the offer

big white teddy bear

 

 

 

I guess it was the time for dinner, because I could smell a burning smell coming from the kitchen. Not that I cared, I was in the middle of a very important chat with my friend from Australia, Jenny. 

 

"Alexxx!!!! Come downstairs!" I heard my mom scream.

 

i sighed. "I don’t want to!" I screamed back.

 

"Alex!! I swear, one day I'm gonna break this computer of yours!!!" my dad yelled. I sighed again.

 

Why? Can`t you for once start eating without me? It`ll give you two some alone time!!! Besides, I'm not hungry at all! Errr!!

 

I walked down the stairs, into the living room, and straight to the table where my mom and dad where sitting at, staring at me. I pulled the hood down so it covered my eyes, and then I sat at the nearest chair.

 

"Are you okay?" asked my mom softly. She handed me a plate with lots of food. "yea, of course i`m okay." I said quietly. We started to dig in, and I gulped the food as fast as I could, so I can run off back to my room.

"Pep! You`r not going anywhere!" my dad said, furious. 

 

Oh . Wonderful. Lecture time!!!

 

I turned around to face him.

"Sit."

I sat, growling.

"What are you planning to do with your life, young miss?" my dad looked at me, looking concerned.

"What do you mean? I`m working. Earning money. Having friends. Having fun. What's wrong?" I said, weakly.

 

I want to go back. Please dad, leave me alone!!! I can`t deal with your questions right now! although.. i know you are right.

 

"you work through your computer, having friends and fun through computers… that`s what wrong." I clenched my fists.

 

"Every normal person in the world now days is like that. Even Lily does the same."

Lily is my little sister. And she is SO not like me. Yea, she is on her computer a lot, but she is also 4 years younger than me. 

 

"Lily is a teenager! You are not! You are 20 years old, miss!!! Are you planning on spending the rest of your life in your room?" my dad hit the table with his hand. My mom just sat there, nodding. "You really should do something else in your life. Go out and have fun! Find a boyfriend! Something like that!" my mom added. "I know you are having a hard time recovering from what happened two years ego… but come on, you can`t stay like this forever! You have to move on!!!" She looked at me with hopeful eyes.

 

"Yes, mom and dad. You are right. I`ll think of what you said tonight." I got up and ran back to my room.

 

I know i`m not okay. I`m broken. Yet, I can`t find a way to recover. The wounds are still fresh in my mind, and I can`t run away from them.

 

I opened the door leading to my room. It`s a huge rom, with a full sized bad. My parents are very rich, smart, and they really love me, yet they can`t seem to understand me.

I jumped on my bad, facing the ceiling. I looked around. My room is covered with posters. There is no way you can see a wall, it is all covered with pictures.

Super junior pictures.

 

You know this group, from SMtown? Of course, I like EXO, BOA and Shinee as well, but i`m an ELF myself. My parents would often come into my room and wonder why I am doing this. They can understand if I like someone, they can understand if I like a singer, but they can`t really get my obsession to them. I mean. Who can blame them? They never seen any of their clips nor their preformances.

 

I also didn`t know them untill four years ego, I was in high school and I had a boyfriend. Everything was normal. I studied hard, and when I wanted to relax i used to hang with my boyfriend. 

He was really weird… instead of staying at home and gaming (like the most of his friends did) he would take whenever he could me to concerts. He was a huge fanboy, not gay (DON`T YOU DARE THINK SO), just a boy admiring kpop.

 

REALLY ADMIRING THEM. like a crazy fanboy.

 

Time flew by as i got into kpop as well, and i started to actually ENJOY those concerts (yes, i never did before..)

 

But then… two years ego, he died from cancer.

And all that was left from him for me was..

yups... kpop.

 

I know it sounds silly, but whenever i saw, heard and thought about kpop, i remembered him. 

 

I can`t find something else that can make me happy again besides kpop. and THATS what my mom thinks its wrong with me, though i myself have absolutely no problem with that.

 

"You can`t just watch anime and japanese people all day long!" my mom tells me.

 

"They are freaking KOREAN`s. mom. i told you that one hounded times!!"

 

"You`r saying this is from OUR country?? how come?" 

 

Oh yes. forgot to tell you. i`m korean.

 

"It`s not , mom. it`s the ONLY thing i LOVE about my country."

 

"You disrespectful girl. is this what i taught you?"

 

"No mom. sorry."

 

"You better be."

 

And then she left. she knows why i am like this, she just doesn`t seem to understand how i`m not over it yet.

Yes, people. i don`t have a problem with being on computer all day long. i don`t care that i`m 20, and i don`t have friends, much to say boyfriend.

I`m working and earning money (designing stuff online), i`m healthy as a horse, and i HAVE friends. on the internet!!! so whats the fuze?

 

I heard some knocking on the door downstairs.

 

"Jung hoon-ahh!" my dad called. "long time no see!" he said again. i sighed, my dad talks as if he is shouting all the time.

 

"Alexxx!!!" my dad yelled.

 

Not again…..

 

"WWHHHAAAATTTTT???" i screamed.

"Come down this instant!" he screamed back at me. No .

 

"OOOKKKKKKAAAYYYY." i can`t stand it anymore!! why can`t i move out and live in peace?

oh right. becouse then i`ll have to rent a house (and its EXPENSIVE) and to cook for myself… and to clean…. i don`t have time for that..

 

When i got down, i saw my dad hugging a stranger in the middle of the living room, with the happiest face ever.

 

"Hey Alex!" he said. "This is jung hoon- an old friend of mine."

 

"Nice to meet`ya." i emitted. He smiled and we shook hands.

 

We all (aka me, my parents and the guest) sat down on the couch and we started talking.

now when i say WE talked, it means ONLY my dad and his friend.

 

I never felt as useless as now. But even so, every time i wanted to walk out, my dad said,

"HEY, where your thinking your going? stay!"

 

So i stayed. I was SO bored, so i had to play that candy crush thing. they talked a lot, and they sat right near me, but i did not pay attention at all.

 

Suddenly, i heard - "SUPER JUNIOR..."

I jumped immidietly.

 

"W-what did you j-just said?" i stuttered. my dad looked at me, dumfounded. 

 

"I said-" the guest repeated, slowly. "I have now less work to do since i quited my job as super junior manager-- why are you so shocked??" I could not say a thing. i just stared at him with my mouth opened.

 

"oh... i know what is she doing.." my dad smiled, pleased with himself for understanding me. "She is their fan."

 

"Y-yes -i-i-ammmm…" i almost cried.

 

"A-ahhaa…" dad`s friend uttered. "Well, i`d love to get you an autograph or something but---"

 

"Ho, please do." my dad snorted. "She`s already buling about them all day- why not help her?"

 

"I said but--" dad`s friend continued, "i`m not working for them anymore, so i guess i won`t see them any time soon."

 

I pouted. i saw him smiling. "you sure are a big fan…" he tried to comfort me.

 

"Yes she is. you should see her room…. no walls, just posters as far as the eye can see." my dad looked at me irritated, 

So i just shrugged.

 

the guest`s face lightened up at the sudden.

"You know what?" he whispered. "I was very dedicated to them back then… so they gave me many presents… One of them is an admission ticket for free to all of their SS5 performances.. even the abroad ones! I can give you that because i can`t go there.. but you can, if you want." he smiled at me.

 

woha! so kind hearted!!!

 

"YES PLEASE!!" cried out, almost fainting. 

 

"But!" he continued. "you have to make some friends during that time. just so your dad will approve that.." he winked at me.

 

I looked at my dad with hopeful eyes.

"Well… i`ll talk to mom about this. it`s a long tour, and i don`t think i can effort the airplane tickets to all of them…" my dad started.

 

"I`LL PAY THEM THEN." i called. "I have lots of saved money since i live with you and don`t go out!"

 

"And where will you stay?" he questioned again.

 

"Cheap motels."

 

"Are those SUPER SUNIORS that important to you?" my dad looked curious.

 

"SUPER JUNIOR." i corrected him. "And yes, they are."

 

"We`ll see about that. When is this tour beginning?"

 

"ahem… next month?" dad`s friend said.

 

"Alex!" my dad stared at me seriously. "You have to prove me you are ok with going to this trip by yourself." he said to me.

 

"Ok." I answered and jumped all the way back to my room.

 

i`ll show you whatever i need to. i`m not giving up this opportunity!

 

_________________________________________________________

sooo... can you guess what happenes next???

i know i have lots of spelling mistakes and grummers... sorry... but at least you could understand the meaning, right?! (no... i know its not helping..)

i hope you liked it!!!!