One Heart

Imprimatur

thank you all for your support! ♥ i've decided to make the updates shorter but more frequent - hopefully that helps with my writers block 

Disclaimer: I don't own WIN's Team B.

This chapter is rated G.

---

Hanbin slams the door right behind him as he stalks out of the room. The moment the door makes impact with the frame, Jinhwan shivers, a familiar coldness seeping into his bones.

"W-wait..." he starts, but isn't courageous enough to run after the boy.

A sudden rush of white hot anger flows through his veins, and Jinhwan gasps, hands the crumpled white sheets. His eyes blink rapidly, trying to contain himself as the emotions overwhelm him.

This is what an Imprint feels like.

He knows that this is an Imprint's punishment, the fact that they are tormented by tenfold the intensity of emotions their Soulmates feel.

Jinhwan tries to remember what his mother had told him before in her soothing voice as she his hair. But all he could remember were the distorted faces of shunned Imprints, convulsing to death out on the cold streets, with fiery lunacy taking over their conscience.

"N-no!" he screams, shaking his head and feeling the tears trail down his now-hot cheeks. Jinhwan's hands have now come up to cover his face, tear-stained bangs sticking to his forehead.

Please, Hanbin-sshi, please calm down...!

"P-please... -hic- don't leave m-me," he whispers brokenly.

The door chooses that moment to swing open. Jinhwan hears the intruder panting, as if he had just bolted into the room. All of a sudden, Jinhwan's mind feels clearer and the emotions less vigorous. Instead, in its place is a wave of regret and... it can't quite be concern, could it?

Opening his small eyes to peek at the intruder, his heart catches in his throat.

Hanbin-sshi.

"," Hanbin curses,  jaw clenched, "you felt that too, didn't you?"

He steps closer to Jinhwan and the boy doesn't know what to do, doesn't know where to look.

"Why are you crying?"

Jinhwan doesn't say anything, and he can feel Hanbin's annoyance multiplying again. But before Hanbin has time to whip out of the room, he impulsively grabs onto the tail of the boy's blazer.  

"Please don't go," he begs him one last time.

Hanbin doesn't turn around so Jinhwan takes advantage of this and flips to his knees, crawling closer while never letting go of the navy blue strip. He doesn't even need to touch his skin, but just the simple connection of the blazer makes Jinhwan feel so secure, so much more at ease.

Clearly, Hanbin feels it too, because his breathing becomes level and his shoulders relax.

Jinhwan looks up at the other boy just as Hanbin peers down at him, and he immediately looks away, flustered. There's a swallow at the other end before Hanbin settles back down on the edge of the bed. He raises one hand slowly towards Jinhwan's face, and the Imprint flinches almost immediately, releasing his hold on Hanbin's blazer and scrunching his eyes closed.

A pang of guilt hits Hanbin, and he retracts his hand.

"I'm not going to hurt you, you know," he sighs.

Jinhwan's cheeks flush and there's nothing but an incorrigible murmur before Hanbin shakes his head, the corner of his lip lifting up in a kind smirk.

"This is supposed to help, apparently. So don't resist."

"W-w-wha─ nngh!"

The palm of Hanbin's hand caresses his cheek and Jinhwan gasps softly at the tenderness, only to bite his lip after at the embarrassing noise. It doesn't help that his cheeks become even more flushed, and when Hanbin's thumb gently traces the pretty mole under his eye, he finds himself unconsciously leaning into the touch.

Hanbin-sshi... is unexpectedly kind when he wants to be.

"Hey, what's your name?"

Jinhwan startles, but Hanbin's gentle lulls him back.

"Jinhwan," he finally exhales, and the moment feels so much more intimate.

Hanbin hums.