike comes over with our drinks. We sip on our drinks for a while I look up at him, and laugh. He looks up shocked again.

"You have whip cream on your nose."
He blushes, and wipes it off with a napkin. 

 

Yongguk

 

I feel like I need to say something. I need to apoligize. This could be my only chance.

"Ah Angel I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for the way I acted towards you. I was just so cruel, and I...I..."

Tears start falling, and in seconds I'm a sobing mess. 

"Yongguk-ah you don't have to apoligize. I know your sorry, and I've already forgiven you."

Those last words freeze me. 
"You've forgiven me?"

She nods, and smiles warmly.

"Me and Zelo have been talking. He's been telling me how hard you've been working to get yourself striaght. I'm proud of you Yongguk. But It's time for you to forgive yourself. That's the only way you can move on."

She takes my hand gently in hers.

"Please forgive yourself if not for yourself for me."

I lift my head up and look into her eyes. My heart flutters. I have to forgive myself for her. I'll do anything for her. 

 

Zaka 

 

I'm walking around exploring. I notice a cute little coffee shop on a side street. I start heading towards it until I see someone. Angel's there, but she's not alone. Bang Yongguk sits at the table with her. Their hands are intertwine. This is here with him when she has Leo. She such a little hoe! Any guilt I feel towards drowning her slips away when I see this. Then I have an idea. I take my phone out snapping a picture of them. I quick find Leo's number, and send him the picture. 
"I hope you get what's coming you two timing .

 

Angel

 

Yongguk nods his head,and I smile.

"I know we can't be togather anymore, but I would still like to remain friends."

He nods and a huge grin spreads on his face. 

 

Yongguk

 

I'm glad were friends, as long as I can still be around her that's enough for me.

 

 

Aww the made up, and Yongguks becoming a much better person, but that damn Zaka is a firecracker. Comment on what you think of this chapter.

 Komapsumnida.