Run

Another Of My Kind

Jung Ah's POV

"Come on." Sehun pulled me up from the ground. Sehun and I walked, hand in hand through the meadow. "Sehun?" I called. Sehun hummed in response. "Would you show me your wolf form?" I asked shyly. He let out a small laugh. "Maybe a different day." he grinned. "I have another question." I added. "Ask away, princess. Your wish is my command." he smiled. "When you transform into a wolf," I paused, "where do your clothes go?" Sehun stifled a laugh. "You don't know? You're a wolf to you know." he gave me a weird look. "Well, I-" I pouted. "I don't know. Where do they go?" I looked up at his face and admired his features. Sehun stopped laughing. "... I have no idea." he admitted, which made me laugh. 

"What should we do?" I sighed. "What do you mean? We're happy right now and that's all that matter, Sun." Sehun commented. "No, I mean like, we're wolves and the world is full of vampires. It's a big deal, you know." "As long as we're together, nothing can stop us." he replied. "You're so corny." I scrunched up my nose. He looked into my eyes as I looked into his. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it hesitantly. "Jung Ah, would you be my girlfriend?" Sehun asked. My lips slightly parted at his question. I looked down at the ground, then at him. "I would love too." I replied with a bright smile on my face. Sehun stared deeply into my brown orbs. I pressed my lips into a firm line. "... Why are you staring at me?" I broke the silence. Sehun didn't reply, but instead he used his index finger to lift my chin up. I stared blankly at him the entire time. His eyes were filled with passion and love. His soft eyes, toned arms, messily tousled hair, and sharp jawline, would make any girl melt under his touch. Sehun leaned in dangerously close to me. I inched back a bit. Sehun showed no reaction. I heard him take a deep breath before he pressed his lips against mine. My eyes widened at his action, I looked at Sehun's closed eyes. My eyes soon closed, to enjoy this moment. If only, time stopped at this moment. Sehun pulled away slowly as I smiled at him.

The sky soon turned dark. Sehun and I were walking around in the forest, talking about what we should do tomorrow. "I'm so hungry," I complained. "I haven't eaten in ages!" "I know, Sun. Should we try stealing some food tomorrow?" he asked worried. I rubbed my stomach. "What if we get caught?" I pouted. "I don't know. What do wolves eat?" Sehun asked. "I am not eating a poor rabbit!" I protested. "Yeah... it's gross." Sehun shivered in disgust. "It's settled. We're stealing food tomorrow." I sighed. Sehun nodded in agreement.

"Good night, Sehun." I whispered. "Good night, Sun." he replied. We settled on sleeping in a dark alley, underneath the stars. We stared into each others' eyes. Sehun softly kissed my forehead as I smiled. Sehun pulled me closer to him to keep me warm. I closed my eyes to sleep while I inhaled his scent. 

"Sun." someone nudged me. I groaned then shifted my position. "Sun." the voice whispered louder. I opened my eyes. "What?" I asked annoyed. "Do you hear that?" Sehun asked. I stayed quiet ro see if I could hear anything. I heard faint footsteps and talking. I quickly sat up. "What do we do?" I asked shaking his arm. Sehun sat up and wrapped his arms around me. "Don't worry, I'll protect you." he reassured me. I sighed in disbelief. "Am I supposed to live happily by myself, while you're dead?!" I questioned. "Well, you've been doing that for about 3 years, before you met me." he replied. I rolled my eyes. "Now's not the time to argue." I snapped. I untangled his arm from me, "Come on." I slightly stood up. "1..2..3!" I said quietly. Sehun and I sprinted down the alley and took a sharp turn, just to bump into two vampires. Before I could fall, Sehun grabbed my hand and led me through a unknown path. "Get them! I could smell their blood from miles away!" we heard someone shout. We ended up in the woods somehow as I stopped to catch my breath. I scanned our surroundings. This was were Sehun and I first met. "Sehun, remember-" I was cut off by someone tackling me to the ground. I thrashed around trying to get the man off of me. He flashed his fangs as I screamed. There was no way I could beat him. I kicked around, but stopped as he was pulled off me. I scrambled to my feet. Sehun and the man were fighting on the ground. The vampire was on top of Sehun, punching him. I tried running over to help, only to be stopped by someone. "Back off." I hissed as I threw a punch to his face. His grip lossened just enough for me to get away. "Sehun!" I yelled as I kicked the man off of him. I pulled Sehun up to his feet. He nodded as a thanks, before leading me somewhere far away from the vampires. 

"Sehun, they're behind us!" I shouted. Sehun used his free hand to wipe blood from his lower lip. He stopped running, making me stop as well. "Hurry!" I said tugging his hand with my own. He pushed me forward. "Run, Jung Ah. Get somewhere safe." he looked into my eyes. "No. I won't leave you here." he cupped my face as he pulled me into a kiss. Tears rolled down my face. "If only one person can make it out alive, it has to be you." Sehun wiped my tears away with his thumb. "Aww, how cute is that, huh?" a thundering clap filled our ears. Sehun pulled away. "I'll try to buy you time." he whispered. Sehun charged at the two vampires as he changed into a wolf in a split second. The men took out guns to shoot him. "No!" I screamed. I wasn't planning on leaving him here. After all, as long as we were together, nothing could stop us. I transformed into a wolf, letting my instincts take over. I let out a loud growl. I charged toward them, but I was too late. The vampire had already shot him multiple times. They dropped their guns, smirked at me, then sprinted away. I changed back into my human form as I ran to Sehun. "Sehun!" I dropped to my knees beside him. Sehun was back in his human form too since he didn't have enough energy to stay in his wolf form. I took his hand into mine. His thumb caressed my hand gently. "It can't end like this." I started to sob. "Didn't you say that if we were together, nothing could stop us?" I asked. "Sun, we have to face it. This is a battle we can't win." he confessed. "I love you, Jung Ah." those were his last words before he closed his eyes. "Sehun..." I cried. "Don't leave me. You have to open your eyes. Smile for me one last time." I brushed his bangs away from his face, but Sehun did nothing. "I never got to say that I love you too. You didn't wait for me to say those words. The words I kept to myself the entire time." I touched his freezing, cold hand. I turned towards the two guns that were abandoned on the grass. I crawled over to them and picked one up. I pressed the barrel of the gun against my head. There was nothing for me left in this world. I guess the time has come to move on. I took one last glimpse at Sehun's emotionless face. I slowly closed my eyes as I pulled the trigger...

Author's Note:

  • Thank you for sticking with me through out this story. The time has come for me to end this story. Please don't hate me. Feel free to read my other fanfictions. Until now, it has been your author, LALALA123456789~ :')