THIRTY

Ah, Love

 

CHAPTER 30


 


 


 

The hospital corridor was nearly empty, save for the nurses who passed by, coming in and out of rooms every now and then. Other than that, Kris was pretty much alone; he had his face buried in his hands, his thoughts still shaking and his heart pounding in worry.

BRRRT. BRRRT. His phone vibrated on the seat next to him; he sat up straight and grabbed the device “Tao...” he answered the call in a mere mumble. As if his energy had been drained fully.

How is she?” Kris stomach suddenly felt like it had been twisted. He swallowed hard, running a hand through his blonde spiked up hair “I don't know yet... is the party still going on? No one else knows of the happenings, right?”

No one but us... it's under keeps. The party is still on going”

“Alright... that's good to know”

Tao was quiet on the other line for a moment but eventually spoke “You okay?” “Yeah” he nodded his head. Somewhat, trying to convince himself. Right at that moment, the door to Hana's room opens and Kris gets up “I'll call you later” without waiting for goodbyes, he pockets his phone and walks up to the doctor.

| Dr. Kim Ryeowook | the small tag pinned on the side of his white lab coat stated. He looked rather young, almost like a fresh graduate from medical school. He looks at Kris, studying him for a moment before letting out a quiet sigh that gave Kris the churning feeling in his gut.

He hated it.

“How is she?” it was the only question he could muster up. The doctor casts him an apologetic look, confusing the businessman; he didn't like where this was heading. “Are you her husband?” he asks all of a sudden.

Kris blinks his eyes for a moment before shaking his head and made a correction “Boyfriend... wait, what?”

“Ah... I see, forgive me for the error” the doctor begins to walk and Kris tags along. He deemed it rather fitting to explain things in his office which was just at the end of the hall; “Wait, doc, how's Hana?” he questioned. The doctor opened the door to his office and invited the blonde guy inside, gesturing him to sit down.

He sat down on his own leather chair aswell behind his white desk. Kris didn't sit down.

“Sir, I think it's best that you sit down for a moment” Ryeowook advices; the blonde businessman frowns but obliges, if it was to make him speak then so be it. Once seated, the doctor leans his elbows on his table and adjusts his glasses before clasping his hands together.

“Mr... ?”

Wu... Kris Wu”

“Right” Ryeowook clears his throat for a moment “Mr. Wu, your girlfriend will be okay... as of this moment, she is still asleep but I assure you that when she wakes up she's as normal and healthy as she was before however, it's disappointing to say that --”

Wait... there's more? Kris gave him a questioning look “What's disappointing?”

The doctor breathes out heavily; he was never a fan of giving bad news but in his profession, it was unavoidable. “Mr. Wu, we did everything we could but unfortunately, we couldn't save him”

Him? He was confused as .

“Him? Who's him?” for a moment, the doctor was dumbfounded but after realizing the situation, he questioned Kris “Mr. Wu, when was the last time you had ual with your girlfriend?”

Kris' thoughts began to spin around in confusion “L-Last night... wait, is she --”

“Other than last night?”

He racked his brain for an answer, trying to remember... A month ago? Wait... three weeks? He wasn't sure and his tongue got tied for a moment. The doctor broke his mouth to speak “Mr. Wu, as far as my concern goes, your girlfriend had a miscarriage”

Kris' world stopped for a moment. He could almost hear that faint cracking sound of glass coming from inside his chest; he suddenly looked lost and confused.

“H-how long?”

“She was around three and a half weeks...” “But she showed no symptoms, she didn't have morning sickness, she was completely fine!”

“There are rare pregnancy cases wherein the mother doesn't bear the symptoms of the usual pregnancy; according to our findings, stress is one of the causes of it”

Kris felt himself freeze up. “I'm sorry, Mr. Wu”

Hana.

My eyes open up and I'm greeted by the light directly above. Ugh. I blink a couple of times, looking around, my blurry vision slowly becoming clear; the room is unfamiliar, the walls are white, blue curtains covering the window on one side, there are two doors, a flat screen hanging on the wall across where I lay, two tables and a chair.

I only come to realize where I was when my eyes stopped on the dextrose. A hospital... definitely. Another groan escaped my lips as I forced myself to sit up; my throat was dry. What happened?

One of the doors opened and a familiar blonde walked in. Kris... my eyes lit up but not a second later, the light faded into worry. His hair was disheveled, his eyes were tired and red –as if he had been crying- and his neat tux was nowhere neat at all.

“Kris...?”

We both looked at each other for a moment; something was wrong. Very wrong. Then my heart just shattered as his lips curved into a weak smile –as if he wanted to tell me that everything was and will be okay.

He walked over to me and as soon as I was within arms reach, he pulled me into an embrace. What happened? I don't know why I couldn't move but I know I felt a suffocating pain on my chest, as if I could feel what he was feeling. It's horrible.

“I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry...” he kept apologizing.

“Kris, what's going on?”

“I'm really sorry, Hana... I'm sorry” he repeatedly apologized; his voice was cracking. I had enough of it, I pushed him off to break the embrace and cupped his face; he couldn't look me in the eyes at all. “What's going on?”

I received no answer; he just cried and upon instinct I wrapped my arms around him, his tears slowly soaking the shoulder area of my hospital gown.


 


 

“Yah...”

Yookyung turned around and saw Xiumin –hands in his pockets and a blank look on his face. Eitherway, she could tell that he wasn't in such a good mood. She frowned “Please Minseok, if you're gonna give me a damned sermon, save it for some other time”

She began to walk pass him but he harshly yanked on her arm “Yah!”

“Shut up”

Gasp. His grip on her arm was tight and she knew that try as she may, he wouldn't let her off easily. “Minseok, let me go!” “Didn't I warn you?”

“To hell with what you said! I don't control my mother's actions!”

“Well her actions caused a baby's life”

She fell quiet; What is he talking about? Xiumin loosened his grip on her arm until such time that he released her. The cold evening breeze blew –they were in a secluded part of the garden area. Yookyung registered the words into her thoughts for a moment and it hit her like a ton of bricks.

“Minseok...”

“Hana had a miscarriage... if you weren't informed” she sensed it. The grief in his voice was very clear that she immediately felt guilt churning in her stomach. She suddenly felt responsible.

Oh god... she felt her stomach drop. Oh dear god...

“Xiumin” the two turned at the sound of the voice. It was Sehun; there was a purple mark on the left side of his lip and Yookyung then remembers who was responsible for it. Her mother could sure give a hit. “Yes Hun?”

“Yixing and I are going to the hospital, you wanna come along?”

Xiumin shook his head; “Can I co --” Sehun cut her off with a heavy sigh “I don't think it's best you show your face to your cousin right now, Yookyung-ssi... your resemblance to your mother is quite well, more trouble should be best avoided”

She frowns “Sehun, I was not the one who --”

“And you really think Kris will care about that?” the tall guy snorted a sarcastic smirk to the side; it felt unfair on her part. “Look Yookyung, why don't you just keep your mother on a leash, maybe that would help”

And with that, Sehun stalks off once again.

Xiumin puffs out a breath and casts her an apologetic look; out of he blues, he wraps his arms around her in an embrace, surprising the female. “I'm sorry, Kyung... we're not blaming you, it's just that...” he broke away to look at her “Things are a mess right now and it involves your mom... maybe you should lay low too” he pats her cheek gently –almost lovingly- before he turns on his heel and leaves her alone.

Mama, what have you done?


 


 

BRRRT. BRRRT.

Meifen's heart skipped a bit as she saw Kris's name on the screen of her business phone. She rushed towards a quieter part of venue and answered the call “Yes sir?” she had not seen her boss ever since the little drama scene awhile ago. It was all too fast, really.

Call for the private jet, have it ready at the airport tomorrow morning at seven” he sounded tired, his voice was groggy. It was down to a couple more octaves; she couldn't help but wonder if something had gone wrong.

S-sir?He's leaving? But the summit's closing was still in two days “Also, have mine and Ms. Kim's luggage ready... make sure nothing is left behind

He was leaving... No, they –him and Hana- were leaving. It was another mind boggling question: WHY? Meifen wanted to question it so badly but something told her that she was not gonna receive answers. Atleast, not the real ones. Kris would probably make excuses or rather, he'd tell her that it's none of her business.

Yes sir” and the call ends.


 

Meifen.

To say that I'm not disappointed with my boss's sudden request would be a lie; to say that I'm not curious about what's going on would also be a lie but unfortunately, it's none of my business. I'm just his PA, afterall.

Wow, that kinda hurts to think.

Fen!” my room mate found me “What's with the long face? Hey, did you see that scene earlier with Kim Hana? Oh my gosh, that was embarrassing, if it was me, I don't think I would be able to show my face in public again” she continued going on about it.

I feel somewhat the same though. That kind of embarrassment would probably kill me on the spot “But... did you see how Mr. Wu interfered?” I spoke. He stuck up for her and his friend.

A dreamy sigh escapes her lips “Did you also see how many hot guys stuck up for Ms. Kim? What I would give to have Mr. Oh and Mr. Do do that for me” I rolled my eyes. She was quite an ambitious flower but hey, it drove her to do her best. Sometimes, I wish I had that openness that she had. To openly admit without feeling embarrassed or self-conscious but... no, even if I were to possess such traits, Kris Wu was still out of reach.

Plus, he already has Hana.

“Mm!” she pulls her glass of wine away from her lips “Weren't you talking to Mr. Kim Jongin earlier? I was oozing with jealousy, you know!

Speaking of him... there he was, mingling with clients, flashing heart stopping smirks making his confidence pool all over. Kim Jongin... something about him is interesting.

Kris.

It was heart-shattering to tell her but I knew that I had to.

It was equally painful to watch her cry herself to sleep, slipping blames on herself for not knowing and for not being careful in general. I've never seen Hana break down before... never and seeing her do so almost drove me to the point of insanity. Now the room was quiet, the silence was almost suffocating but it's better than hearing her sobs and cries of grief and agony.

Creek. The door opened; Sehun and Lay appeared with my requests. Hana would need it to change for tomorrow.

“How is she?” Yixing asks as Sehun walks to one side of the room and puts down the bag of clothes on top of the table; my eyes trailed back to Hana's sleeping figure. “I don't know... physically, she's fine...” I tell him.

A heavy sigh escapes Sehun's lips. He walked over to the opposite side of the bed, pocketing his hands as he looked down at the patient's sleeping figure “I'm sorry for the loss, hyung”

God, you looking so ing weak right now, Kris...Who even thought that we'd be in such a situation? Losing something that we never even knew, had existed. To realize that it was supposed to be my son. Our son. The first baby... and he was gone just like that. “Hana... fell this afternoon... god... she didn't even know she was pregnant” Yixing says.

“No one knew...” I spoke up. I reached out a hand and tucked away some strands of hair away from her face “Sehun...”

“Yeah?”

“Tell Chanyeol to look for a way that I can still see my employees in China”

“Huh?”

“Video feeds, satellite, I don't care... so long as I can still keep track of Wu Prime; I'm staying in Seoul for awhile” the two exchanged glances for a moment before the youngest gave me a nod and a shrug “Whatever you say, Kris”

Hana needs me just as much as I need her.



AUTHOR'S NOTE

Oh fawking hell, what the hell have I done?