The Journey Starts

All About Variety

A/N : Did you see the new poster yet? Ah! I love it!! Thanx, seraphintears for making it! Anyway, I can't stand it. I want to update, but I still got four more pathways to cover up. So, I figured it'll be like this. I'll still post all of them in one chapter, just one by one. So if you got an update, but didn't see a new chapter, try looking at the latest chapter, and see if it has already been updated with the next pathway. Sorry, I just can't stand not updating for so long. Enjoy :) 

Chapter 2

          First Pathway and Door aka Pathway of Hatred

          [G.O’s POV]

          That’s what it said on the door. I didn’t bother to look back, since we all agreed not to before arriving here. I tried my best, being brave as I can be since I’m already 23 and should act mature. Shouldn’t I? The 1 minute time break given already passed, and I only managed to wave goodbye to Chulyeongie and Seungho. Joon and Cheondoong, I didn’t quite get the opportunity since they are much further than Chulyeong and Seungho’s door. On my spot, there was only me, and then both Victoria and Onew heading towards me, as the 1 minute siren went loud, loud enough for everybody to hear. I saw Victoria’s tears and Onew’s trembling eyes. Tried my worst not to care, though.

          “Are you guys okay? Victoria?” I said, as I neared Victoria. She nodded, wiping the tears off her eyes. “Onew?” he didn’t nod, even though he looked like he was going to burst into tears. I doubt that. He’s the youngest in this team, he should be like that, I guess?

          “Shall we open the door?” both of them nodded. I opened the door, only revealing a place, where the colour red is flashing everywhere, like the flaming fire. It totally burned my eyes, same goes to Victoria and Onew too. I covered her eyes, protection from the burning colour, and covered mine also. Onew covered his himself, which made it easier for me since I only have two hands.

          “Welcome, G.O, Victoria and Onew to your journey, and also to the Pathway of Hatred. As all three of you know, all of you are loved by netizens, and those who are antis of you aren’t that much, out there, out of all five in your own groups. Prepare to see a new side of netizens, that is hating, that I’m sure almost none of you had experienced before. I say good luck to your journey, and hopefully none of you will commit suicide.”

          The voice from the loudspeaker was really deep yet chipmunky like. It didn’t surprise me though, the announcer must hide their identity so that when we’re done with this thing, we won’t actually continue to hunt them or file a lawsuit against them. Most companies and people would.

          The pathway suddenly lightened up, and there were footsteps, three kinds, actually. The first was the biggest, second was a little bit small, and the third was the smallest of them all. I didn’t know what to do, but I stepped my foot onto the first kind, and it fitted. Onew got onto the second, and Victoria got into the last. I was just about to take both my feet out from the footsteps, when suddenly something grabbed my feet, thus, disabled me to move away.

          “Yah! Remove this! I can’t move!” Onew suddenly shouted.

          “Aahh!! It’s stuck! It’s stuck like glue!” Victoria screamed, and hugged herself. If only I wasn’t that far from her, I’d hug her by now.

          [Onew’s POV]

          My feet can’t move! Both of them! Neither can Victoria and G.O hyung.. I really want to get out.. This is so uncomfortable! Even though it fits, it isn’t likeable at all. I heard G.O hyung struggling, and Vic-noona screaming, and then the foot steps moved forward, like it was an escalator or something. We went through a path, that had everything on it. What I meant with everything, was by the scary and freakish not to mention unreasonable hateful messages, that was printed large, large enough that we could read everything. My eyes hurt from seeing too much words. And I read everything, truly, everything. It was truly a nightmare.

          “G.O, lose the beard! It doesn’t make you any much more handsome if you do that, you know? Don’t make those stares. People don’t think you’re cute. You shouldn’t even be in MBLAQ. Stay away from Jooyeon, I warn you.”

          “Onew! Your voice ! And what does Onew means, anyway? Is it **** ? Get the **** out of K-Pop! And don’t mess with my SNSD unnies!”

          “Victoria! You think you’re soo pretty? Stop it with the aegyo. It doesn’t work on anyone! You’re not cute, nor naturally cute. People who said that are blind. Go back to China ASAP, you’re not needed here! Stop flirting with my Super Junior oppas!”

          I could hear a very feminine voice, sobbing over what was said from the extremely loud speakers, thus, I didn’t care much about what it was said about me. My whole attention was for her, only. She was crying, sobbing like non-stop. G.O hyung, covered his ears, trying hard not to hear all of those hatred comments all about him. I tried my best already, ignoring it. And I succeeded. I was worried of her. She’s never used to all these hatred stuff.

          I hesitated to calm her down, but as her voice sobbed louder and louder, I began to ignore my hesitation, and neared her. At first, I patted her back, but that didn’t help at all. I went nearer, even though we’re both are just by each other, and slowly hugged her. She didn’t resist, and collaborated with me, by just hugging herself, even if my arms were already around her.

          At one point, a voice screamed really loud, it was both coming from a man’s throat, also from a woman’s voice. It was practically shrieking, that all three of us sat down in shock, still failed to remove our stuck feet from the ground. Her sobs went louder, and I tried to calm her down, by going through her silky long black hair, telling her to relax.

        “It’s okay, Vic.. It’s okay.. Nobody’s going to harm you here, in mine and G.O hyung’s presence,” I calmed her down. I wasn’t sure if G.O hyung did hear me, but I ignored it and continued combing her hair with my hands.

          As the voice continued screaming out of frustration, she continued sobbing, her eyes were full of clear tears, and later, she finally acknowledged herself to put her head onto my shoulders, which I lowered down to my chest, still continuing with the effort to calm her down. She suddenly tugged on my shirt, closing her eyes, trying to ignore everything, yet she still failed. I still calmed her down, though.

          The path looked like it was never-ending, a part of me wished it would never end, so that I could remain at this position for as long as I like. But it finally came to an end, when we arrived at the end of the pathway. It was a junction, three separate ways, like it was made to separate us three. Victoria, who saw this, when she blinked her eyes open, hugged me tighter, as she knew that we were going to separate. I hugged her back, tightly, as if I was confirming that I wouldn’t be releasing it.

          “You’ve reached your first stage of surviving the hatred pathway, but only together. Your feet are no longer attached to the ground, now you may move freely. The three of you must choose a pathway, to continue your journey towards the end, but remember to be wise in choosing, you may not know what is waiting at the end of each path. It may be a dangerous animal, a path continuing to another place, or anything that’s far beyond your imaginations. Perhaps a fairyland? Choose wisely, and you will be safe,” the announcer, who remained his chipmunky voice, said. The voice later disappeared, leaving us three clueless.

          The first and second pathways were gleaming and beaming like there were thousands of lights coming from the ground while the third pathway looked like the way to the cemetery. But then again, this could be a trick, to ensure that we all go through the wrong path and has to keep front with anything that they would put us into. I surrounded G.O hyung, together with Victoria behind me and we started to make progress.

          “Which one should we choose?”G.O hyung started.

          “I think we should go through the cemetery path, it looked scary enough to trick us,” I suggested. “Yeah, I agree too. Victoria?”

          Slowly, she looked back at the third path. Only looking at it could give you goose bumps. No one can expect what would pop out from there. She turned her head back towards us, wiped her tears and slowly shook her head, from disagreement. Unsatisfied, G.O hyung asked back,

          “But why?”

          “It.. Looks scary, G.O.. I’m ssscared..” I could see her trembling eyes, that are starting to weep again, her pink cheeks and vibrating fingers.It was clear that she was afraid.

          “Vic, don’t worry. I’ll protect you. You can stay in the middle between us, okay? If you’re scared, you can just scream, but not too loud. Preferably, in your own mind. We wouldn’t want anyone to realize we’re here, okay?” G.O hyung calmly said. She just nodded, and agreed to go, since she was the only one who opposed. She was more looking forward to the ever so shining first pathway that looked like it had rainbows and unicorns in it.

          [Victoria’s POV]

          I’m scared. So scared that I’m practically freezing from the top of my hair to the bottom of my toes. I can’t even look anywhere. It really was a stupid decision to go here, agreeing to this. I knew it was going to be tough, but not this tough! The dark atmosphere just glooms everything down, and it was hard not to let my tears out. I know I have to be strong, but I just can’t. Or was it because my mind can’t left my f(x) members?

          I tugged hard to both G.O’s and Onew’s shirt. For a second there before, I wondered why Onew didn’t call me noona as always. Probably because of the deal we made yesterday? I didn’t see anything that proved that deal right. I don’t care anyways, I’m too afraid of my own sake.

          As we entered the pathway, I got nearer from behind of both their backs, and fitted myself into the hole that formed between both of them. I just wished someone would carry me out of this place, and straight to the exit door, where this will all end, and everything will go back to normal again. But that wouldn’t happen, the journey has just started. Be strong, Victoria. Be strong, you can do it.

          The stoned path roughed our way, but we managed through. Both Onew and G.O were ready with their protection from either up, down, left or right, just in case somebody wanted to attack. You know how crazy can anti-fans be. That’s what was told to me, anyway. I closed my eyes, trying not to do anything, and wished that my feet would float above the ground, so that my fear would lessen. But then, after a few minutes, both of them stopped, making me almost falling flat to the ground. Thanks to my flexibility skills, I was able to not fall flat onto the ground. I opened my eyes, and saw where we’re at.

          It was a beautiful scenery, no longer a dark and cold cemetery, that had fresh air, and birds flying  high in the sky, that made feel like running around like a little kid once again. I saw the houses, it was all straw. Yet, no one seemed to live inside it. There was a signboard, saying;

          You’ve made the wrong mistake.

*****

 

Second Door aka Hall of Candy

[Taemin’s POV]

I don’t know why, but I felt really giddy seeing the title at my door. Is it going to be heaven for us? I already rounded all doors, and it seemed like the first door was suppose to be torture for them. The other doors, I’d rather not tell. But really, my door was the best among the best! It was the HALL OF CANDY. What would be better than that? Except for the fact that I’m gonna gain weight, it wouldn’t be a problem. I seriously did not expect that.

I looked to my right, there’s Sulli. There’s tears in her eyes, yet she was still jumping giddily due to the fact there’s gonna be candy inside. Mir looked like he was going to scream out of excitement, like he always does on variety shows. His teeth was showing, mine too, and so was Sulli.

“Let’s go!!” all three of us said excitedly. I, being in the center, volunteered to open the door, and so I did.

When the door was opened, everything pops out from the ground. Everything that defines the word ‘candy’. It was truly heaven for us. Ah! My favorite! Chocolate bar, I miss you! Taffy, you too! I instantly grabbed everything that I could see that popped out in front of me. And stuffed them into my mouth too. I could see from far that Sulli and Mir was enjoying it too, they were too busy eating everything that was at sight.

Candies were falling from the sky, it was truly heaven for all of us. It seemed like waaay back when we last had candy. I ate and ate and ate. Til I just can’t eat no more, I still ate. I didn’t realize, my sugar rush is going to rush in without me knowing, and without any of the SHINee members to stop me, I’m going to go crazy.

I wasn’t tired at all, and later, I saw a piece of heavenly chocolate, just at the back of the door. My eyes bulged once I saw the chocolate, it didn’t matter. I wanted the chocolate. I needed the chocolate. No one is to have the chocolate unless I have it first. I repeat, no one.

I ran as fast as I could, towards the chocolate, as my mouth waters with glee.

[Sulli’s POV]

It’s been like 2 years after I had chocolate!! This is the best thing ever that ever happened in my life! Well, besides getting to be in f(x), this is the best ever!! I totally don’t regret signing for this show. AH!! I love this, I love this!

Wait. That piece of chocolate, at the door. It’s just like, sparkling, and kept saying, Come and Eat me.. Don’t leave me behind.. I want you to eat me.. Don’t worry, chocolate. I will eat you.

My legs were kind of tangled with some of the sticky taffy, but I still managed to get through it. I ran and ran, just the thought of milky chocolate melting in my mouth, makes me want it more. What can I say? I just love candy.

I didn’t care about anything, I just wanted my chocolate. Nobody’s gonna stop me. Not even Taemin oppa, not even Mir oppa. Gah,, I’m going goo goo for chocolate..

[Mir’s POV]

This defines Bang Cheolyeong’s heaven! I scrambled all of the candies and threw them up in the air, it smells like candies and chocolates. So great, so wonderful, made me want to die with these chocolates. I hadn’t even thought of this the second I agreed to do this thingy right here~

I turned and spun around, like I’m in a field of flowers, and then, I saw IT. It was the thing, that seemed like it wanted me to go and take it, to go and smell it, to go and EAT IT. And so, I went, proceeding my steps faster and faster by the moment. I saw my other two opponents, Taemin and Sulli, also heading towards the chocolate.

NO! That chocolate is MINE!

*****

[Sulli’s POV]

I am so by far the nearest to the chocolate! Haha! No one can get it now! I shall be getting it!

I was so near. Just an inch away, from taking the chocolate, grabbing it and putting into my shaking hands, yet there are always things that didn’t allow me to have my own way. The ground started shaking, both Taemin oppa and Mir oppa stopped at their own preferred places. So did I, even though I was just one inch away from having the time of my life.

The ground shook harder and harder, and then there were holes forming, making all the candy that was on the ground before, falling. Sh*t, why didn’t I took more into my pockets This is a waste. I could’ve shared it with the other unnies. I want to share it with the other unnies, no. I have to. I must’ve been forced to.

The big 5 foot chocolate suddenly raised higher and higher til it was out of my reach, until it reached the sky, or at least I thought it was. Our positions remained, we dared not to move around, afraid of being fallen down deep into the holes. A tv screen popped out of nowhere, attracting our attention. There, appeared, a lady with bright red lips, talked to us.

“Welcome to the Hall of Candy, Taemin, Sulli and Mir. For your information, you won’t be needing these candy anymore, since you will be fighting for it, instead of just taking it for granted. You had your chance, now it’s ours.”

“As you can see, what you see is just a big hall that used to fill with candy –and lots of it, but it’s gone now. In order to get candy and survive through this one whole month, you must fight against your two opponents, ensuring that you will survive at the end. More challenges and dares will be on your way, so please, bother yourself to actually win. For the champion, we had this magnificent 5 foot tall chocolate, and also some other surprise prizes that we are going to reveal later on.”

“Ready? Begin your journey.”

Aww man. I want that chocolate! That sweetest 5 foot chocolate was for free and now we have to fight for it? I’m not in for this. I could’ve just ask Victoria Umma and make her do me a 5 foot chocolate. Yeah, I’m gonna search for her. I’m totally out of this.

“LADY, whoever you are, I am not participating! Goodbye!” I reached for the door knob to go, yet, it was practically stucked.

“You may not leave, little Sulli. This is just the beginning, and you’ll see what you have to do. Besides, you have already signed the contract with us, thus, you’ll have to agree as long as your members are still here. Remember, your members might be in danger if you don’t agree to the contact and leave just like that. You don’t even know how to go back to your dorm, so I suggest you stay here, and fight.”

What?! She does know I’m just a little kid, and little kids aren’t suppose to fight each other!

“Stop the talking now, we will begin it.”

A sudden chair came towards our butts, the hands on the side strapped our hands and legs together, glued our butts to the chair, making us unable to move. I wanted to so badly scream, but thinking about Amber ‘hyung’, Vic-Umma, Lulu unnie, Krys-twin, I stopped myself. But instead, I heard Mir’s screams.

“AHHHH!!!” I look to my right. Oh. Mi. Gosh.

Mir was practically covered in blood, or shall I say red taffy, that fell on him,  from the fake sky. I looked to my left, and Taemin oppa too, was covered in rainbow cotton candy, the one that he hated the most. Suspicious, I looked upwards, to find that up above me, there was an ice cream vanilla machine that was ready to be loaded and go. Our chairs moved in synchronization, moving left right, up and down, but all, going in the same direction.

And it rained vanilla ice cream that day, not in a good way.


 

I decided to make two in one chapters, since I can't finish five in one day. I just finished TaeLli in 3 minutes, with 3 pages only, sorry but I'm hungry for lunch :D I'll be updating later today, if I'm not busy with my novel or subbing stuff, so please anticipate!

And to you guys who love Shiny Effects just as much as I do, [and also Shining Melody-SHINee Kara-, f(blaq), a lil bit of Super Generation] click the link!! 

Epic Drama >> You can apply for this fic! 

Comments pleasee!!