Alone

A ghost in love

 

 

 

 

A ghost is a creature that used to be a person. A person that had died but can’t leave the land of the living. A soul wandering without its body. They are prisoners of their past and the only way to escape is for them to complete their unfinished business. 

 

Yes, that’s what I am – a ghost. Frustratingly, an invisible creature unknown to everyone else. Alone, that’s probably the best way to describe my situation. 

 

It’s been months since I died and I can still remember the things that happened that unfaithful day……..

 


“Appa, I’m off to school!”, I shouted gathering my things.

 

“Yah! Be careful okay? Don’t try to escape from your bodyguards again. Please, it’s for your protection”, my father said worriedly as he kissed my forehead.

 

I nodded my head and was about to walk out of the house when Yunho, my eldest brother, hit me on my head.

 

 

“Ouch! Yah! Why did you hit me?” I shouted as I glared at my brother.

 

“Don’t take lightly of what father said to you!” he said.

 

“I’m not, okay? Why do you have to hit me so hard?” I complained as I touch the place he hit me.

 

“Just be a good girl” my second brother told me as he pats my head gently. He’s Daehyun, he is my forever favorite brother. He never hit my like Yunho does.

 

“hyung!!!!” I said sweetly as I hug him.

 

“why hyung? You’re a girl! It should be oppa” my father corrected me.

 

“No~~ it is so….. how do you explain? Cheesy? Cutesy? Anyways hyung is way cooler so I’ll use that” I said. I heard Yunho whisper “tomboy” but I choose to ignore because I am going to be late if I declare a war against my brother now but it doesn’t mean that’s it is not going to happen. it will happen, just not now.

 

“You guys worry too much. I’ll be fine, I promise”, I entered the car and bid them goodbye.

 

Who would have thought that that farewell would be the last.
Promises are made to be broken, and I did broke mine.

 

I was in the park and is waiting for someone. I escaped my bodyguards as the matter is supposed to be personal. I looked really happy while waiting for that someone but suddenly everything in my vision out. 

 

After that everything happens so fast. I remember running for my life with teared clothes, a lost shoe, and body full of bruise and blood. My vision was blurred by what it seems to be my tears. A blinding light was seen and then I felt the life in my body leaves.

 

Next thing I knew was I woke up in the middle of the road. There were police everywhere. Some bystanders and some reporters. My father and brother was also there, crying. I was so confused as to what was happening. I tried talking to everyone but no one answered me. I even shouted but mo one payed me attention.

 

All question was answered when I see my body lying in my father’s lap. The police where investigating the crime scene. The bystander are getting information about the accident so they can gossip about that later. The reporters are there for the biggest news, “the death of the daughter of the owner of one of the biggest company in the country” And my crying father and brothers for they mourn.

 

All was like a dream to me. I never thought that my life could be summarize by a dream. But that's how it is. Time run fast for everyone and I was no exception. But now, it is like I have all the time in the world yet I do not. It's like time is playing with me along with life and death. I was neither living nor dying. I am a ghost. That what I am.