Chapter 12

18 and Pregnant With My Best Friend's Boyfriend

 

 

“Is everything alright, Nami?” Dr. Hong asked since Nami’s face just fell.

 

“Are you sure I’m pregnant?” Nami asked, trying to hold back the pained expression. “Are you sure it was my results?”

 

Dr. Hong nodded. “We can always test again.” Nami suggested.

 

“I’m sorry,” Dr. Hong said. “I had a few other doctors come to look at it and it was confirmed that you are pregnant.”

 

Nami didn’t feel like crying, but it hurt. It was to the point where she could no longer cry.  She can’t possibly be pregnant. After all this time, she was pregnant? Every single day that she missed at school, every single time she had a fever, every single minute spent in bed was all because she was pregnant?

 

“I can’t be,” Nami whispered to herself. “D-Do you know how long I’ve been pregnant?”

 

Dr. Hong flipped a few pages of paper on her clipboard. “We’re unsure about that,” she responded. “But according to the symptoms you’ve told us, it seems to me that you’re just about five weeks pregnant.”

 

Nami rubbed her forehead- something she did when she was irritated or angry. It’s already been about a month. “Really?” She turned away from the doctor, trying to keep herself calm by breathing in and out. She didn’t want to breathe in and out though! Nami knew that breathing in and out only helped the baby inside her to grow. She didn’t even want to think of the thing inside her as her baby.

 

“Is everything alright, Nami?” Dr. Hong asked once again. “Should we give your mother a call?”

 

“No, no, no, no, no,” Nami started, turning around again. “I’ll tell her myself.”

 

“Are you sure?” Dr. Hong said.

 

Nami nodded. “It’s okay,” she “reassured” her doctor. “It’s just unexpected, I’m sure my b-boyfriend would be happy.” She lied.

 

Dr. Hong smiled at Nami. “Well, if you’re okay, then that’s it for today.” She said. “You can always come again for checkups.”

 

Nami gave her doctor a sour smile before walking out. ‘I’m pregnant?’ she constantly asked herself. She walked slowly, now stepping out into the waiting room full of patients. Everyone stared at her as if they all knew that she was pregnant. She stopped walking and looked back. The spotlight was on her. The silence scared her. Their gaze frightened her.

 

She was waiting until she got home before the breakdown got to her but Nami couldn’t wait. She ran into the women’s restroom and locked herself in a stall.  Breathing got hard for Nami as tears blurred her vision. ‘How could I be pregnant?’ she kept repeating these words again and again inside her mind. Nami ripped a countless amount of toilet paper to dry her tears yet she still kept going.

 

Many would love to hear about their pregnancy, but Nami didn’t. Wouldn’t it be a moment where so much joy filled her heart to the point where it spilled through her eyes? In this case, so much pain and confusion hurt Nami’s heart that it was unconsciously leaking through her eyes.

 

 After what seemed like hours of trying to get every frustration out her body, Nami finally wiped the last of her tears and got ready to go out. The same feeling of resent came back when Nami saw the reflection of a broken women in the mirrors again. Dry tears squeezed their way out of Nami’s eyes but she knew she had to get home so she ran out of the clinic and went home.

 

The walk home, Nami felt, was the world’s more shameful “walk of shame”. How was she going to explain this to her mother? To Yumi? To… Woohyun? Did Woohyun even care to know about this? She no longer cried but tears fell here and there. There was absolutely no way that she is pregnant. Maybe the doctor really got her blood sample mixed up with another patient. Maybe… Not. The pieces to this puzzle just fit to well together.

 

What did she do to deserve this? Everyone always knows their good doings, but every bad Nami thought of that she could have possibly done couldn’t be that bad. It wouldn’t be to the point where karma bites her so hard on the back. Nami sighed, already confirming the fact that her life was forever doomed. Now, she’s going to have to raise a child and get through life by herself.

 

Should she let Woohyun know about this? Should she not? What would happened to her and Yumi’s friendship? Nami absolutely did not want another misunderstanding between her and Yumi again, but she was almost 100% sure that Yumi was going to freak out at her. Well… It’s not really Nami’s fault, is it? She was entirely innocent. She didn’t have anything to do with this, it was all Nana and Woohyun’s plan.

 

Nami checked the time on her phone. Great, it wasn’t after noon yet, which means her mother wasn’t home. She quickly walked home, trying so desperately hard to forget the fact that she was pregnant. Once she finally arrived, Nami went straight to her room and washed up. She wished that she could just erase her pregnancy away just like how she was washing away her tear stains. There was totally no way for- that was when a sudden thought came to her.

 

Pregnancy *miscarriages.

 

Nami quickly got out her laptop and did some research. She should’ve paid more attention in health class, but she didn’t know she’d need that information that quick. Nami searched for possible ways of natural miscarriages- she didn’t want to drink, eat or do any weird things that might even damage her body. Nami scanned for some quick information.

 

Exercising is a great way of keeping the body healthy for the baby, however, at an early stage, it can also result in a miscarriage.

 

Great, Nami thought. She wasn’t very athletic so that means that if she really did started exercising like crazy, she could really remove this thing out of her. A little weight was lifted off of her shoulders. She let out the biggest sigh of relief she had ever let out in her life. But this means she has to work really hard for it since it also mentioned that it was going to be healthy for the body and the baby.

 

Nami looked for other possible ways to get a miscarriage. She learned there was only about a 15% chance of her receiving a miscarriage, making her more determine to get rid of it. The sudden sound of her door opening scared her.

 

“Hey,” Mrs. Jang said, slowly entering as Nami quickly closed her laptop. “What are you doing?”

 

Nami shook her head. “Nothing.” She lied.

 

“Really?” Her mom lifted an eyebrow jokingly. “Come on, are you hungry? We can go out for lunch.” She suggested.

 

Nami looked at the digital clock that sat on the night-stand next to her bed. 3:37 PM, it read, which made her realize that she was more hungry than she thought. She’s been doing research for roughly about three hours. “Sure,” she replied.

 

Mrs. Jang and Nami stopped by a small restaurant to have lunch. The two arrived and each ordered something for them to eat.

 

“I’m sorry, I forgot to cook, Mom.” Nami said, once the food arrived.

 

“Don’t bother about it,” Mrs. Jang replied, doing a gesture. “There’s nothing in the fridge anyways. How about we go grocery shopping after this?” Nami nodded, agreeing with her mother.

 

“So how did the doctor’s appointment go?” Mrs. Jang asked, once it got somewhat quiet between the two. Nami was hoping that her mother wouldn’t ask. “What did the doctor say?”

 

‘I’m pregnant.’ Nami wanted to tell her mother, that was, until she thought of the possible miscarriage. “Ummm…” Nami thought for a bit. What would Nami say if she didn’t tell her that she was pregnant? It felt like forever until she came up with something. “The doctor just said that because there are changes happening to my body during the seasonal change, it’s just making my body fatigue… A-And that I should just rest.”

 

“What kind of changes?” Nami’s mother asked.

 

“Oh, you know…” Nami said, thinking once again about what to say. “I-I don’t know, I forget to ask.”

 

“Oh, okay,” Mrs. Jang swallowed the food in . “It’s fine.” Nami smile a smiled full of guilt to her mother. “Hurry up, we need to get you home so you can finish your homework.”

 

Even though Nami knew of the possible miscarriage and all, it didn’t stop her from feeling the disappointment she knew her mother was going to have towards her. What it did stop was the regular conversations that were passed around every now and then between them.

 

The ride to the store and home was quiet. There wasn’t much said. Nami didn’t want to leak extra information although she tried to forget about it. She didn’t want to say something wrong that will hint her mother about her pregnancy, because although she said she was going to forget it for the time being, it was a constant thought on her mind.

 

Mrs. Jang gently elbowed Nami while steering the steering wheel. “What?” Nami asked, really not hearing what her mother said.

 

“Is everything okay, Nami?”

 

“Yeah, everything’s fine.” Nami said, looking Mrs. Jang. “Don’t worry about me, Mom.”

 

When the two finally rolled up the driveway of their house, Mrs. Jang went ahead and unlocked the doors while Nami opened the trunk from the back to get the groceries. While she was bending forward to reach for them, she heard a car slowly drive by behind her on the streets. It was a black car, probably fitted for four passengers. It was small, but it was very flashy and nice. Nami didn’t know about the other window, but the passenger’s window had a dim to it so she couldn’t see who it was.

 

Nami could almost say that it stopped right behind her. Even though she couldn’t see who’s inside the dark vehicle, she was pretty sure they had some kind of eye contact. But suddenly, at a high speed, it drove off. Feeling uncomfortable for some reason, Nami quickly grabbed as much bags as she could before closing the trunk and going inside as well. So much weird things are happening to me today, she thought.

 

After dinner, she went straight to her room and finished her homework. She went to sleep early that night, trying to gather herself again. A hand placed itself on top of her stomach. Although it wasn’t big to show the world that she was pregnant, Nami was ashamed to know that she was.

 

Tomorrow she would have to see Yumi at school. Nami wondered how she was going to face her friend now. Not only was she by Woohyun but now she was pregnant with him. She thought from Yumi to Woohyun, and from Woohyun to Daehyun. Would Daehyun change his mind if he knew about what Woohyun did to her? Would Daehyun think differently of her if he found out about her pregnancy? It wasn’t her fault so it shouldn’t matter as much… Right?

 

She closed her eyes that night, wishing and hoping that that pregnancy would go away just like the way she washed away her tear stained face that morning.

 

 

 

Woohyun laid down on his bed with an arm over his eyes. He’s constantly thinking of who it was that was with him that one night. He was a bad person, but he was only starting. Plus, he’s young. These kinds of things still scare him. Woohyun’s been trying to call Nana over and over, but she hasn’t been picking up her phone. Every day gets worse and worse for him.

 

However, that day, Woohyun decided to try to figure things out by himself. He stole the keys to his car back and drove to the neighborhood where he had always sent Nana home. Even though he was grounded and could not drive his car, he did it anyways. After all, it was just one car ride to figure something out. How many more weeks can his parents lock him up anyways?

 

What Woohyun saw that day confused him though. Nana had made it clear to him that she left for France before anything happened. Then what could explain the girl who had the exact same face that lived in the exact same house as Nana? Was he starting to hallucinate already?

 

Woohyun rubbed his head, already having a headache from trying to piece this mystery together. However, a sudden memory weaved its way back into Woohyun’s head. The only girl, with Nana’s same facial features, that he could remember was Yumi’s friend. Woohyun remembered her claiming to be Nami, instead of Nana. Finally, it hit him. ‘Could it be that they were…. Twin sisters?’ Woohyun thought. ‘Very unlikely.’

 

The only connection Woohyun had to “Nami” was Yumi. The next thing he knew, he debating over whether it was appropriate for him to ask Yumi anything of Nami. Since when was he debating over things like this? He asked himself. Whatever he decided was the final decision and that was that. There were no other options for him regardless of if he was to debate over anything or not. The only way was Yumi.

 

His thoughts were interrupted when there was a slight, quiet knock on the door. He didn’t bother to look at who it was. An older maid stood behind his door. “What is it?” He asked, barely having any power in it voice.

 

The maid didn’t say anything but reached her shaking, fatigued hand towards him that held his phone. “A young lady by the name of Jung Yumi wants to talk to you.”

 

He sat up. “Yumi wants to talk to me?”

 

 

 

 

*Miscarriage - A miscarriage is the loss of a fetus (baby) before the 20th week (5th month) of pregnancy.

 

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

Hi, everyone :)

How has everyone been doing? It's been so long since I lasted updated, but here you guys go :D

I hope this chapter update somehow made your day hahah

 

Is anybody watching and keeping up with High School Love with Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Kim Sae Ron?

Ahhhhhh, they're so adorable! <3 I love them all

But it's so heartbreaking, it's got me like:

tumblr_m4xtps8Wjm1rofnzto1_r1_500.gif

 

tumblr_m8k13hdQWb1qleq22o1_500.gif

 

I'm always waiting for the future episodes...

 

But anyways, have a nice day :D

 

Subscribe, upvote, and comment !