Trust

Imprimatur

im really really glad to see how much support team b has in our hearts ♥ even after how long has it been? a bit over a month? we can do this forever (this, as in loving them)

image cr. han @ tumblr

Disclaimer: I don't own Team B.

This chapter is rated G.

---

"I'll carry your bags─oh," Hanbin starts, then stalls and peers back at him apologetically. Jinhwan blinks twice ─ blinks back the memories ─ and shakes his head, tears catching in his eyes.

There's nothing I have now that I had before.

"Hey," Hanbin's clear voice pulls him out of his trance, and the swift jerk of Jinhwan's head causes tear droplets to spill into the air. A cap is suddenly pulled down over his head (Hanbin's cap) and warm, strong fingers close around his smaller wrist.

"You're too slow," is what his Soulmate mutters.

You have me.

---

Hanbin's room is surprisingly simple, with modern blueish grey hues and soft lines.  Jinhwan suddenly feels awkward, so when Hanbin strolls into the room, he remains outside, the tops of his feet pressed against the dividing line.

There's a second before Hanbin realizes, and the boy turns his head around, eyebrow raised.

"What are you doing?"

Jinhwan immediately flusters, bites his lip and can't raise his head to meet the other boy's gaze.

"I-I-I mean, this feels so intrusive, h-how can I─"

A pause, and Jinhwan knows Hanbin's walking to him. He cringes, expecting the worst but when there's nothing, Jinhwan peeks open an eye to see an open palm held in front of him.

"You're really troublesome, you know," Hanbin tells him, smirking slightly but obvious embarrassment also showing on his cheeks.

Jinhwan flushes, gaze flickering down to his shoes before his hand is suddenly grabbed by Hanbin. He looks up just in time to see something in his Soulmate's eyes that he can't quite make out, but it's gone even faster than it came. There's an electricity that rises from the very tips of their touching fingers, and Jinhwan gasps, trying to withdraw his hand but Hanbin just squeezes it tighter, effectively pulling him into the room.

"Jinhwan," Hanbin's voice pierces through his trance, and just how his name rolls effortlessly from Hanbin's tongue makes his flush deepen to his ears.

"W-what," the Imprint stammers back, heart hammering in his heart.

"Are you scared of me?"

Jinhwan stalls, suddenly quiet. His entire world seems to freeze in that moment, and all he hears is the pulsing of blood in his ears.

"You're my Imprint, remember? I can feel your every emotion when you're not composed."

The hand wrapped around his softens slightly, and Hanbin takes a small step forward.

"Like how your heart's beating so furiously whenever I touch you. Like right now. Do you think I'll hurt you?"

Jinhwan feels a pang in his chest, and he knows that it's Hanbin's.

This is how Hanbin-sshi feels.

He almost laughs at how transparent it is, how transparent they are.

Are you scared of me?

It's the first time he looks up at his Soulmate with a calm heart. A gentle smile of gratitude spills over his features and Jinhwan raises his right hand, closes it into a fist and lands a punch on Hanbin's left shoulder. Hanbin seems surprised, and he opens his mouth to speak before Jinhwan raises his head, revealing the shyest but most genuine smile that he's ever seen.

"I guess not?" Jinhwan replies, cocking his head to one side.

Hanbin holds his gaze for a full two seconds before his face flushes entirely and he covers his embarrassment with his free hand.

How are you this adorable?

"H-Hanbin-sshi?" Jinhwan asks, still flustered.

"The key to taking care of your Imprint is to treat them as how you would treat a small pet. Control that terrible temper of yours and keep your distance at first. Then, gentle touches, you've gotta remember that. Trust is built over time," then a snicker, "and don't advance too fast, you rascal!"

Hanbin doesn't know why Bobby-hyung's tips suddenly came to mind, but when he looks up at Jinhwan again and sees the uncertainty in his innocent eyes, he thinks he looks quite like a pet bunny. Jinhwan frowns slightly, as if disapproving of the idea, and Hanbin just smiles ─doesn't smirk─ and Jinhwan's entire face lights up.

Are you scared?

I guess not.

I'm glad.