Chapter Two

Tough Feelings
“So,” Eunhyuk asked while sipping his strawberry milk, smirking. “Why did you transfer here?” 
 
Sorae shrugged. “We just moved houses, so yeah.”
 
“Liar. You transferred here to see us didn’t you? Many girls do that.” 
 
“See who?” Sorae raised an eyebrow. 
 
“US. Super Junior.”
 
Sorae furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before Henry nudged her, trying to remind her.
 
“Oh.” She suddenly remembered. “The whatever SJ clique. Wait, you two are part of it?”
 
“So you don’t know us?” Wookie pouted. 
 
“Well, I do now…”
 
“No as in before! You hadn’t heard of us before? In your old high school? And I thought we were pretty famous.” Eunhyuk put down his empty carton of strawberry milk and ruffled his hair. 
 
Sorae played with the straw of her drink, trying to piece things together. Come to think of it, she did heard of Super Junior before. Maybe she once overheard the girls in her old school fangirling over them, she didn’t know. 
 
“Uhm, maybe I did once or twice. I’m not interested anyway.” 
 
“Why? Do you have someone you like? Or did a hot slash cute guy broke up with you before?” Eunhyuk asked nonchalantly. Sorae was shocked.
 
“N-no…” She stuttered. “Ah well, who are the guys in Super Junior?” Sorae asked, trying to change the topic. 
 
“Me, of course.” Eunhyuk smirked. 
 
Sorae rolled her eyeballs. 
 
“Me too!” Wookie grinned. 
 
“Aw you’re cute.” Sorae cooed. 
 
“Yah are you being biased right now.” 
 
“Absolutely not.” Sorae wiggled her finger. “And who else?” 
 
Eunhyuk smirked. “That’s for me to know and for you to find out.” 
 
“Jah!” Henry suddenly spoke up, mouth full with food. “Yew guse gan quive har a tash ju jess thum.” 
 
Sorae, Wookie and Eunhyuk burst out laughing. “Don’t talk with your mouth full!” Sorae held her stomach as she fell over laughing hard at her friend. 
 
Henry swallowed his food. “I’m trying to say, you guys can give her a task to guess them!” He narrowed his eyes as their laughter hadn’t subsided. “Not funny okay!” 
 
“Okay, okay.” Eunhyuk wiped a stray tear away as he stifled his laughter. “Oh my god I’m dying. But that’s a good idea Henry.” 
 
“There are 13 of us! Or to be more exact, 15. So there’s me and Hyukkie. Guess the rest in a week time okay! It should be pretty easy, since we’re all the cutest guys here.” Wookie said. 
 
“I know of you and Hyukjae already -”
 
“Yah! Call me oppa!” 
 
“- oPPA already, my mochi, Heechul uhm. Kyuhyun…” Sorae tried hard to remember the other guy’s name. “Ah and Siwon-ssi is it? Yeah that’s all I know currently.” 
 
“Woah that’s quite a lot, considering the fact that you only spent 2 and a half hours here. How do you know the last three?” Eunhyuk asked.
 
Henry told them about the incident earlier. “Can you believe it? Heechul hyung actually lost a glaring competition!”
 
“Wow,” Wookie said, eyes all wide. “You’re really something.” 
 
“And you’re in the same class as him.” Eunhyuk sniggered. 
 
“I SIT beside him.” Sorae emphasised angrily. 
 
Eunhyuk clapped his hands and let out a loud laugh. “You sit beside him!? Goodluck girl, goodluck. Holy goodluck.” 
 
“For the sake of shisus that’s why I’m mad at you!” 
 
“Okay ~” Henry raised his hands up, surrendering. Eunhyuk was still laughing.
 
Wookie put a hand on Sorae’s shoulder. “It’s okay, actually. Hyung is a nice person.” 
 
“Yeah, nice.” Sorae said sarcastically. “He lost to me, remember?”
 
“Ah yeah well…” Wookie pouted as he thought hard. “Sorry I can’t help you about that.” 
 
Sorae sighed. “It’s okay Wookie, I can handle him.” She smiled softly at the innocent boy who’s pout broke out into a grin. 
 

 

Kyuhyun stood in the corner of the canteen and folded his arms as he leaned against the wall. His tall figure easily allowed him to look over the throng of people in the over-crowded canteen, eyes landing on a particular girl laughing away. A girl he least expected to see. 
 
He sighed. He know she’s trying to avoid him. 
 
“Kyu oppa…” A girl tried to approach him.
 
“Go away.” He groaned, not into the mood to entertain girls right now.
 
“Oppa…” The girl tried again.
 
“I said go away damn it!” 
 
The girl forced the box of chocolates into Kyuhyun’s hands before running away, sobbing.
 
He sighed again. Feelings of regret and jealousy rushing through him. Regretting hurting her. Jealous of the guys making her laugh. 
 
“Yo whats up.” Heechul slapped his back, interrupting his thoughts. 
 
“What the heck Heechul!” Kyuhyun whined.
 
“That’s hyung for you! You disrespectful brat.” 
 
“Never.” Kyuhyun muttered. 
 
“Who are you looking at?” Heechul asked casually.
 
“N-no one.” 
 
Heechul raised an eyebrow, silently questioning the maknae. His eyes scanned over the crowd, spotting Sorae sitting with Henry, Hyukjae and Wookie, chatting happily. 
 
“Hmm that girl is fast huh.” Heechul snorted.
 
“W-who?”
 
“Kim Sorae. It’s not even her third hour here and she already have 3 guys wrapped around her little finger. More precisely, 1 hot guy and 2 cute ones. All popular people.” Heechul sneered as he copied Kyuhyun’s pose, folding his arms and leaning against the wall. “Except for Henry though, it seems she knew him long before already. But still. What a .” 
 
Kyuhyun clenched his fist. 
 
Heechul continued. “She think she can get her way around here by hanging out with popular guys. God knows what motive she might have. After all, we’re Super Junior. She might be just another one of those cheap girls. Psh.” 
 
Kyuhyun lost it. “What the hell Heechul! You know nothing about her! She’s not a nor is she cheap! You don’t know her at all!” He snarled. 
 
“What! Why are you so worked up over her huh? Its not like she’s your girlfriend right! I might not be wrong okay. And call me hyung okay you ing brat.” Heechul retorted. 
 
Kyuhyun raised his tightened fist, knuckles already turned white and stopped right above Heechul’s cheeks. He wanted to punch the hell out of the guy in front of him. He doesn’t know her! He doesn’t know her at all! 
 
Heechul’s eyes widened. It was unusual for Kyuhyun to lose his cool. He was usually quiet and reserved. Yes, he have a sharp tongue but he would never threaten to hit someone. 
 
“Yah,” He spoke in a softer voice, not wanting to agitate the maknae further. “Chill, I didn’t mean it.” 
 
Kyuhyun took in a deep breath and turned around to face the wall. He cupped his face and tried to relax. “Sorry Heechul. I… I just lost control. Y-you shouldn’t insult a girl like that.” 
 
BullYou'll be the first to insult someone like that. Heechul kept his thoughts to himself. “Starcraft tonight?” 
 
Kyuhyun nodded slightly. “I’ll see if I can. Where’s Siwon?”
 
The bell rang before Heechul could reply. “Toilet I guess. Come on we need to get back to class.” 
 
Kyuhyun nodded again and turned around to walk back to class. Heechul glanced in the direction of Sorae and saw that they’re also getting ready to leave, now laughing at a pouting monkey. 
 
He his heels and caught up with Kyuhyun ahead. She definitely have something to do with Kyu.