Memory

Fighting Gravity

tumblr_m1gu84fMXu1rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

"Oppa, to me our love was everything and you were my life," Hanna's voice cracked a little as she caressed his jawline softly, holding back tears that was slowly stagnating in her hazel eyes.
 
 
He pierced an incinerating glare onto her soft and loving one making her body trembled. Never for the past two years had she confronted that look of him. It was as if the glare could kill, she would have been killed awhile ago. Hanna winced in a slight pain when he grabbed her hands and threw them off his face vehemently. Her eyes widen in disbelief by his action but denying the reality, she brought her hands back up to stupidly cup his face again.
 
 
"J-Jongin oppa-" she broke off and blinked against tears.
 
Thrumming with exasperation, he grabbed her hands once again, "You don't make me feel like you used to, Hanna. That's why I'm leaving. That's why people leave each other. They come to their senses and get selfish again. We ruined each other by being together. "
 
With that, he squeezed her small hands hard making Hanna squealed a little before he let it go.
 
 
Hanna stood there, dumbfounded and perplexed. She tried to move, she wanted to run and hug him tight so that he couldn't leave her but everything happened so swiftly making her mind became numb for once. She screamed his name over and over again pathetically, bursting into tears like a baby begging him to turn around and come back to her. She felt her body weakened just like her heart. He broke it, heartlessly. Leaving it scattered on the ground and now Jongin was nowhere to be seen. He had left her, a weak eighteen years old girl alone on a street which she was very unfamiliar with. She looked around as her heart started palpitating madly against her ribcage.
 
Soon after, all the buildings around her turned endlessly black and weird noises reverberated through the air when suddenly her legs were grabbed and pulled down in a speed of light.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"OPPA!!" She screamed her lung out for help and felt her body being squeezed and shake lightly. Hanna blinked her eyes open slowly and saw a vivid figure of a woman her hair lightly and pulling Hanna into her embrace.
 
 
"U-Umma..." Hanna let out a relieved sigh realizing it was just a dream- a nightmare aptly. Her body was shivering and slightly drenched in sweat. The nightmare has that affect on her, big time. Hanna hugged her mother tightly and rested her head on the lady's shoulder- her forever favourite position.
 
"Did you have a nightmare of him again, Hanna?" The lady spoke worriedly while soothingly rubbing the back of her daughter. Her mother's voice was a music to her ears. It was the calmest music for her and it bolstered her self-esteem most of the time.
 
"Ani. I dreamed I met a Prince Charming in a garden full of enchanting flowers, Umma. It was a beautiful dream."
 
She hid the truth, concerned if her beloved mother would get even more worried than she already was. Often she confided her about all the nightmares that she had (mostly about him) until one day she noticed her mother waved her goodbye to school half asleep. That was when she knew, her angel didn't sleep at night guarding her, probably thinking on how to make her feel better.
 
"But why were you screaming 'oppa'?"
It took Hanna awhile to think before she pulled away and looked into her mother's eyes coaxingly.
"Because I almost fell down from a handsome white horse he was riding. I should've hold him tighter, right Umma?"
 
Hanna faked a chuckle.
 
The woman smiled and patted the pillow of her daughter's, tucking her in.
"Yes you should, honey. Now go back to sleep and say Hello to the Prince Charming for me ara?"
She planted a light kiss on Hanna's forehead and wished her goodnight before switching off the light and closing the door after walking out of the room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Silently, Hanna curled in the blanket and cried throughout the umpteenth night accompanied by the darkness and memory of the painful break up.

tumblr_m1gu5vMEe21rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

 

Author's note: So how was the first chapter? Sorry if it's short and quite plain, my intention was to give a little sneak peek of Hanna's break up before the real story begin. Please anticipate and your comments are my spirit boosters, seriously ;; Thanks to all the beautiful people who've already subcribed to this story even before this chapter is up. You guys made my day <3 Fighting Gravity's trailer will be revealed soon, stay tune !