Belonging

f o u r t y t h r e e w o r d s
Chunji walked into the studio with a frown on his face.
 
He had woken up this morning in a cold bed, all alone - again.
 
He understood that Cap was busy writing and mixing their second album, but he would have liked to wake up next to his boyfriend at least once this month.
 
Especially today, if he could choose a specific one, seeing as how it was their one year anniversary.
 
"Yah, Cap-Hyung." Chunji called out as he walked over to the chair the older male was sitting in. "You're not really working on today of all days, are you?"
 
"That's exactly what I've been working on." Cap replied as he spun around in his seat to face his younger lover with his trademark smirk. Chunji raised an eyebrow confusedly in response.
 
"Here."
 
"Your lyric book?" Chunji questioned as he took the small brown leather notebook that was being held out to him.
 
Cap's smirk faded into a smile and he leaned back in his chair, crossing his muscular arms. "Open it."
 
Doing as he was told, Chunji found the following on the first page:
 
 
So, one whole year together…can you believe I it? I know I sure can't…
 
I can't even remember what it was like before we got together…
 
Actually no, I take that back.
 
I do remember those days somewhat…
 
I recall they always seemed to drag on and on because I literally lived for those short private moments we had together.
 
And since we've started dating, I've just fallen in love with you more and more each day.
 
Nothing you do has lost its finesse in my eyes. Your laugh is still my favorite thing to hear, your smile and eyes my favorite things to see. Your skin my favorite thing to feel, to kiss.
 
Our conversations are my reason for getting up every morning. I love the feeling of you sitting on my lap, your head against my shoulder, your heartbeat against mine when we cuddle together on the bed.
 
I'm sorry I've been so busy lately. I hate not being there when you wake up. I miss kissing you good morning.
 
I realized I would never be as happy and content as I am now, if you weren't in my life. If you weren't mine.
 
With you, Lee Chanhee, I have this sense of belonging that I never even knew I was missing.
 
 
Chunji raised his tear filled eyes from the page and smiled with quivering lips at his boyfriend.
 
"Minsoo…~" Chunji climbed onto the older male's lap and hugged him tightly, burring his face in the crook of Cap's neck. Cap smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around his baby and coddled him gently for a minute.
 
"You know, you didn’t even read the best part yet." Cap said and helped his lover sit on his lap and turn the page to show what was written on the back:
 
 
oh and, tonight, I'll let you top ;x
 
xxx
Minsoo
 
 
Chunji grinned playfully and scrambled off the older male's lap to go lock the studio door and turn on the red recording light so no one would come in, before going back to his boyfriend and pulling him over to the black couch.
 
As the couple began a passionate make out session, the small leather book slipped to the floor, falling open on the page of Cap's love letter.
 
Some time letter, Chunji's eyes caught sight of it and a single word on the page stood out to him.
 
Chanhee thought that Minsoo was right; when they were with each other, they were right where they both belonged.