Airport Kisses

Airport Kisses [One-shot]

 

“They say airport kisses are one of the most passionate kisses ever given – possibly due to the fact that it’s the one last thing lovers, wives and husbands give to each other before they depart. It’s no simple touch of skin against skin, but it is more of a contact; a contact that only two persons are familiar of – whether the odds of saying their goodbyes or after seeing each other again for years – kisses like these, impart unspoken yet true feelings.”

Flipping another page of his magazine, Sungmin’s eyes glide over the tiny prints and letters of articles while resting his back on a leather seat. Kyuhyun sits across of him, reading a novel of some sorts and chuckling to himself as he watches the older man fidget from his seat.

“Stop looking at me like that” Sungmin whispers, hiding his chin underneath the woolen texture of his scarf. If there are things he isn’t comfortable with, then it’s definitely Kyuhyun staring at him.

“Who says I’m staring?” Kyuhyun answers, fixing his tie and adjusting the glasses on the bridge of his nose. “I was reading, you know” and as if giving emphasis, he waves the book right in front of Sungmin’s glaring eyes.

“Well…you were, okay. And stop with the waving” he pushes Kyuhyun’s fingers away and covers his face with the magazine he was reading. Kyuhyun chuckles at him again. “Airport kisses…you’re reading that again?”

Sungmin hisses underneath his scarf, “None of your business. And just how sure are you that I’m reading that crappy article again?”

Kyuhyun wanted to burst out laughing. Surely, everything about Sungmin is precious…even his banters and tantrums are…lovable? He finds no words to describe the man he had asked to marry just a year ago, and even after the twists and turns, he puts his book down and pats Sungmin on the knee.

“Of course it’s my business. We’re engaged, aren’t we?” he muses, feeling a light shudder from the petite man as he squeezed his knee. “And I’m quite sure you’re reading it again…as a pilot, I have perfect vision. Judging from the number of pages on the left, you are exactly on page 24, the article’s second page.”

Damn Kyuhyun and his 20/20 vision.

Sungmin makes a sound and lowers the magazine to the level of his eyes, where he sees his soon-to-be-husband decked in his pilot uniform; slick black and fitted, bearing his gold plated ID tag on the right-side of his chest. “Every single time. You catch me every single time! Ugh!” he moans out of defeat, snatching loose his scarf and throwing the magazine down.

Kyuhyun laughs this time, and in one swift motion, joins Sungmin on the other side of the seat, their hands intertwined and their eyes meeting. “You’ve been agitated these past few weeks. Do you mind telling me what’s going on?” Kyuhyun asks, resting his head atop Sungmin’s own.

Sungmin shrugs and turns on his seat, squishing himself right into Kyuhyun’s arms and hugging his torso. “You…you’re leaving me again” he sighs, shaking his head in dismay like a puppy begging not to be thrown.

Kyuhyun embraces him back. So this is what it’s all about. With a melodious laugh and a kiss to his hair, he lifts the boy by the arms and cups his face, forcing Sungmin to look straight at Kyuhyun’s chocolate orbs, “It’ll only be a month, Min. I’ll do my job and you do yours…and the next thing we know, a month has passed and it’s our wedding day” his thumbs caress Sungmin’s cheeks, but the older man shows no sign of being comforted.

“But Kyu, seriously? America…is so far from here”

The words were chocked, as if speaking those words were like ice slitting his throat. Kyuhyun pulls Sungmin closer, holds him by the chin and kisses him. Sungmin stiffens for a moment, but slowly melts into his lover’s arms and locks his hands around Kyuhyun’s neck.

“Sir…we have arrived”

A knock from the door startled them both. Letting go of each other hesitantly, Kyuhyun takes his cap and takes Sungmin’s hand, “Send me off?” he asks, trying to act cute by tipping his head to the side. Sungmin smacks a hand over his lover’s face and controls his outburst by puffing his cheeks, “Just go…before I change my mind and lock you in here”

Kyuhyun fakes a shocked expression, but nonetheless grabs Sungmin’s hand and opens the car door. Outside, he sees the trail of people whistling in and out of the airport, their luggage on their respective hands as they rush to meet their loved ones waiting for them, or the ones that are about to leave, sending tight hugs and unhurried kisses.

Sungmin wipes at his wind-struck face and threads his fingers at his hair, “Kyuhyun…” he speaks, leaning over the taller male as he takes Kyuhyun’s bags. Kyuhyun blinks twice but smiles as they make their way over to the departure area. Still holding his hand like a vice, Sungmin keeps a close distance, ignoring the people hugging and saying their goodbyes around him. “Sungmin…” he hears Kyuhyun say after what seemed to be a minute of walking, and stares openly at the closing doors and metal carts.

“In a month…and we’ll be wed” Kyuhyun faces him fully, takes his hands and kisses them both. “That’s a promise”

Sungmin utters to speak, but was stopped by Kyuhyun’s finger pressed unto his peach lips. And when he remains silent for a second, Kyuhyun retreats his pointer finger, kisses it and glides it back to Sungmin’s soft lips, “For my greetings of goodbye and stay healthy”

“You’re confusing me, Kyu” Sungmin allows his eyebrows to furrow. But as he attempts to open his mouth to speak yet again, Kyuhyun grabs him by the waist and pulls him flush against his chest…amidst all the busy people rushing past, back and forth, saying their goodbyes and I love you’s.

“Airport kisses…are one of the most passionate kisses ever given” Kyuhyun begins to recite the article’s opening remarks as he lowers his pilot cap and leans in closer. Sungmin blushes a bright shade of pink and gets his breath caught in the middle of his inside banters when Kyuhyun closes the gap between their lips and just kisses him; Kyuhyun’s cap serving as their shield from unsuspecting onlookers.

Biting back his moan, Sungmin presses himself closer the moment Kyuhyun’s fingers curl deliciously on his back, scratching his skin and the fabric of his shirt. He gasps when Kyuhyun kisses him deeper, their tongues now meeting in a dance of dominance. Their teeth clash, and the heady sound of lips smacking against each other made the pit of both men’s stomach burn in want. And as Kyuhyun starts to completely let the kiss take him over, the sound of the plane he was about to pilot announces its boarding, breaking the lovers apart from their make-out session.

Sungmin covers his mouth; embarrassed and flushing from the French they just did. “There goes your boarding announcement” he nervously says, his swollen lips as he tries to calm his erratic breathing. Kyuhyun too, was left astounded, but regained his composure and placed his cap on his combed hair. “Ah, sorry…about that”

“You don’t sound sorry” Sungmin teases, his beautiful smile back on his lips. “Now hurry…before your plane leaves you”

“Not when their pilot’s still here” Kyuhyun teases back, taking Sungmin to his arms once more before pulling his luggage and tipping his cap to the side and disappears into the departure gates. Sungmin waves back, his eyes alight, until Kyuhyun’s figure vanishes from his sight; “Take care of yourself” he whispers, holding the hand that contained his engagement ring close to his heart.

Unconsciously, he lifts his fingers to his lips, and smiles when the warmth of Kyuhyun’s lips still linger on them, deciding that the memory of that one kiss will keep him sated for a month.