The Beginning

All About Variety

 

A/N : I was supposed to post this on Chapter 10 of It's True Love, but I couldn't stop myself. Hey, anyone want to help me with the banner/poster? That would be great! Enjoy the first chapter! This is really something new to write, I had fun. 

Chapter 1

          [Amber’s POV]

          There were lights everywhere. It almost felt like I, no, we, were all strapped to a chair, and can’t move. Is this a joke? Variety shows these days has got to stop. And what’s with that crazy attitude? Is that suppose to be funny? Do THEY think this is funny? It surprises me, what people do, to get money. But then, there weren’t any cameras around all of us. It’s just the fact that we’re strapped to chairs, that’s the only reason why I’m annoyed. Mostly.

          I looked around. I don’t know what our managers were thinking, I don’t what we were all thinking, agreeing to this, variety show. This is why we shouldn’t be greedy. Well, it wasn’t us who were greedy, it was only our manager oppa, who wanted them all to ‘know’ us better. He said it was for us to get our fans to realise, who we really are and who we can be.

          Victoria unni was far away from me, yet I could still see her, because were practically in a circle. She was struggling so hard to get out of the straps. She used to just slid her body through anything, yeah she’s one human folder. Krystal wasn’t that far, I could see her and Sulli still sleeping, due to the tiredness of our journey. Luna was just around, she was struggling too, she even bit the straps, but it was no use.

          I could see the boys of SHINee and MBLAQ, some of them are still asleep but many of them are definitely struggling. I took a look to the person beside me. On my right was Key oppa, and on my left was Joon oppa. Suddenly, a some-kind-of elevator went up, and there was a figure, standing right in front of us. He or she wore a mask, [I’m guessing it’s a he] and is holding a wand, not like a toy wand, but like a magician’s wand. Wait. Is he going to cut us, or something?

          “Welcome, to your new variety show!” the guy said. Hearing his chipmunk voice, I was able to tell, it was a guy.

          “Please, those who are asleep, wake up. And those who are struggling, please stop.” Is this guy crazy or what? We’re strapped ONTO a chair, with no one to help us, and we are thinking like we’re going to die! And he’s telling us to stop struggling? Most stupid idea I’ve ever heard.

          “Today, shall begin your journey into a house, that is filled with everything. Everything that you ever wanted, according to the interview you did. But, each of you are given a mission. A mission to impress, impress each other. Impress the one you like. Now, is your chance, to let out the inner you, for don’t worry, nobody will attack you here.”

          As the guy finished blabbering and doing gestures, [by my vision, it’s like Siwon oppa doing that, the gestures are exactly the same] the straps that were strapped on us were released. Surprisingly, none of us started to move. Well, maybe it’s because of the fact that our butts and feet are stuck to the chair and floor with glue.  

          Suddenly, I felt a move on my chair. Our circle turned to a straight line, consisting of 15 people. My chair was right in front. I closed my eyes, waiting for the chair to move. And it did. It moved so fast, that even I couldn’t scream for help. I just kept my eyes closed, waited til we arrived. I could feel that around me was some kind of like forest, because of the cold breeze, the hooting of the owls and the noisy sound the crickets made. I could know, even with my eyes closed.

          After about 10 minutes on the chair, I felt more relaxed, even if it is still moving. It almost felt like an enjoying ride, I enjoyed it alright. Minus the curious part, of course. About five minutes later, my chair stopped, so did the others’. By then, it didn’t feel at all like I was stuck to the chair, I don’t know how they do it, but I think the glue I felt had been removed.

          A hand pushed me away from the chair, so that I could stand. I opened my eyes, and there I was, inside a big house, probably a mansion, standing under a big chandelier. Joon oppa was the next to be pushed, and so on. As soon as we all were pushed out of the chair, I quickly gathered the f(x) members, so that I wouldn’t be that afraid. Yes, I admit. I’m afraid.

         “Unni.. What and where is this place?” Sulli broke the silence and tension, with her trembling voice.

          “I don’t know, Sulli-ah. I’m not sure we’ve been here before,” Victoria unni answered her. I’m not sure I remembered either. While we all were panicking, suddenly, a screen popped right out of nowhere, in front of us. It was the masked man again. The background wasn’t the same as where we all were before, but somehow it looked familiar.

          “Welcome to your mansion! Today, you, MBLAQ, SHINee and f(x), will start on your journey, depending on each other and nobody else. You won’t get any help, at all, but to survive on your own. For this duration of one month long, you will compete, to get the one you like, exceptional for the girls. MBLAQ and SHINee, you’re going to fight!”the masked man said with full of spirit.

          I’m starting to wonder, if this all began because of that article, that simple article that announced each of SHINee and MBLAQ’s true crushes. How did they managed to leak those secrets out, I don’t know. We don’t even read the article anyway. We were too busy with our group and individual schedules. So basically, none of us knew who liked each other.

          “Together, you all will become five groups of three, that will go on the pathway that has been chosen for you. Be prepared to say goodbye to your members, for you may not see them again,” Omo. That sentence clearly shocked me. What does he mean by not seeing each other again? Are we going to die, or something like that?

          “Don’t worry, we won’t kill you, Amber. I was just kidding,” suddenly, the guy on the screen said, that made me shocked to death. I’m not dying, so that statement probably is true.

          The room suddenly became dark. We couldn’t see anything. I hugged the first thing that was the nearest to me. And then, the chandelier began to slowly lit up. It lit up bit by bit, and until each of the glass was lit, the first door had a spotlight on it. And everybody’s attention, was now on the door.

          “MBLAQ’s G.O , SHINee’s leader Onew and f(x)’s leader Victoria, come out in front of the first pathway,” it announced. Then, the second door got the spotlight.

          “MBLAQ’s magnae Mir, SHINee’s magnae Taemin and f(x)’s virtual magnae, Sulli, step onto the second pathway.”

          “MBLAQ’s leader, Seungho, SHINee’s Jonghyun and f(x)’s Luna, get onto the third door.”

          “MBLAQ’s Thunder, SHINee’s Minho and f(x)’s Krystal, onwards to the fourth path.”

          “Last, but not least, MBLAQ’s Joon, SHINee’s Key and f(x)’s Amber, go straight to the fifth door.”

          “Say hello to your new mates, for one month. You will all be working together, in order to survive. Pray that you will, and meet each other again. You may say goodbye to each other now, and in one minute from now, you’ll be starting your journey.”

          The lights switched on again, and I quickly went to the third door, where Luna and the other f(x) members gathered. Their faces all looked so worried, and scared, especially Sulli and Krystal. It’s definitely the first time for all five of us to experience something new like this. What did he really meant by we won’t survive? I don’t understand. I never understand.

          “Unni.. I’ll miss you, don’t forget me, stay strong.. Don’t cry..” Sulli cried, while hugging all five of us. Victoria unni tried her best to console little Sulli but she herself bursted into tears.

          “Sulli, Amber unni, Luna unni, Vic-umma, I don’t want to lose you! I don’t want to leave you.. I don’t want to go alone,” cold-ice Krystal teared, too.

          “I’ll miss my f(x) members.. I want to us to meet again, be strong, and don’t let yourself go and die.. Ah! I don’t want to separate!” I saw Luna wiping her tears.

          “Come on girls..*sobs* I want you guys to stay strong, don’t easily give up, bear in mind all the things I said to you, survive, don’t let yourself die. Remember each other, and we’ll see one another in one month later. Don’t cry, and I’ll miss you guys, don’t touch anything weird or do anything dangerous, okay? Take care of your safety, and doubt the food that you’re going to eat before putting it into your mouth,” the endless reminders Victoria unni gave, while she sobbed, giving us all a group hug or you can call it cuddle.

          “Goodbye everyone.. Krys, Sulsul, Sunyoungie, Vic-umma.. I’ll miss you guys too..” with that, our group hug became tighter, as if we’ll stay together just like that.

          “Your 1 minute has expired. It’s time to embark on your journey. Hopefully, you all will see each other on the way. Good luck, and follow what you’re going to be told, good luck!”

          We all released our hug, waved each other goodbye. I was ready, went back to the fifth door. I took the door knob, and was ready to open it. Key oppa and Joon oppa were both right beside me, ready to start. Here goes nothing..